How to change flavors in your sub-ohm tank the new way

Awesome, I’m gonna order some too. :crossed_fingers:

Cool, thanks for the link I’ll watch it later while I’m at work.

I am looking forward to some experiments.

@Skyhawk26 have you heard of the Coil-Master Rebuild Kits? https://www.coil-master.net/product/coil-master-rebuild-kit-rpm

2 Likes

@INOIROC, I totally agree with you on this. I have not had the courage to disassemble my TFV8 Big Baby Beast Coils- the ones with 3 and 4 little fellas inside the one coil assembly. One day perhaps when they get really burnt out.
I use Muji cotton sheets 90 x 70 mm for all my wicking purposes. It is also easier to wrap them when rebuilding the factory coils. I cut enough width and peel them to thinner layers then roll it layer by layer.
Link to the cotton. https://www.fasttech.com/p/5020801

Have a lovely day, mate.

3 Likes

Nope, I have not seen this kit before. Just saw your link. Interesting kit. What are the hanger hook and the rivet for?
Regards and stay safe.

3 Likes

Hahaha, well I just took a good whiff on mine and it smells okay. I opened a new pack and smelt that too. In case you shoot me down. Well, it’s okay. No bleach .

3 Likes

@INOIROC, I bought the 10 pack (Muji) and the 25 pack of the same cotton (Focusecig). They also have the 135 pack (Muji) .
I believe that the FastTech stuff are okay and dirt cheap too. I have seen some of the same stuff selling for almost double the price in AliExpress.

3 Likes

This set of Mesh wire are the 1st ones I bought. But found then a bit too narrow / small to fit the length of my coils and does not have enough width. I am just about to order the wider 9 x 21 x 0.5 mm mesh. Although I measured the old mesh before , I was not sure on the sizes from FastTech as it was my first time. But now that I have tried the 8 x 17 x 0.5, I know for sure (I believe) that the 9x21 will be a better fit with more surface area .
Warm regards.

3 Likes

I agree, this part should not be skipped.

Ya, they don’t have any for the big boys. Only for pods but I think it can still work. I’m gonna get another one. The biggest they sell but I am gonna order the ones that you linked.

I just realized I said that part already but I’m not deleting it. I just woke up and ain’t in the mood.

4 Likes

I don’t know how to reply to only one section of a comment. About not having any for the big boys, not sure if you clicked the link for the bigger flat cotton sheets.

These are the ones I’m most interested in-

They’re cheaper and and bigger. Looks like you can cut them any width you want.
3 Likes

The ones that had the bleach flavor/smell weren’t regular cotton pads. I’ve been looking for super flat cotton, similar to what companies use in factory coils. Cotton facial tissue had been the most similar but three different brands of it all were bleached. I stopping buying more because I don’t want bleach flavor, and I have no interest in boiling cotton.

3 Likes

Highlight the text and a little grey box comes up with "Quote. That will allow you to reply to just one section…

7 Likes

Ahhhhh. I see now. Thank you!

5 Likes

My flat cotton shipped out a couple days ago. I ordered some Vandy Vape Mato drip tips that held up the order for over a week. Now the waiting game…

I also ordered some of the new Steam Crave decks for the Supreme RTA series.

6 Likes

Awesome, can’t wait to see what you think. I found something the other day that looked a lot like what we are looking for but I followed the wrong link and lost it. It was an actual rebuild kit for the big coils and the cotton looked perfect. It wasn’t one of those coil master kits either. Hopefully, I can find it again.

4 Likes

14 days exactly from Fasttech…

I got 4 packs of it so I have 40 little cotton sheets to play with. I also got some of those mesh coils with legs soldered on to try. I just re did a couple of factory coils yesterday. The TFV9 coil was easy and went great. I screwed up the Nunchaku one using loose cotton. I’m going to try again using some of this stuff…

5 Likes

Just as I suspected, this flat cotton makes rebuilding factory coils a lot easier for me. Well I should say Nunchaku coils specifically. I can re wick Baby Beast coils pretty easy with loose cotton…

The mesh coils I got with legs soldered on them are a bit big which results in a wider bore (or more open draw/airflow). I used one anyways in a Nunchaku coil casing and it was a breeze! I took some photos of the process.

This part always sucked to do with cotton pads. With this stuff though, the outer casing slid right over it.

Almost done.

Finishing touches.

I’ll plug it in tommorow and let you guys know how it vapes and if I have any problems. I don’t think I’ll have any trouble though really. I need to go back to fasttech and get some different size meshes w/legs and probably more cotton.

5 Likes

Awesome dude! Yq, for sure let us know. I’ll be bugging you if you don’t’. Could you leave some links for the mesh you get and one for the cotton? I know I have it in a cart at @FastTech.com but want to be sure it is the same stuff.

Can’t wait to see what it vapes like.

2 Likes

Yeah sure. The cotton is this stuff-

The mesh coils I got are these-

The size looks to be for Baby Beast type mesh coils. They have other sizes. I never thought to check dimensions.

I’ll plug it in today sometime and give it a go.

3 Likes

Live in Chicago area and walk for about 2 hours a day. Normally mix 70/30 and the VG gets thick as molasses and barely moves in the tank. I just thin my mixes down with PG and that seems to have cured the dry hits off commercial coils. It also let’s my squonker’s flow.

4 Likes

I’ve been vaping on my rebuilt coil all day. I should’ve used a Baby Beast styled coil housing. It’s just that I’m not used to my Nunchaku with such an open draw.

The coil acts like as if it’s new. No leaking or problems and the flavor is pretty good now. I started at 30W and would take about 5 drags, then bump it up 5W. I got up to 55W and went back down to 50. It was getting a bit warm at 55. While working my way up I could taste the cotton. It’s broken in now though and the flavor is coming through nicely. I’m jot going to lie, stock Nunchaku (.2Ω) Mesh coils are a bit better than this. They really are hard to beat. They’ve been my favorite mid range type coil for over a year now. This coil I’ve constructed is still pretty nice. I dunno, it’s still fairly new. It’s no slouch though.

I’m going to continue to experiment and use different housings. I’m also going to try just re wicking my Nunchaku Mesh coils with this stuff. I’ve already done one today, and also re did a TFV9 coil with both the new mesh and cotton. I’ll try em out soon. I want to get the other meshes with legs now too. Hopefully they make some more styles.

2 Likes

I got another order from Fasttech today. I got 6 more packs of flat cotton and 4 different styles of mesh.

Here’s what the mesh looks like-

So I have 20 of each of those and 100 flat cotton pieces total now (99 actually cuz I used one). There’s two styles perfect for Baby Beast coils then one bigger (Prince maybe?) and one smaller. I plan to use the smaller ones in my Nunchaku coil casings.

The cotton works great but needs to break in. Im not sure but I might taste a hint of bleach… I taste it with a lot of new coils though. I might bite the bullet and boil some pieces to see if I can get that to go away. I like to run little experiments but never wanted to have to boil cotton lol.

6 Likes