Help with strawberry custard please

Hi I’ve been mixing for about a year now mastard lemon meringue pie but really could do with some help with strawberry custard raspberry custard strawberry milkshake etc any help will be much appreciated thank you

4 Likes

It would be of great help if you could list the issues that you have and need help with.

4 Likes

Sorry this is my first time using the forum I’m trying to get a strawberry top note and a custard aftertaste or any good strawberry recipes

3 Likes

The problem with strawberry custard/creams is that are is so many different ways to make one. The combinations are endless it seems. I’m sure a few will get posted here.

6 Likes

:crossed_fingers: thank you for your feedback

4 Likes

I’d advise you to go to the recipe side, try out a few (there are hundreds out there). See if you like something and if you can’t find your thing, you’ll have a good way of describing what it is you’re (not) looking for.
Taste is very subjective and without having any clue what it is you like or not, it’s hard to give proper advice.

There are so many different strawberries and raspberries. Line them up in the flavor list and check out the notes to get a starting point. Do the same with custards, there’s so much variety and lots of it is in public recipes already.

https://e-liquid-recipes.com/list?q=strawberry+custard&missing=0&recipesonly=0&adaptedfrom=&sort=score&direction=desc

5 Likes

Thank you so much

2 Likes

Welcome to the ‘forum side’. Yes, you know me.
If you’re looking to make strawberry come out more try adding some TPA Dragonfruit (0.5% - 1.0%) to the mix. Apparently it has some emulsifying properties that makes some fruits ‘pop’ more.

6 Likes

Thank you i know we got off on the wrong foot but now it all make sense what you was saying. lemon Sicily I found that it makes the blueberry pop out💥. I know i cant be good at mixing over night been doing it for over 12 months but just mixing the same old juice but now i want to push my self so i can be like you and dan the man thank you for your input.

7 Likes

I love my strawberries :strawberry: :drooling_face:. To get the strawberries to sit on top requires a bit of a balancing act and can quite easily be muddled by the creams. If there is too much cream you’ll find it very difficult to get the strawberries on top because you’ll need to push the strawberry concentrates too far imo.

TPA Dragon Fruit works well as @TorturedZen states above and I use it in the same manner, with a bit of TPA Dulce de Leche which also has the same emulsifying properties you end up with a thick shake type profile. But I digress…

Raspberry used as an additive can also help a :strawberry: out, depending on which one you use it can add sweetness and or tartness.

I have also found that a small amount (0.3-0.8%) of Flavorah Boysenberry works to either make a sort of syrup/topping like strawberry or at the higher range make a jammy impression.

Start small and build up, it is far easier to add than subtract. It is quite easy to end up with a muddle mess by adding too many concentrates to what could be a simple mix.

6 Likes

I think besides actually making a recipe for you everyone that has commented has summed it up…I did go into your stash and you have everything a Mixer needs to make a few different combos of custards… Where are you having the problem ?

7 Likes

Good morning marsh8 and thank you so much.

4 Likes

Good morning fidalgo
I’ve made a few 10ml tester blackberry&custard and custard on there own is it worth adding nicotine in testing sorry if i sound thick.

Thank you fidalgo_vapes

5 Likes

I always do, but it’s personal choice. I find something’s missing if I don’t, and testers should be representing the final result. It does cost a little more but to me it’s worth it.

5 Likes

I do test with nicotine i just wanted to to double check thank you Suomynona

4 Likes

I really struggle with strawberries, the best combination so far for me is strawberry SC real flavor and strawberry juicy FA.
Strawberry Shisha INW a close third.

I really struggle with custards as well, but I can taste fa vanilla gelato ok.

I don’t care so much for strawberry and cream, but I would probably put these two together if I wanted something like it.

4 Likes

The first 2 are similar in profile, shisha is so totally different to me though. It’s hard to put them in the same basket :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I regrettably have only two baskets for strawberries, those I can taste and those I can’t :slight_smile:

Also, for baked strawberry notes, .2% alpine straw flv not bad at all. Need to test he bottle of strawberry wild tdm INW that been in my boxes for a while

6 Likes

You need a separate thread “Help me find my concentrates please”. How do you know what is where?

5 Likes

There is order in there. Sometimes something gets filed to the wrong category, and then it sucks.

There are also a couple of other boxes for nic, 30ml flavs, and one shots. The later being the box of stuff I bought on sale but never use. I have grown annoyed with sugars in concentrates.

3 Likes