ELR Home   Create recipe   Resource page   My recipes/favorites

Introducing the GC, Game Changer Homogenizer

31 Likes

Im gonna have to grab one of these…Ultimate test MF based Custard using VCV1 Cap…Lol i dont doubt this works as intended bc the people i know that have it have verified it …And now The ogre himself and who’s gonna tell an Ogre hes wrong :wink: Ty for the review

8 Likes

Very nicely done sir!

These devices are truly amazing (in several respects). From the quality of machining, to the materials selection, to the performance.

It truly is a Game Changer.

The single biggest hurdle for me in DIY (especially with regards to single flavor testing) has been the time factor.
Especially for things like creams and custards (from 2-4 weeks on average).
And then with certain MF extracts… (Butterscotch anyone?) which demands a full month to reveal the true level of goodness available!

Seriously. I hadn’t thought about that combo, but I bet a butterscotch custard would be off the chain bro!!! :drooling_face:
Might have to give that a go on the next session!
And having it ready to vape in 24hrs or less?
Best believe it!

Homogenizers are what the “big dogs” use (and I don’t mean DIY). Think FA. Think large scale high-shear production environment.

9 Likes

WOW, if it wasn’t an Ogre telling me this I wouldn’t believe it. Amazing, absolutely amazing. I’m amazed… :grin:

9 Likes

Lol…I figured long steepers right …

Exactly …Even when developing a recipe its a pain bc after the steep you may have to start all over …This may have me cranking out recipes lol

8 Likes

Okay so it mixes extremely well.So does a blender,although I will give him the fact that it does it differently,I don’t believe for a second that it’s a substitute for time and the steeping process.
Also cost effective?Not at 1\5 of 2 grand.This device could be mass produced out of plastic and sell for 10 bucks from what I can see.looks like a shaft with a propellor on the end inside a tube with holes in it.It pulls the juice in through the top hole and sends it straight out the bottom avoiding air being pulled in and a vortex being created,which honestly I don’t think is so terrible.

4 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. Wow, and then WOW again.

Thank you @SmilingOgre.

5 Likes

EXACTLY !!!

5 Likes

I don’t have one of these @Djsi, and @SmilingOgre can surely chime in, but I’m pretty sure THAT ^^^^ is part of what makes this such a game changer. I have tried repeatedly to REPLICATE these results using an El Cheapo “frother”, that fell into the $10.00 camp, and hehe, it’s not only not even close, it’s not even in the same ballpark. Most times, despite my best efforts, the whisker/frother DID indeed just inject a crap ton of air into my mix(es). That left it milky for sometimes a day or so. I had less than stellar results, and more than once, it seemed to actually MUTE my mixes. Now I knew this might happen.

For me, once I hear people start talking about Medicine Flower mixes being totally set in 24 hours or less, I pay attention.

6 Likes

Think about this:
How do you think that /insert ANY manufacturer’s name here/ mixes their BASE MOLECULES (meaning the actual flavor compounds that make up any given flavor: for example Strawberry, or Vanilla Custard)?

Do you seriously think they are combining base compounds and leaving them in a 55 gallon drum in a dark warehouse for weeks to months on end before they consider them ready to ship to a vendor??

9 Likes
6 Likes

Well, in a nutshell it is my opinion you would be wrong

13 Likes

Exactly. My attempts with similar devices yielded the same results.

7 Likes

You are welcome and your test would be wonderful! Great idea!

7 Likes

Great post! Thanks as always my friend.

7 Likes

Lol, thanks for the watch and response my friend. You would love this thing!..

7 Likes

Thank you for the watch and candid response. It is not my place to argue your beliefs and in the end if steeping works for you, you’re gold.

8 Likes

And your opinion is highly regarded by this Ogre!

8 Likes

Yes, indeed. Not only that but it’s @SmilingOgre telling us this and that means a lot @Djsi. See, we know him and for an Ogre he is top notch. I think maybe because he is an Ogre is the reason we sit up and listen.

I don’t believe they do, no.

Hi @woftam you have been missed my friend.

Yep, I think all of us can attest to that.

Yes, I think I would. :smile: I haven’t been this excited in quite some time now. :joy:

9 Likes

@SmilingOgre I wonder why that is ?? I mean aerating ?? Not sure if that is the correct usage here, but my results (specifically when wisking/blending where air WAS injected into the mix, and the mix went cloudy), were that I had reduced flavor, punch, and sometimes a lessened high end. I HAVE been able to use my whisker and did not froth/inject air into the mix, and had better results. I still had to let the mixes steep, but it seemed the more air I injected into the mix, the worse it got.

6 Likes