Help with cotton choice

I will try that!

1 Like

I hope it works. There is nothing like fighting through a tank or half a tank of just funky flavor to get to the good stuff.

Try that in your search.

Iā€™m a fussy baby pissy pants nowā€¦ I canā€™t stand that yucky burn off thing.

Itā€™s funny but the longer you do vape, the worse this perfection thing gets. Iā€™m like my own worst nightmare wicking these things. Batteries have to be perfectly charged, the wicks have to soak and if the hit isnā€™t perfect Iā€™m playing with the wattage up and down and ā€¦ yeeeek.

3 Likes

Perfection is a hard beast to tackle. The thing we have to remember is that it is not an analog and we will not go back. Always motivates me into vaping more.

1 Like

If you can stand lots of swearing and I mean lots. This video by the vaping bogan on different cottons. was really informative for me. Learnt heaps

1 Like

For everyone who isnā€™t Australian
Bogan = Redneck (sort of)

1 Like

Iā€™m cracking up alreadyā€¦ I know this fellers videos well. Thanks!

Fussy baby pissy pants had me rolling in the floor laughing!

I agree, itā€™s not the most pleasant smell. Did it help at all with the break in period of cotton?

1 Like

FWIW I use the one on the top and I love it. Doesnā€™t really feel like it has a break in (a few hits maybe?) and threeā€™s a TON of it in that bag. Mine came from overseas so it did take some time to get to me, but it was worth it, IMO.

2 Likes

I donā€™t find any break in at all with Kendo. It also handles higher watts and temperatures far better than cotton bacon. As was mentioned above, itā€™s also hard to choke the coils when compared to other cottons. But Iā€™ve found that you need to take your time priming it. I canā€™t remember who said that but itā€™s true. Itā€™s all Iā€™ll be using from now on.

1 Like

Oh yes, the soaking any of that cotton does help because the longer the flavor and liquid sit on the cotton the better ā€¦the patience pays off. But I donā€™t recommend anyone throw anal little perfection vaping tantrums like me. Itā€™s just a bad idea!

The puff medium pads is what I use and have used exclusively

1 Like

Iā€™ve always been too cheap to use any other cotton than KGD (and all in all, itā€™s a brilliant allrounder!) but then a friend of mine gave me some ā€œMiracle Cottonā€ (from Taiwan). No idea whether you can get any, but itā€™s pretty good. 50 RMB for the equivalent of 12 KGD pads.
Itā€™s said to be a miracle for flavour and Iā€™ve run a little test on it. Same atty, same build, same board (important!), same battery (LiPo), same juice. Compared to KGD, the flavour was more fruity, more ā€œhigh notesā€ (?), more fresh, but a bit lacking in earthiness with tobaccos. All in all, itā€™s a notable improvement to KGD. It should be noted that I was biased towards not finding any difference - I donā€™t buy into that hype around the newest, ā€œcleanestā€ cotton and what not. Still donā€™t, but Miracle cotton has something going on there.
As for other qualities, itā€™s farily burn resistant (about the same as KGD) and wicks faster than KGD. It also holds a bit more juice, but not as much as Kendo (this is based on videos, no first hand experience).
Oh, one important note: Miracle cotton is pretty good at avoiding ghosting. This is a major, if not the biggest, plus for me, personally. I canā€™t stand ghosting.

One last thing: I hear Voodoo cotton is even better. If you can get any, share your experience :wink:

As always, I hope this helps someone! Cheers!

2 Likes

What is ghosting dear sir? Iā€™m still learning terms.(I am dumb)

I didnā€™t know what LMFAO meant for the longest time either.

Sorry, that term could be outdated by now! Havenā€™t read it in about a yearā€¦ That the carry-over of flavour when you change juice but donā€™t change wicks.

1 Like

I learned something!

I would say that Kendo gold is really good when you change liquids. Personally i get very little taste from the old juice when changing. The transition goes real fast.

1 Like

Been using Kendo gold for a long time now, like I have previously mentioned, to get the best out of this cotton, it has to be primed primed and primed initially. Its that initial priming that a lot of people go wrong as we are used to other cottons and tbh other cotton priming is very easy which gives us the impression that it requires very less juice to prime maybe prime the kendo too, but not quite, the kendo holds way more juice than any other brand I have tried so far, its burn resistant, just dont expect it to get fully saturated with a bit of priming that you would do with other cottons. Somehow the fiber strands are very different in this one.

Hope this helps anyone who reads this thread.

1 Like

Yeah i have found out that i spend more time putting liquid in the Kendo compared to other cottons. And rightfully so, because if i do it right i got great flavor off the bat, if i donā€™t do it right i get an off-flavor sometimes.

1 Like