How about some GOOD news?!

Welcome to ELR @Adequate_food.

1 Like

@Adequate_food Yep, some days like that seem very long. Welcome to the forum.
@fidalgo_vapes I’ve never drywalled anything. Folks that do that are amazing. My family has plastered in Los Angeles for about 70 years, so we all learned how to lath and plaster, but I’ve never done drywall. I am always amazed at the skill and talent of different trades folks.

4 Likes

thank you man. its nice to be here. im waiting on my nic order to come in and im kinda chomping at the bit to get mixing. just trying to soak up all the knowledge i can from the forums. without being overwhelmed.

and yeah sometimes people can make something look so effortless while i struggle with it, like roofing. (also it is truly back wrenching hard) but i can crush door and window installs like they’re no problem. id be willing to say that being handed down 70 years of knowledge can be pretty handy though.

5 Likes

thanks man. excited to be here.

3 Likes

Bravo and well said my friend! You nailed it.

4 Likes

I like to wake up putting on some good hip hop beats lately it’s been this white as snow mf “Scott Storch”
Open my windows since finally springtime is coming let my kitties have some good air in they lungz. :smirk:
Until I’m hoping my leg at least doesn’t look like I’m "walkin with a limp…bumpin on the eastside actin like a pimp…when all the ladies see me they be sayin “I’m wit him!” Sorry went off with someee lyrics.

3 Likes

I got a weird job!, I am a blown film extruder operator.
Yes in other terms I like too make garbage bags, (you don’t usually have to pass a urine test or criminal clearance) and not like food grade bags where you can eat off the damn floor, you can get dirty…lol I got good at being an operator and got stuck. But once for me when get good at something that’s it I’m in!

5 Likes

i wouldn’t have guessed garbage bags from that description but that’s pretty rad. plastic drop cloths for dust and overspray is what i thought about. i feel you on the bum leg though. they dont make bodies like they used to.

4 Likes

Good news today!! I think spring might be here to stay!…this week anyway. Saturday was 55° and rainy, Saturday night it got cold cold, like 10°, Sunday was roughly 20° out all day. All this week is looking like 40-50° all week!

8 Likes

Here too. Ten day forecast shows tolerable temps and monthly is looking up as well. Went out and flew the drone today. First flight since winter started. Pretty drab footage but it still tells a story. Spring mud, lol.

7 Likes

Outstanding @SmilingOgre. Waiting for the HI-RES OgreVision.

5 Likes

Schools out for March break here in Ontario. Getting a chance to do a little mopping.

6 Likes

I thought you were a plumber, the name stankhammer came from breaking up turds with an Estwing

5 Likes

Sun is shining :sunny: :heart::rainbow:

8 Likes

The non-profit I work for celebrated a 3 year anniversary of our Peer Pathways to Wellness program (the agency has been around for about 17 years). We are a completely Peer run agency (which means we all, from the Executive Director to all employees, have lived experience with mental health and/or substance use, trauma, co-occurring issues and are in recovery). During the 3 years of this program we have provided Peer Support to more than 7,000 folks. So at the main location where we see folks, we had a party today. Sparkling water, games, a balloon artist (who was fantastic) and catered food to celebrate the folks we are privileged to serve and our staff. Was a blast.

15 Likes

Excellent!! Congratulations

7 Likes

Nice to have a little appreciation for all you do. Good job!

7 Likes