How low is your Nic in mixes and can you tell if it's not there?

That is always a possibility too I reckon. I struggle to talk for too long, like in a debate or presentation capacity, without getting a sore throat so maybe it is just subjective like everything else is. :man_shrugging: :grin:

3 Likes

All ethanol is brewed with sugar and yeast (PGA). Same with vodka. It’s the sugar yeast mixture that is converted when brewed. PGA is high concentration of alcohol, about 90%+ alcohol to 10% water. Vodka is 60% alcohol to 40% water.

5 Likes

My nic is 0 & has been for over a year now.

It definitely affects the flavours in a mix for me. There are some mixes that I used to love but now don’t mix for myself as they are bland and missing depth of flavour.

There is definitely some reaction that is missing, theses two bottles of the same recipe were mixed on the same day about 4 weeks ago.

Bottle on the left has 0 nic & Heat (FLV) added for throat hit, bottle on the right is 3mg.

11 Likes

Agreed, I get the same result with 1mg. The Nic oxidisation obviously makes a change to the flavour during steep time.

7 Likes

That does appear to be a tremendous difference.

4 Likes

Congrats @Sevencasper !!

6 Likes

Thanks SD :hugs:

4 Likes

How does that Heat work for you @Sevencasper ? Do you recommend it?

4 Likes

Oh that’s very interesting. Do you know the cause of that? Do you have nodes on your vocal chords?

4 Likes

I actually have no idea @muth but it is annoying. I have had doctors look at it in the past and none could find anything definitive so it’s obviously not something obvious… :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Maybe you are an evolving human being who is meant to use mental telepathy instead of talking.

5 Likes

It’s worked for me, I’ve updated the topic I made with a bit more info…

4 Likes

Definitely!

I had a bottle of nic & no nic mix of another mix, I had hubby try both.
He said the no nic definitely has less flavour/one dimensional compared to the mix with nic that he’s been vaping for the past day or so.

5 Likes

Yes, it does and thank you for the instructions on how to use it for a TH.

5 Likes

No problem, I hope it works for you if you try it.

4 Likes

Interesting. Maybe you should try another test and slip some Heat in a 0 nic mix but tell him it’s the mix with nic and see what he thinks. Is he on low nic? If not, he may notice more easily of it’s absence.

5 Likes

Because of the bans here I bought some synthetic nic to see if he could tell the difference & he can’t.

I’ve accidentally vaped the synthetic too & couldn’t tell the difference from that & the heat either but there is a residual of heat left from tank to tank - same as cooling.

5 Likes

I’ve had synthetic nic in a commercial juice that used to use freebase. I could not tell the difference. Where did you get your synthetic? It’s pretty darn expensive I noticed.

3 Likes

I got it from the same place I used to get our nic from in New Zealand.
(edit- sorry forgot to mention it’s called Stym)
https://www.mixologyvape.co.nz/

5 Likes