How many flavors in your flavor stash?

Ill tell you every time i go down and do a clean out of some of the ones i had that are past it or where just not for me i got my stash down. But it seems it never goes farther down just extremely up lol. I have literally gave away a bunch in the past 6 months that werent for me or had it that i binned. From 72 after the last big clean out back to 122. It wouldnt be so bad but some of you guys throw together some good ass recipes. :man_facepalming:t2: Only thing this addiction is way better then smokes.

9 Likes

What irks me is when I’ve tossed an ingredient purchased for a one-time-recipe, then a week later, I’ll run across a recipe that I get interested in and it requires a flavor that was tossed!

7 Likes

Wish y’all would drop this topic…I finally had to look at my stash. Sigh, 401 and I still haven’t ordered that damn ssa lemon pound cake.

7 Likes

7 Likes

What a great flavour! Tried it with quite a few different things. Marmalade, Raspberry and Blueberry were my favourite parings.
A couple didn’t pan out with it. Apricot wasn’t good, while apple was ok but definitely not with FLV Apple Filling.

8 Likes

I’m wondering if used low paired up with shortbread & sugar cookie for a fruit cheesecake crust.

6 Likes

I’ve tried it with CAP Sugar Cookie at 2%, nice but it dominated the LPC, haven’t tried shortbread but I have been thinking about putting it with SSA Shortbread Cookie.

8 Likes

Cap sugar cookie used low, 0.5, adds an almost crisp brown edge to a cake or cookie. Learned that from @angenz. Actually that is the only way I use that flavor.

8 Likes

That’s good to know. I never really bonded with that one, but then again I never considered using it at a lower percentage.

6 Likes

Sadly it seems that this is unpossible as there is a character limit and ive hit it several times recently. With all the one shots that came out hitting the character limit is happening more and more often. Ive asked to see if the character limit could be increased but ive not heard back about it.

8 Likes

I just did this a week ago. I had menthol cap and had about 2ml left thinking i dont need it anymore and tossed it then friend asks me to add menthol to the strawburst i created. Oops lol i dont have it

4 Likes

Whats up with this lemon pound cake ssa. Seriously £8.39 for 30ml. Is it really that good. Im considering adding this to the order lol :man_facepalming:t2:

4 Likes

I blame @lukeloop.

10 Likes

Me too &*#%$

10 Likes

Im gonna make pretend i didnt see that recipe for right now :joy::joy::joy:

7 Likes

That looks good. Have you tried the Duomei?

5 Likes

Which flavor @natbone the …

Pineapple

Golden Pineapple (Duomei) 0.4%/0.8% (1-8-23) – Currently my goto, top shelf Pineapple is hands down VTA Sugarloaf, and I’ve wondered if any other could knock it from it’s perch. This Golden Pineapple had a lot of the similar nuances, with a juicy, bright yellow mid level sweet pineapple. It was not candied, baked, or raw, but almost like canned, sweet pineapple chunks. To better clarify, it didn’t have a syrupy finish, but was just sweet enough. It def. lived more in the brighter, punchy, high end region of the pineapple, which led to a more juicy, bright, and fresh pineapple. I think with the surplus of the “yellow” I got from this, I think “golden” is pretty accurate. My only issue (I know, I know), was that despite being a great juicy yellow pineapple, it seemed to lack a little punch. When testing it @ 0.4%, it was great, but felt like it just needed MORE of it, so I doubled it to 0.8%. It increased slightly, but still left me wanting more. When tasting directly out of the bottle it was fairly strong, but for some reason, it didn’t translate directly when vaping. Interesting, and confusing at the same time. Hard to score this one perfectly as the flavor itself was GREAT, I just wanted to get a little more of it (saturation). I briefly tested above 0.8%, but it didn’t change, and with some possible muting, so it was, what it was. Flavor/accuracy wise, I’d rate it at a stellar 9.8/10, but with the minor takeoffs for JUST the lack of punch and saturation, I’ll leave it @ 8.8/10. Let YOUR tastes decide whether or not the punch/saturation is good enough or not. Nothing off-putting at any of the testing weights, so you can go crazy with it (within limits) and experiment. I know @lukeloop was really looking forward to, and already mixing with this one, so I’m curious to hear what he thought about it.

??

4 Likes

^^^^^
Looks like I need to revisit the ELR training Bot again… :rofl:

6 Likes

The blueberry listed in the recipe above.

4 Likes

Yes @natbone

While not quite as good as Medicine Flower’s Blueberry, the Duomei Blueberry was pretty good.

Blueberry (Duomei) 0.5%/1.0% (1-5-23) – Wow, this one was good, and different that most, if not all of my current BB rotation. I tested it at both 0.5%, and increased to 1.0% and both worked perfectly, with about a 25% increase in flavor when doubling, so 1.0% may be near the top of the usable range on this one. Very natural tasting, and even after three testers, I couldn’t think of a close match, so that’s great, breaking new ground. The word of the day with this one was “smooth”. It wasn’t recessed, but not overtly forward during the testing. No candy here, but more of an almost baked blueberry. It wasn’t a bright, super juicy BB, but seemed to excel in more of the mid, to mid-lower notes of a great blueberry. Duomei saw fit to add just enough of the tart-ish high end notes, to keep it interesting. No musky-ness, and nothing out of place with this one, at either testing weight. It was very usable at both weights, and just below mid-level sweet. Despite looking, I was unable to find any faults with this, with only minor takeoffs for the relaxed nature. If I had to change it, I would have made it a SMIDGE more forward. As it stood, a damned fine, natural blueberry the was incredibly smooth, excelling in the low and mid notes, with just enough tarty high end notes. Easily a 9.2/10.

8 Likes