How about some GOOD news?!

I’m sick and tired of being bombarded by constant negativity these days…so I’m going to try and “be the change you want to see” (as the saying goes).

I’m sure there’s plenty of others feeling the same these days, what with all the mainstream “News” tends to focus on (you know, the old “if it bleeds, it leads” mantra), and then all the bullshit politicians…

Let’s see if we can pull things back in the other direction, and help our fellow man remember to actively look for the bright things that still exist in humanity. (Because you damned sure don’t have to look for negativity. They hit you on the head with it at every turn anymore.)

Share your story, improve a friend’s mindset, put a smile on someone’s face!
Whatever. Just share good things/thoughts in this thread please!!

Funny, sappy, heartwarming, a passing thought… if it’s positive, it’s welcome.

As always, forum rules apply: especially NO POLITICS, NO RELIGION

26 Likes

I’ll lead off with one of my favorite smile-inducing activities in life. Music!

18 Likes

Great idea @Sprkslfly !!!

13 Likes

So I’m floating on a bubble while the world goes down the drain.
Slipping on the soap, running out of rope,
But all and all I can’t complain,
Joe Walsh

That pretty well sums life as an Ogre. Quit FaceBook some time ago and that helped a lot. Learned that nothing exciting is just fine and am enjoying simple pleasures of the day. Having a couple of breakfast muffins, coffee, and a vape this morning while typing. It’s cold out but I’m in. The sky is blue through the window and a pleasant sight. Tomorrow is predicted to get up to 40°F and my just be a great day to take out the cine camera and drone. Maybe throw a steak in the Souse Vide for dinner tonight. Got a blend of Peach and Grape pretty close to where I want it. Just a little pungent at the moment but that should be an easy fix. The old SX Q mini is working as good as it did four years ago. Got a new to me Tilta nuculus nano working with the Ursa Mini 4k last night with no issues. Life is good.

20 Likes

Ooooorah @SmilingOgre.

Powerful lesson.

Very nice !!!

10 Likes

Well, on a personal note, I decided to Mega Dump my notes over at Reddit, and despite hearing, or being warned about “clicks”, “the mods”, etc., and (admittedly) mega dump format that I did, isn’t really done there, everyone, was actually QUITE nice. Talked with a few members, and mods, and I was actually surprised. How’s THAT for good news ? !!

16 Likes

This really isn’t “news”, but we put in a couple of maintenance requests for our apartment. They were addressed and resolved in 2 hours. The maintenance person was prompt, professional and friendly and took care of everything. One if the issues was a defective GFI outlet. He replaced it and it still didn’t work. He double checked everything and was stumped for a bit. Then he got another new GFI plug to replace the first one he installed and it worked perfectly. The first new one he put in was defective. I appreciate his problem solving skills, tried the simplest solution of a possible DOA new part rather than go down the rabbit hole of trying to track down a more complicated electrical issue.

I always appreciate good service done by friendly and professional folks.

16 Likes

21 Likes

Beautiful @Lynda_Marie.

8 Likes

Good service seems to be NOT as common as it used to be, so this is GREAT @Cary1.

9 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKAQPvFG23s

11 Likes

Thanks for this one. Fond music memories.

7 Likes

Hmmm… This is cover of the Carpenters original work. But who is the Artists?

7 Likes
10 Likes

This brings memories of Sunday drives with my Dad. Good times.

Edit: Oops. Didn’t realize it was a cover. Nevertheless, still reminds me of the dad-drives :smiley:

10 Likes

Yeah my Dad loved the Carpenters too.

12 Likes

So did I and I was just a mere slip of a boy. One of the most “beautiful” female voices (if not the best) I’ve had the pleasure to hear. :happycry:

9 Likes

Great stuff everyone, love it! And great idea @Sprkslfly

My good news is that I decided to add some continuing education in my life. And as with good news there’s always a little bad, it’s taking away my mixing time. Ah well, I’m sure it will all balance out in the near future.

10 Likes

Thank you. She was sick over the weekend and had to get the vet out. She’s much better today!

16 Likes

Hell yeah it will!! lol
You’ll be able to buy more flavors thanks to the raise that’s sure to follow!! :thumbsup:

6 Likes