How does one buy from China?

Now that paypal is poof gone I can’t find a way to purchase short of using a cyber currency or whatever.

7 Likes

I don’t have a clue but the idea of a private bank telling us how and where we can spend our hard earned money raises the hair on my back.

19 Likes

You got that right. FUBAR.

16 Likes

https://www.chinabrands.com/dropshipping/article-best-15-paypal-alternatives-16187.html

12 Likes

Appreciate that! However… For example: I went to SteamCrave and whohoo! Special on the Aromamizer lite 1.5!!! Signed in, got everything filled out. Last a drop box that says something like “Choose payment method”. Clicked on the drop down box and it said “Choose payment method”.
Nothing to choose from. WTF?

8 Likes

Well THAT is disturbing …

6 Likes

Bizarre, isn’t it? Think they’ll see a slump in sales? Fastech did pretty much the same thing.

7 Likes

In another thread people said they are purchasing gift certificates and then paying with them. Fastech I think. What a bunch of crap.

7 Likes

I saw that but how the hell does that work? Wait… maybe I get it. Maybe there’s another place to buy a gift cert and since that isn’t a vape item… I’ll have to see if I can figure that out.

8 Likes

I think buying pre-paid visa debit cards will work anywhere that accepts visa. Although I don’t do that myself, I know ppl that don’t have cc and do this all the time. I just use my cc where paypal isn’t accepted

14 Likes

I used the gift certificate at FT. You buy it using PP, then pay for your order. It’s just an extra step. I can’t remember right now if the certificates are in set denominations though. I bought one for $200 and received a $10 bonus. I spent $206 so the remainder is waiting there.

14 Likes

What’s the story. I can’t find mention to something like this online.

8 Likes

There are some threads around here somewhere. PayPal dumped the vaping industry.

7 Likes

Edit Vapeciga Cigabuy.com took my PayPal yesterday. I think they have the Steam Crave Aromamizer light v1. 5 on sale now. No free shipping though.

Here it is, currently under the Weekly deals link:
Cigabuy.com - Steam Crave Aromamizer light V1.5

7 Likes

Ok, I just looked at the FT site. If you go to My Account, Profile, on the left bar is Buy Gift Certificate. On that page is a dropdown box where you can select the following amounts: 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 50, 75, 100 and 200 dollars. You can pay for the card using Paypal. If the fucks at PP were truly concerned about our well being, they’d stop this…maybe they will. But for now, the card is then applied at checkout and all is good.

Sure, it’s not the same as paying the exact amount, but FT is doing what they can at the moment. Blame the USA for being such dickheads, the Chinese are doing the best they can, imo.

7 Likes

I ordered from Fasttech yesterday. I’m in there US. I used a gift certificate I had on file from a store credit refund for an item that was out of stock. My new order was more than the certificate so I had a balance to pay. I used PayPal. It seems that I have been using PayPal at sites others say they have not been able to. Is it because of our locations?

7 Likes

I remember discussing this issue in another thread concerning either China purchases or the Paypal shutdown. I exchanged several emails with a Chinese friend of mine who is a Sourcemore manager. At the time, there was no problem with their Paypal account but I will update on that. She said they were investigating other ways to pay should the hammer come down. Vape vendors do have the option of opening accounts with other pay providers, the ones who cater to novelty vendors who sell tobacco, liquor, misc.paraphernalia, etc. As mentioned, Fasttech offers gift cards.

If the banks are complying with some sort of mandate/law by our feds restricting the purchase of banned products, no credit card will work, not even a prepaid one because they too are issued by major banking institutions and the banks don’t want to risk penalties, etc. Please see the discussion on reddit about this. It covers every angle on this dilemma. Maybe by now, someone has come up with a “get around”. All I can say is phooey, sounds like it’s finally here :frowning:

8 Likes

Yes. All digital currency = fascistic totalitarianism. All part of the “Great Reset” openly touted by Klaus Schwab of the World Economic Forum (Davos group of psychopaths) along with our politicians and MSM Presstitutes they own. No one will own anything (except them) and all will be happy so they say.

6 Likes

Groove! Appreciate that.

5 Likes

I have experienced no problems stateside with major credit cards. It seems odd that it would be some government interaction unless it’s somehow limited to China? What is stopping vendors in China from taking major credit cards directly?

8 Likes