How Many Flavors (Flavours) do you have?

I don’t really have a favorite, I try to come up with a new recipe each time with max 3 flavours and if I like it I save the recipe.i don’t do SFT. I’m new to the DIYing started about a year ago but not many flavors mostly because economic crisis lol they are not as cheap in Europe as in other countries.

5 Likes

I’m in the U.K.now and the flavours are substantially more expensive here than when I lived in the states, even the ones made here weirdly.

7 Likes

Same here in Sweden, 4 euros for 10ml flavour art, I mean WTF

4 Likes

Ah it’s not that bad yet here for the most part. There are some places still doing £1.49 (€1.73), TFA/TPA, for but that’s a place I found that has some but it all of what I needed. The other place I had to go was more expensive at £3.20 (€3.71), these were FA. So pretty close on FA. I wonder if they’re cheaper in Italy, I’ll check when I go back.

I’m really glad I only needed two flavours from them. It’s a bit disappointing to see some very frequently used flavours on this site’s most used list that don’t seem to be anywhere here, or very expensive. I ended up going with bourbon instead of Kentucky bourbon because I couldn’t justify shipping on one more bottle from a third site that didn’t have what the other two had largely. I’m surprised there isn’t a more consistent selection available but I probably don’t understand the scope of how many flavours exist.

Seems like people here say sales happen a fair bit. Hopefully that applies in Europe too!

I guess we also have to consider that eliquid in general is 4x (at least) the price in Europe as the USA. When I lived there (moved back 2 years ago) I was buying 120ml bottles of 12mg high
Mid range juice for $17-18 on sale or $21 normally. It’s 50ml shortfalls here for £11.99 or for salts 3/£10 on 10ml bottles. Insane.

On the upside. We didn’t have a ban out on mailing anything and on the downside for the USA, they’re pretty screwed right now. Though I’m sure a solution will rise very quickly.

6 Likes

Here’s an easy way to try new flavours cheaply in the UK: https://www.rainbowvapes.co.uk/collections/cheap-flavour-concentrate%s

ELR5 is an extra 5% off code for us.

9 Likes

Thanks very much! I think they were who I used for half of my order but I didn’t have the code and I was looking for very specific things for this first order. That will be super helpful. The expensive site was chefs.

5 Likes

Chefs has a larger range, though Rainbow is having a huge clear out of TPA and Flavorah.

6 Likes

I saw a fair few close to end or beyond best by dates on sale at rainbow iirc. I’m sure most are close and I recognise it isn’t hard dates, but I also think for myself, just returning to try this again, I probably want to learn exactly what the flavours should be before I get some that may be even slightly degraded. I realise that is somewhat irrational and as soon as I find a flavour I like I won’t have any issue with it.

Does chefs ever run sales? £3.30 or whatever for 10ml is awfully expensive. Alternately does anyone ever email rainbow or others and request they get in certain flavours?

I know I’m going to need to do at least another 25 flavours to get going, which is why I’m focusing on a recreation and a 2 ingredient shake and vape (strawberry cheesecake) for the next months.

Thanks for your help, again!

4 Likes

Some are a month or so past their BB and most before BB. I chatted to James at Rainbow Vapes about it.

I just reached over and grabbed the 6 Flavorah tobacco concentrates I got last month: The earliest has a best before of next month, that latest is March 2023.

Chefs always has sales on, they still have discounted FlavorMonks.

4 Likes

Again, great info and much appreciated. Thanks for your patience answering all those while I get started again and back home in England.

3 Likes

No problem at all. I just hope you don’t desperately need PG: The prices are mad right now.

3 Likes

That’s a good question. I assumed / read the flavourings I bought were diluted in pg(I guess I need to double check coz I screwed up my order if I’m wrong) and I bought nicotine with a 100% pg base. If the former is true I should be ending up with a 65-70%vg mix which is in line with what I want from a 12mg for mtl and for the limited DL vaping I do I’d shoot for higher vg since the nicotine would be down at 3.

Is it more common to get flavours in pg than vg? Like is it kind of the default and you have to look hard for vg flavours or do I have it totally wrong ?

Edit, or are they water based?

I can’t see a designation but I did buy my nicotine as 72mg 100% pg

I should add unused the calculator when figuring this. As long as I’m under 80% vg I’m happy.

3 Likes

Set that one aside for me please!

5 Likes

Most flavourings are in PG.

But, the price of PG is affecting the cost of buying base liquids more than another other part.

e.g.

For a 30ml recipe test I’d tend to use:

2ml Nicotine (at 72mg/ml in a PG base).
13ml PG [this raw PG is being affected more with the price rise].
12ml VG.
3ml flavours.

Pure PG is still at around £30 for 5l which is rather high.

4 Likes

Ah so you prefer more pg.

For 30 ml (maybe not the tester I’d want pg for that but I’ll just use nicotine for now and 100 drop it ) I’d be doing

~23ml vg (adjust based on flavours)
~5ml nicotine (pg)
~1-3ml flavours

Assuming 2ml of flavours in 30ml I’d be at ~75% - looking at the recipes it seems unusual to find a multi flavour recipe less than 10%. I probably would prefer 65 so I’ll have to get it next time, I t’s a good point.

I paid £18.59 for 250ml of 72mg pg based nicotine and £5 for a litre of vg. I should have thrown some pg in at the same time.

I also went small for now but as my confidence grows / I make juice I don’t hate coz I’m really picky, I won’t be buying such small quantities

As a predominantly mtl vaper the max juice I go through a day is about 4-5ml, unless I can’t sleep then it’s like 8. Which I feel is an awful lot at 12mg and I probably need to cut down the vaping or the nicotine, this not in office stuff has me vaping non stop.

4 Likes

Sounds like you went to Nic Hub. Did you use ELRECIPES to get 12% off?

I tend to vary between high PG to 50/50. I find high VG makes my skin oily and I tend to prefer the intensity of flavour and drier character high PG offers. I also blend with CBD and CBG a bit so high PG is needed to take a high load.

4 Likes

I did go to nic hub, it was what I found googling and I did not know about the discount but will in the future ! Not sure who else is good. I’ve been back a couple years but not doing any eliquid purchasing except for vape club. I imported a lot of my adv

You know I’ve vaped high vg so long - maybe it’s worth trying higher pg. I never connected the two but I definitely have some weird skin issues since vaping, made worse by the lack of sun here vs Arizona (the uv tends to be good in low doses)

Maybe the combination skin is a result of the vg quantity. I also never considered the flavour impact.

Lots of stuff to experiment with. Everything I like seems to be vg heavy and made for lung hits - so the 72mg allows me to shorrfill to 12 now at least.

I’ll try more pg. thank you.

4 Likes

I tend to got to Nic Hub for many freebase and salts, DarkStar for PG, VG and some of my concentrates, Rainbow for offers and cheap kit, Decadent Vapours for some other concentrates and Chef’s for the rest.

8 Likes

Remember that in chefs you can buy flavor creative, which is repackaged FA and much cheaper …

9 Likes

I too use Nic Hub for my 72mg nicotine and they are kind enough to mix it 50/50 PG/VG by my request as that is how I like it. I have always received very clean and fresh nicotine and the delivery and customer services are very good. I remember trying out another company called Smash E Liquids or something like that and the nic was brown and very harsh so much so that I had to dispose of it (responsibly of course) thankfully I only ordered a small 30ml sample bottle so it wasn’t worth the aggravation of sending it back. I used to buy my VG and PG from either Vapable, Rainbow Vapes or NomNomz but I ordered my last litre bottle of VG from Lubrisolve on eBay because I didn’t want to make a large order from my usual places to get the free shipping. The VG was of excellent quality and the free delivery was first class including the packaging so unless I’m making a large order I’m going to stick with Lubrisolve from now on.

6 Likes