Help with caramel

Hey , I made a juice with a tfa caramel and fw dulce de leche and a few other flavors . The juice tastes like actual shower gel soap lol
I’ve tasted the concentrates to find the offending flavour and I found both the caramel and dulce de leche taste like soap !
I would have thought maybe they off if was one but both taste like it !
I’ve only steeped for 2 weeks but I doubt that it will improve if the actual concentrates taste bad will it ?!
Is caramel just a pony flavor or what ?!
Thanks in advance :blush:

3 Likes

At what percentage did you use them? If you could put the recipe here, it would help other mixers to help you.

5 Likes

3 Likes

I’ve just added a screenshot of it , I subbed caramel candy for dulce de leche as it’s just what I had . Thanks for reply

3 Likes

Three things:
Fumonoid Recipes use The Flavor Apprentice Concentrates. That is what you are using correct?
Next, Everyone of those concentrates should be cut in half. IMO you have a over flavored mix.
Lastly, when in question always utilize the Flavor List on the Recipe side of this forum (I will attach the link). There is a wealth of information there that has been contributed by some very talent DIYrs in our Community. Including mixing percentages both Standalone & In Mix, Flavornotes & recipes that use the Concentrate you have questions about.
I hope this was helpful :raised_hand:
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavors

10 Likes

Just try to dilute your juice with some base liquids, shake well and vape to see if there’s any improvement.
soapy flavors are generally speaking too high of a %, similar with burnt taste or even lack of flavor

6 Likes

Awesome thanks for advice , and yes all tfa bar the dulce de leche which is fw . I’ll give it a shot reducing them :ok_hand:t3:

5 Likes

Thank u very much , another user said the same :ok_hand:t3: Gonna give that a try now :ok_hand:t3:

5 Likes

I agree w all… those recipes are "Over The Top."

But not every “Bad Taste” needs to be diluted.

Some just need to “Steep” to bring them into "Goodness."

6 Likes

To taste caramel, I had to mix it in this recipe and give it a 4 week steep:

TPA Caramel Original had no taste on it’s own for me.

4 Likes

Thank u for reply , I’ve mixed it again anyhow but using 2% of each caramels and half the butterscotch. I’m now thinking maybe the two caramels well dulce de leche isn’t caramel but very similar maybe it’s that could potentially be over doing the flavor .
I’ve made a few of these fumnoid recipes in the past and they have so far been great .
Imma steep this one a good while this time thanks :ok_hand:t3:

2 Likes

Thank u , I’ve just made it over reducing each percentage .
Imma steep for a good while this time and see what happens.
It smells wonderful just tastes like hell haha
I have to replace cotton even after just 4-5 drips to try it :face_vomiting:
Thanks for reply :ok_hand:t3:

2 Likes

Cotton is ok , might like to read:

5 Likes

Interesting read !!

3 Likes