High BP, Any Zero Nicotine Recipes?

So my BP has been through the roof and I’m planning to do away with nicotine before my kidneys go bad and end up in a dialysis chair (i work in dialysis). I can go a day without nicotine but I’m still trying to look for a throat hit without it. Any suggestions on how to go zero nicotine with the throat hit? I tried Max VG but it wasn’t satisfying. Maybe Menthol? Coffee or Tobacco? Increase my PG? Really appreciate the help for any recipes. Cheers!:+1:

7 Likes

Bingo! Increasing PG content will increase throat and lung hit. Flavor Arts also makes a product called Flash. It’s a additive that does what you are looking for. They market it as a tobacco additive but I don’t see why you can’t add it to any recipe you enjoy. Recommend percentages are.8 to 2.0. Start low and go up till you reach your desired throat hit.

14 Likes

Great! I’ll look into Flash. Any specific VG PG ratio I should begin with? Really appreciate your helpful input!

7 Likes

Depends what you vape on. Lower power pods (11 watts and down) 50/50 mix.

High power (60 watts and up) 65 VG 35 PG. As high as you can go without a tank leak if you go the PG route.
If you go the Flash (FA) route you can go 70 VG 30 PG.

11 Likes

I tried a quick mix just now (Rose Milk One Shot) and it tastes better! I went with 60/40 on a Destiny RTA. Flavor is there without the buzz but with a similar throat hit. Do the flavors influence the hit as well? Say if I were to go with sour flavors compared to a pastry? Or would it be irrelevant?

9 Likes

A healthy diet and exercise helps too :grinning:

10 Likes

Yes! When I started working from home and ate unhealthy and sat at my desk while regularly vaping, I started feeling wonky and realized my body needed exercise. lol. So I’ve been running now, hitting the gym and cleansing my body from all the junk its been subjected to. The final piece was the nicotine in my juice. Turns out my vaping is now an oral fixation more than anything else and a means of relaxation. Plus I had just ordered 2 DNAs…so it’d be a shame not to use if i quit altogether… hahaha.

8 Likes

It Tastes better because PG is a better flavor carrier than VG.
Flavors will influence throat hit. Citris will influence throat hit. With a little steeping they will settle in. Same with sour. The longer they steep the smoother they become.
Glad you can solve your problem without the purchase of an additive. The PG works for you. The percentage amount of flavor in a mix will also influence the hit because flavors are mostly PG based.
Make the mixes you like and adjust the PG content according to the lung and throat hit you need.

11 Likes

Anecdotal, but have dealt with High BP my whole life, even as a young skinny 150lbs kid, they found out it was later a tumour on my kidney crushing it, but the thing I noticed was if I was vaping on Salts my BP would be elevated and freebase seemed to be fine or atleast within normal ranges… I think because there’s an acid that acts as a catalyst and makes the nicotine more readily absorbed into your blood stream via the capilleries in your mouth, where as freebase gets absorbed by the longs from what I gather anyways… Food for though, the best way I was told is to have a blood pressure monitor and monitor it yourself, it gives you the option to go with nicotine if you want to but going without is everyone’s end goal anyways, or at least should be.

8 Likes

I NEED my throat hit and I have found that FA’s flash isn’t very good at all. I wouldn’t waste your money. If you live in the states I’ll send you mine so that you won’t have to spend money on it and I’ll never use it.

Also, the very best thing I have found is vodka but I have no idea how that would work with HB. You don’t need a lot, if that matters.

Good luck
:v:

8 Likes

Just like @Dan_the_Man said, vodka or other alcoholic drink works. Use it at 0.25% first.

I dont know if it would affect your BP though

8 Likes

This is good info! Thank you. Although I’ve noticed my draw has been spitty, but its nothing a bit of a wicking adjustment wont fix. So far the PG is doing the trick!

6 Likes

I had high BP for a couple of years. It turns out my OTC Allergy medicine was causing it. Easy fix.

4 Likes

Might like to read:

ACV-Apple cider vinegar-- put a whammer of a throat hit in my juice. Still not getting a vinegar taste out of it at the higher concentration either. It kind of cuts out that underlying VG sweetness. .01-.05%-- Use Extreme caution.

4 Likes

FWIW I agree with @Dan_the_Man in that FA Flash is a waste of money.
Personally I got sweet FA of it. To me it was simply an unflavored concentrate if that makes sense.

4 Likes

Dude, first I’ve heard of it but it sounds badass. I’m gonna go read your article or whatever you posted up there.

3 Likes

There are a few concentrates made for a hit but my lateral head thinks about hit and lowering BP together. Personally I would suggest a blend with wide spectrum cannabinoids (all apart from THC over 0.01%) and Skywalker OG terpenes. Even at tiny percentages, you’ll get a strong throat hit and any triggers what would affect your BP will be lessened.

I use linalool terpenes (from pine and not cannabis as it’s cheaper that way) to get me to sleep.

3 Likes

Hmm, :thinking: interesting. Do you do this for a throat hit or to lessen BP or both or neither? Sorry, but that has piqued my interest.

3 Likes

Both. I use it when I really need a strong before bed vape.

4 Likes

I asked this question once but didn’t get all these options. Thx everyone :+1:

5 Likes