Help with an apple

One of my most successful mixes is Capella Blackberry with Medicine Flower Blackberry and Loranze Cream Cheese Icing. I recently got Real Flavors Cream Cheese, but I do not like it as well at all. To the mix above, you could add some custard and/or some Bavarian cream. It will be good as long as you start with the Cap Blackberry and the LA Cream Cheese icing. I do not find that Capella Blackberry is weak at all. I mix my Capella single flavors at 20% which is high, but who cares if I must use 5% more. One thing I know for sure it that a Capella Fruit will be very good and never weird. I find that some other brands like IWA need a month to steep before they are no longer weird. Or some other brands seem to change daily and then weekly over time. My Capella mixes steep and then stay the same over time, and as I said - they are dependably good. itā€™s TPA that I mix at 15% that fades over time and sometimes gets very weak over time. Inawara is often weird until months have passed. Real Flavors Apple is very good. I like it as well as Fugi and in fact I would choose it over Fugi. The reasonā€¦ Fugi is a very good but distinctive apple that I donā€™t so much prefer. I just made 5 apple pies (homemade crust and all) on Friday. I gave one to my friend who came over to keep me company while I made them, and I gave another to the man next door who called and asked for one. I donā€™t put too much cinnamon and I put a little nutmeg and some orange juice and sugar of course. People raved over my apple pies the last time my husband took one to work. I eat cinnamon toast almost every morning, but I donā€™t put cinnamon in my apple ejuice mix. I put cake batter, raison, toffee, molasses and optionally sometimes either fig, donut, gelato, maple syrup or another brand of apple.

Real Flavors comments: Some of the other (other than apple) RF are up and down as far as potency. Alsoā€¦ They are not very complex. The company needs more time to perfect each new flavor. For exampleā€¦ The Baked Breadā€¦ When I first mixed itā€¦ on day 2, a single drop of it mixed at 5% in a 10 ml bottle could ruin the mix. Now that it has set, I can put 8 drops (steeped at 5%) into about 5 ml and get a medium baked bread flavor added to my mix.
I hope you ā€˜getā€™ what iā€™m sayingā€¦ I mix and steep the flavoring at 5% with pg/vg/nic. Then I add drops of thasy to my ejuice iā€™m mixing. i keep that single-flavor on hand to use. Over time it changes.

You all take care, Joy

4 Likes

Sorry to hijack this thread but I need help with an apple as well.
I want to make a mix that requires CAP Double Apple and I donā€™t have it. I read that itā€™s a bit of a mix between red and green apple, no peel and has a crisp flavor.
I have

• apple (FLV)
  • apple candy (TPA)
  • apple cinnamon strudle (WF)
  • apple filling (FLV)
  • apple pie (FA)
  • apple pop (FLV)
  • country apple (PUR)
  • fuji apple (FA)
  • green apple (FLV)
  • red apple (FLV)

I know a lot of these are not in contention, but would a red apple (flv) / green apple (flv) mix come close or is there anything better to work with? I have no idea what capā€™s double apple tastes like.
Itā€™s for the water malone recipe so itā€™s not the key ingredient.

1 Like

Itā€™s not in your possession but Wonder Flavors Thai Apple SC is exactly-

Itā€™s the ā€˜purestā€™ apple Iā€™ve ever tried.

1 Like

Sadly thereā€™s an ingredient in WF that makes all those flavors harsh to vape to me. I do like some of the flavors but itā€™s not an enjoyable experience to vape :frowning:

1 Like

And perhaps apple FLV are going to be the closest to double apple cap IMO. I would probably start with a 2:1 ratio (red to apple) and see how you like it.

Cap double apple is worth picking up though IMO. :wink: itā€™s a nice all around apple (from someone who thinks that FA fuji is not /blasphemy, I know. lol)

Good luck! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks, Iā€™ll give that a try.

I just have it because so many recipes asked for it. Iā€™m not a big fan either. If I think of a nice juicy enjoyable apple, Fuji is about the last thing that comes to mind.

3 Likes

oh wowā€¦ I would convert the entire recipe into all flvā€¦

Flavorah has the best apples I have ever been lucky to play withā€¦

I would run the apple like this

1.2% red apple
.6% green apple
.6% granny

being that I am not familiar with the recipeā€¦ the rest would be hard on me.

From the sounds of it, since it is a apple watermelon profileā€¦

1.4% watermelon
.2-.4% wild melon

increase the watermelon until you are happyā€¦ leave the wild melon as it isā€¦ as it will make the mixture more watery/liqufied.

Iā€™d also go with Puckerā€¦ just 1-3 drops in 30ml for a puckerish tasteā€¦

Sounded familiarā€¦ this recipe is a touch on the light sideā€¦

1 Like

Versus the rest of the flavorsā€¦ itā€™s pretty much half the recipe :wink:

the way I have layered both apples and the amounts I useā€¦ the red and green will stick out a bitā€¦ you might want to run them both at 3/4 strength than what I posted earlierā€¦

1 Like

Not reallyā€¦ I got interested because of Grimmā€™s review (I donā€™t trust Wayneā€™s taste)

Apparently the apple doesnā€™t jump out, should be a straight melon

2 Likes

then raise the watermelon to 3% but I wouldnā€™t run it at 3%ā€¦
do what you think needs to be doneā€¦ run with his recipe or play with it on your own :wink:

2 Likes

Iā€™ll let you know I mixed it up last night give me a second and Iā€™ll plop it in the New RDA Smoky gave me and see whatā€™s whatā€¦

1 Like

I donā€™t get apple at all with this. Itā€™s actually more cantaloupe to me than watermelon but not bad. I honestly thought that watermelon was going to be way over powerful with this not the apple, but for some reason the lower % of melon mix comes through more than either the double apple or the watermelon. Iā€™m not a big cantaloupe fan but this isnā€™t in your face cantaloupe and I can deal with it. Mind you I just mixed this last night so those flavors can change, but thatā€™s what Iā€™m getting right now.

3 Likes

I didnā€™t do the super tasters test but I am sensitive to certain flavorsā€¦ I can pick up the apple but itā€™s not bothersome. Wayne does say in the video that itā€™s a straight up shake and vape and I concur, it doesnā€™t really change a whole lot with steeping.

2 Likes

I agree with what youā€™re saying here too, Smoky, because like I said in the review, the watermelon kind of gets pushed to the background by that melon mix hence the cantaloupe flavor Iā€™m getting more, so it could be easily dropped down, because Iā€™m not sure it really matters much in this recipe.

2 Likes

Ah I rememberā€¦ didnā€™t have the double apple so I switched it with red and green apple from FLV.
So my version is a bit different.

3 Likes

This has zero apple in itā€¦ could be addedā€¦
something I released this amā€¦ the spice is much neededā€¦ otherwise its a plain cantaloupe with milkā€¦

If I were to add apple to it, itā€™d be apple pop and run it at 1%ā€¦

Could sweeten it up a bit moreā€¦ the honey tho in the milk and honey makes it a moorish or dark loupe vapeā€¦ without the spiceā€¦ the sandlewood type makes it all different and a change from cinnamon and gingerā€¦

1 Like

yeah I bet their apple would be a heck of a lot stronger than caps double apple

1 Like

Iā€™d love to know how to flip the Wild melon into anything other than cantaloupe honestly.

1 Like

Well obviously I didnā€™t use it at 4% lol
Think it was more like 0.4% and 0.6%ā€¦ but it was OK. I made a version without too and I think I like the one with the apple better.

1 Like

use very little and pretend its cactus inwā€¦ >>>> like 1-3 drops in 30ml or up to .12%

its a wet melon from Africaā€¦ not cantaloupe.
Good for all drinks and fruits that you want a wet touch tasteā€¦
almost every recipe I see from others over use it.

there is a time to jack up your flavorsā€¦ and then there is a time not to.

This is why I say, get to know your flavorsā€¦ take that time.

2 Likes