Help the new guy please

No bother at all…I still message people fir help or amswers , I even feel sometimes I’m bothering those people …Or I’ll message a recipe and see what they think …Asking opinions is something that keeps these forums turning

6 Likes

How much is the magnetic swirl mixer?

3 Likes

Not sure what that is …?

4 Likes

I sure can bro. but my tastes may be different than yours. Also, how long ago did you quit smoking? I ask because it takes a minute to get your taste buds back to normal. That’s what they say anyway.

I think he means this.
this one is 75 dollars and then there are 30 dollar ones

https://www.amazon.com/gp/slredirect/picassoRedirect.html/ref=pa_sp_atf_aps_sr_pg1_1?ie=UTF8&adId=A08540811N4QQL0FWBZAS&url=%2FMagnetic-Hotplate-100-2000-Stirring-Included%2Fdp%2FB07FP8J8YV%2Fref%3Dsr_1_2_sspa%3Fdchild%3D1%26keywords%3Dmagnetic%2Bmixer%26qid%3D1599477996%26sr%3D8-2-spons%26psc%3D1&qualifier=1599477996&id=6266711817859158&widgetName=sp_atf

6 Likes

@Mike162 That info above is golden. @fidalgo_vapes knows TPA better than I do. I thought the same thing about the Graham Cracker but wasn’t too sure until I saw what Fiddy wrote.

I thought about telling you the same thing. Well, the part about the Yeswecheesecake and FW cheesecake and the yogurt but I didn’t want to load you down with too much info. I guess I should have eh?

I’ll have a look at your stash and get back to you. Remember that there is no substitute for Single Flavor Tests.

5 Likes

I quit smoking about 7 years ago and have been vaping the same 7 years

5 Likes

Awesome! It’s been about that for me too.

Ok so, I really do want to help you make a recipe but I am not very familiar with your flavor stash and therefore probably not the best person to help. Maybe @fidalgo_vapes can do one or two.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ll still put together a couple.

Some unasked for advice; When you do your SFT (single flavor test) and you like the flavor try adding it to another flavor you like, and then maybe another. It’s an easy way to discover stuff you like. Also, don’t be fooled, one or two or even three flavor recipes can be very good. It isn’t always necessary to add a bunch of concentrates to a recipe.

Another way to come up with a recipe is… Let’s say you like a certain candy bar or ice cream or cake or fruit juice or soda or or or. I’m sure you see where I am going with this.

I’ll use an example of a recipe I am working on at the moment. It is the profile of a favorite candy people like in Poland. It’s called Krowka. My friend over at INAWERA sent me a bag full of them and I want to make a vape from the profile. The reason he sent them is that I did an SFT on INAWERA’s Horned Toffee.

I know horned toffee is in it then I start a list of what is in it or what I think is in it.
Horned toffee
Nuts (the nuts are very small like the were pulverized) I’m not sure which nut I will use yet but I will start with Hazelnut.
Cream
Chocolate ( which I will leave out or not)
Caramel

So my first iteration would look something like this

Anywho, I will work on a couple of recipes and will get back to you.

9 Likes

You are awesome buddy thank you very much. I will keep testing waiting testing again and I’m sure I will find something to whip up.

7 Likes

Do you have Kinoko Soy by FLV ???

5 Likes

No I do not. What is it? Is it good then?

3 Likes

That’s exactly what I was looking for.
A couple of hours in this mixer could do the job of weeks of steeping. That’s what I read anyway.
True or not, maybe a veteran mixer can provide a feedback.

4 Likes

No, I’m sorry but no it doesn’t quite work like that. But This does…

I have one of these and it is the best 200 dollars I have ever spent on vape gear. This can have your recipe ready to vape in just a few short hours.

7 Likes

Okay… I’m watching your video right now.

5 Likes

Oh… I see
US hand held mixer/stirrer… That’s brilliant!
I’d spend money on that bad boy rather than spending it on a steeping box/cupboard.
I had problems with my steep a couple of times. One creamy tobacco went RANCID, yes you read it right RANCID. The other got oxidised into ACETONE. All steeping/mixing conditions were the same, I mean nothing was done out of the regular routine.

5 Likes

It’s vastly different from a regular mixer/stirrer… it uses massive hydraulic pressure at a molecular level in a process called high shear mixing to achieve homogenization in seconds compared to weeks and months. Brilliant it is.

7 Likes

@Mike162 here are a couple of recipe. I really wish I knew about the concentrates you have.

Biscuit (Flavormonks) 3%
Lemon (TPA) 2%
This profile makes a nice wafer but as I said I am not familiar with the concentrates so you might have to play with it a bit.

Yes, We Cheesecake (Inawera) 3%
New York Cheesecake (FA) 1.5%
Mixed Berry (LNW) 1%
Blueberry (Cap) 4%
Meringue (FA) 1%

3 Likes

So it can be described as “physical emulsifier” I guess, isn’t it?

4 Likes

Yes, you can say it that way.

here are a couple more links if your interested in getting one

Even I have a video

9 Likes

I find the same with most Strawberries, For me, INW Shisha Strawberry seems to come through the fastest and lasts the best.

5 Likes

This is a thread that’s been going on for a few years over on ECF. Simple recipes, some very knowledgeable mixers. Might be worth a look see for ideas.

5 Likes