Help with cotton choice

I told him I would recommend buying them there if he charged the same price to ship the value pack. I always ask for discounts, the worse they can say is no lol. Glad you got a good deal too :thumbsup:

1 Like

I just got this Japanese cotton I really like it wicks nicely and great flavor

I have some LTQ pads and I honestly think theyā€™re as good as cotton bacon. Not as easy to work with and thereā€™s a bit of wastage but I find them grand for my use.

My kendo finally arrived today. 2 weeks to come from London to Ireland. Iā€™m still trying to get the hang of using it. Wicked my crius and goblin mini and had leaks galore, I probably need to use a tad more until I find my way.

1 Like

It will take you a while to getting used to, but once you do, I am sure you will be more than happy with it. Also post pictures of your build would be great to see how you do it.

I got my Kendo 3 days after i ordered it. So for me the delivery time was really good.
Not sure i like the cotton though, i mean itā€™s ok but i must say i like the way my Cotton Candy Collection wicks and behaves a bit better.
Ok cotton for the price for sure. My opinion might change after i have used it a bit more.

One thing i have noticed is that kendo get discolored real fast while the cotton candy stay cleaner longer. Donā€™t know why that is.

I just switched out the kendo and cotton bacon for LTQ Japanese cotton pads. Not a leak in sight and no flooding in the goblin. Iā€™m not sure if I just did a better job or if it was the cotton all along. This stuff is wicking better and far better vapor too.

I think Iā€™ll have to practice using it with the avocado, that was thereā€™s no leaks. So far, as I mentioned below, the cotton pads I have are miles better than the kendo, and cotton bacon for that matter.

Lol to be honest, I had to switch to cotton pads too, when I was new at using the Kendo gold. I found it was wicking better using the japanese pads. Thne once my pads were finished, I was forced to use the Kendo Gold. The more I used it, I got better at wicking with it. Soon I got used to it, and when I was doing it right, I realized it wicks, tastes and lasts way better than the japanese pads. Never used other brand since.

Ofcourse experience can differ from person to person, its just my 2 cents. One thing with the kendo gold is that the manageability is different than the japanese pads, feels weird at first. But unlike japanese pad its very hard to choke it. And also the less u use the more it is with this KD.

I hope you stick to the KD for a while after your japanese cotton is finished. You might see how long they last and the taste it gives. Best of luck

1 Like

Well Iā€™ve been taking that advice and I have to say youā€™re 100% correct. The kendo is miles better than anything else Iā€™ve used, once you get the hang of it. It holds so much more juice than anything else, so I get what youā€™re saying about less is more. The Japanese pads and two full packets of cotton bacon have been consigned to the desk drawer, they donā€™t even come close to kendo. Thanks for the wise words.

1 Like

Iv only ever used puff brand cotton lol not sure about rayon though my buddy swears by the a stuffā€¦ Still having wicking issues some times lol but it has worked for me this far

I have used something called Muji cotton. This has been in my experience some of the best stuff. A warning, you do have to get through the first couple of puffs then the flavor comes out on point. I love the stuff.

1 Like

Hereā€™s my testing takeā€¦The Cotton Bacon taste better on the first few hits for sure. Itā€™s cleaner initially.

The Kendo has a break in period of at least a tank of liquid but I do get on average 3 days longer with the Kendo and I can use less Kendo (but you gotta gotta gotta plug those juice holes or youā€™ll leak).

1 Like

Thatā€™s why I like the muji. It absorbs a lot better in my opinion.

Where are you getting it, dear?

Amazon, type muji. 180 pads for 8 bucks. Takes its sweet time to get to you. I have tried koh gen doh, cotton bacon, and rayon. Muji is my favorite.

I have also tried the othersā€¦ Muji comes from Japan? Is that the shipping delay? The puffs taste funny in the tank, but ok in the dripper. (Why? I do not know)

The dripper you may get a more saturated flavor and the rank it depends on the wicking and the juice flow holes in the device. I love muji in the drippers and it is goid in the tanks as well. Drippers is where the flavor resides.

I use rayon and found the same thing. Right off the bat itā€™s good in an RDA but in a tank it can taste off.

A solution that has worked for me, and may work with cotton, not sure but you can give it a try.

After dry burning my coils and cleaning them I drip a little juice on them and do a pulse burn on it. Repeat 5 times. This builds up a little coating or primer on the coils. Since I started doing that I havenā€™t had any off taste.

2 Likes

Is it this?

Or

1 Like