How much are you being UPCHARGED for Adult Signature Required?

I recently posted a poll, asking if people were actually HAVING to sign for deliveries. I thought despite whether or not you were being forced to sign or not, it would be VERY INTERESTING to see what people are CHARGING for this lovely service.

Don’t be shy, and there’s NO WRONG answers here, hehe.

Please state the supplier (seller’s) name, and what you were being charged, specifically for the Adult Signature Required portion of the shipping (should be clearly shown). And screenshots are ALWAYS welcome.

Confirmed ASR Pricing:

• Direct Vapor $5.99
  • Element Vape $6.00
6 Likes

Direct vapor charged $5.99.

This order is for two 5 packs of coils that are $13.95 each… it’s ridiculous that it used to be a total of $35.00 for the whole order.

5 Likes

This opens an interesting question - would you have to pay Adult Signature for orders from China too?

6 Likes

Element Vape charged $6.00 ASR.

4 Likes

@Mikser I like how your mind works mate. I think I’ve ordered from China, and there was NO ASR upcharge, but have to dig through my orders.

5 Likes

Pro hustler’s experience :sunglasses:

Asking because often ways could be found. Nicotine was not allowed to be ordered abroad for years after TPD, but all the Europe was still buying it from the UK. There was that stupid rule 20mg/10ml max only, but i was able to buy 100mg in March with no issues. Or things that should be double taxed or even illegal had been imported from China with no issues.

But also i am curious because the same shit is coming to our neighborhoods soon too it seems and it might be wise to be prepared. For coils specifically, i was ordering mine from China – 5 coils for 2.50€ with shipping included (i’d pay more for the shipping alone here, not to mention the price of the product x4). And now if you add another BS nonsense like ASR on top of this newly introduced import taxes + some extra bureaucratic fees… It quicly becomes a no go.

4 Likes

Element Vape-$6
Element has been charging this for months now. My normal mailman signs my name. One time we had a fill in and he made me sign, EVEN THOUGH, he said it was supposed to be no contact due to Rona. Last week I had my last order in from Element and I got a notice I had to come sign. I’m not sure if that’s because our state of emergency is over and my mail man doesn’t want to get in trouble or we had another sub. I actually appreciate Element doing their part to help keep vape mail the way it is. I also can not order in the US anymore due to Massachusetts having a 75% vape tax. Everything I buy is just a bit over double. I made one last order for a small rda to SFT in.

4 Likes

I’ve never been charged. The way they process their orders and packages presents an indistinguishable product, for one.

5 Likes

Just made an order from Geekvape for some coils, thier shipping has always been on the higher side but there were no added fees.

5 Likes

25% tax? There is more of a problem here than a signature fee.

5 Likes

Obviously I did not continue with check out. This is ivapesupply. They should be ashamed of themselves. When I emailed to complain, he said he would drop the price to $20 shipping. Ya, no thanks. This is for empty bottles for crying out loud.

5 Likes

Oklahoma state charges 10% Oklahoma City charge 9.275%…

5 Likes

So what you are saying is every government agency has their finger in the pie. It also seems the county wants about 10%. I hope you are getting super service from your government.

4 Likes

Not really, unfortunately… everything I buy online that’s not from a local store…? Charged with state AND city taxes…:unamused::roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Thank you @Deb50, how many bottles are we talking about ?? It’s hard for me to tell (so I can update the list in the first post), because they have BLURRED the Shipping AND ASR under one total of $40.00. Not sure exactly what “premium” is being applied JUST for the ASR.

2 Likes

It was for 100 bottles at 20 cents each

3 Likes

Minnesota wants %110 taxes or something similar. This is just one screenshot:

It was the same way at my go-to place to order my favorite liquid. I’m guessing my states taxes are insane or places don’t really know what to charge. I’ve never really researched it. Liquids are the only thing that should be getting taxed. Glass and cotton and shit like that shouldn’t be. Any kind of hardware should be off limits too but they’re some greedy bastards. Hell, KP can’t even sell wire they’re so scared of getting in trouble.

5 Likes

That is insanity!!

5 Likes

Six bucks for element vape is cheap… but then Massachusetts charges an excise tax… for example I ordered all sorts of Uwell stock. Caliburn g …Extra crown 5 glasses …crown 3 glass …the crown 5 tank coils etc it came out to about 200 bucks …the subtotal was 275 with the signature fee of 7.95 and Massachusetts vapor excise tax of like $70 totally crazy?! but still cheaper than smoking and way better in every way!

5 Likes

Ordered about 80 bucks worthe of stuff from 8vape and no one was here to sign so it went back.
They tried twice.
I work, I dont sit around waiting for packages.

6 Likes