How do you expect life to become after the pandemic?

Do you expect a change in behaviors, lifestyle or other?

It sure makes me want to stay away from folks! To always make sure there is enough food in the house, and to enjoy life more. Quality over anything else…

10 Likes

I’m really not sure what to do yet.
They tell us when it “stops” it will come back later this year… October i think it was. Maybe next year to, maybe it’s just here to stay some says or there will come another virus yes.

One thing is sure, I don’t think I ever will forget this.
Me and my wife don’t have any more food or TP then we normally have, so nothing will chance here.

To be honest, i just think i will live my life very similar like we did before this damn virus… Even my wife have a chronic disease, but with thought about how it was in the Corana crisis, so maybe little more secure.

7 Likes

Life will go on as usual. It’s what humanity has always done. Plus, we tend to have short memories. Here in the UAE men always shake hands, even best friends who saw each yesterday. It’s a custom I’ve always liked but I suspect it’ll be awhile before it comes back in full. Other than that…not much.

6 Likes

I’ve seen a lot of predictions… loss of rights, loss of businesses, the US will bounce back bigger and better than ever and quite a few more.

For me, I’ve gained a fear of door knobs, flat surfaces, crowds and hand shakes. I’ll probably never leave home without hand sanitizer again.

5 Likes

Sitting around a campfire eating squirrel on a stick with the other survivors! :yum:

14 Likes

Things will go back to normal but a lot of people will prepare better for the future, I know I will.

Covid-19 is here to stay just like all the other viruses in the past. It is just dangerous as it is new, our bodies need to learn to fight it and it will get better over time.

The financial impact will be felt for a long time I am afraid.

10 Likes

@anon84779643 great question, HARD to answer, at least now.

I still have friends, clients, and family checking in (as we all should be doing now), and more than a few were/are still very unprepared. Some were racing out to buy weapons and rounds (LOL good luck with that). I think that beyond what @Pro_Vapes said …

… I may not change too much. My wife and I have been storing up medium/large amounts of goods for quite some time, and haven’t had to race out for anything, but I think a lot of people are going to start trying to adopt that kind of mindset.

I can’t predict how the economy/job market will fare, so hopefully that will still be intact, but who knows.
As far as real changes, I think pretty much what PV said.

6 Likes

It really is making me want to burn the gas in my car… just to fill up at the prices the going rate is now… ha! but I do not expect prices to stay the same. I thought it might effect the housing market too, seeing how groceries and jobs are being effected. I just do not see that.

5 Likes

Well, SINCE you mentioned GAS, hehe, now might NOT be a bad time to fill’er up to the top. I have multiple cans/containers and they are all full, as are all of our vehicles, JUST BECAUSE, you never know. Do it now, on the cheap ?? Sure, why not.

7 Likes

I have a few containers… but I think my trunk is full of coolers atm…
don’t ask! :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I have a few friends scattered across the US who manager mid-large grocery stores, and I haven’t heard of any cutbacks, layoffs, etc. They may actually be one of the least fractured in this whole mess.

5 Likes

Hehe, well, it’s not ALL about the gas, hehe.

4 Likes

Funny thing about that, my realtor sent me list of possible foreclosure auctions just in January and I was surprised at how many. Wasn’t 2008 numbers but wasn’t what I was expecting either. Out here in California houses are way out of whack anyway so eventually it needs to change and this will probably be what puts it over the top.

4 Likes

Most of mine own bars or hole in the walls and its real bad for them…
Going to the store and if you have it in your head you want chicken, chances are you might find pork… so messed up… but I know they are working on restocking… Food trucks here are hurting too… so yes, maybe it all will untangle…

5 Likes

Out here the grocery stores are advertising on the radio to find new employees as they are swamped.

6 Likes

Sorry @anon84779643 I can’t, NOT, post this one.

FloppyCow

How are we going to get rid of all the panic/stress weight ?? !!!

5 Likes

I am pulling out my bike tomorrow… and putting air in the tires, and lube up my chain and gears and take it for a spin… or have it spin me… one the other!! :smiley:

4 Likes

OMG, I TOTALLY missed that @anon84779643. YES !!!

Alternate mode of travel. YES !!!

@SmokyBluePreppin

4 Likes

gotta get the bikes ready for the lake, Sd… some pretty trails up there I want to try and ride…
but watch me go butt down on some of them… they get pretty steep here.

4 Likes

Buddy up, or charge the cell phone.

4 Likes