How to keep track of your flavors?

I am new to this site and hoping to meet some cool ppl
This may not be a problem if you have just a handful of flavors, but the more you acquire it is hard to remember what you have and what you don’t have…at least it is for me.

A started mixing a few years ago, but kinda got out of it because I went back to smoking analog cigarettes…anyway back then I only had a handful of flavors. But now that I am back off of analog cigarettes for good, I knew I wanted to start mixing my own e-juice again.

But this time I wanted to take it serious and knew that it would require a small investment. So I started to order up some flavors last month and before you knew it I had more flavors then I could remember. I figure the best way (at least for me) was to create a spread sheet…with the flavor, size, cost, where I bought it and the date.
So here is what I came up with …to see full list click on pic then click on it again

Then I thought I would need a quick cheat sheet listing all the flavors by categories. This will also help me when trying to create something new. This is still a work in progress atm …can only post 1 pic as a newbie to this site…so see pic in comments.

How do you all keep track of your flavors?

4 Likes

Here is my spread sheet for “Flavor Category” list

4 Likes

I like this, its a great Idea, any chance I could have a copy of this to use and amend for my flavours please

2 Likes

Absolutely…do with it as you wish

2 Likes

I generally use ELR to help devise and research recipes but, once I’ve settled on a mix, I copy it into Rod Hull’s Juice Calculator which handles notes, categories, location, stock control and much more.

3 Likes

There is a flavor stash on this site for concentrate inventory and it also will keep track what you use each time you mix letting you see what you have left. As long as you meter your mls properly that is.

8 Likes

Made my head spin…[the above]
Simply use the great tools on ELR and you shall have salvation.

4 Likes

Yeah, it may not be for everyone. I must just be use to looking at spreadsheets…so for me it has all the info I need at a glance.

1 Like

Thanks, I will check it out.

1 Like

I use this - http://www.diyjuicecalculator.com/ - and the ELR flavor stash in combination but I don’t have that many flavors. I haven’t counted lately but I probably have 50 - 70 flavors.

1 Like

Thanks…
I use the same e-juice calculator too…going to check out the ELR flavor stash here, but not sure if it will separate flavors into different categories and alphabetically. If I can do that then it may be something I can use. Oh…and let me add descriptions and notes on each flavor

2 Likes

I find the calculator to be more useful though I haven’t used 1/10 of what it can do in terms of organizing flavors by category. The stash here I use mostly for finding things I can make/tweak based on my actual/similar flavors in my calculator inventory.

2 Likes

I see…yeah, that is a good resource. I will use it to…but I also want to try to develop some juices that are from my own imagination.
So for me it’s nice having them categorized. That way, say I want to add a fruit flavor to a particular mix then it will be easy for me to just see what fruit flavors I have. And with 63 fruits flavor alone it would be hard for me to remember each one…lol

1 Like

the elr flavor stash allows you to do all of that and the price kts the best tool for flavors on the web IMO

1 Like

I can’t see any way to categorise flavours on ELR (so you could, for instance, list just the fruits in your collection) but you can certainly add your own descriptions and notes for each concentrate.

Spreadsheets are great until you’ve lots of flavours and countless recipes and find you need a stock control element - that’s why I use Rod’s app.

1 Like

The only way I can see to monitor concentrate quantities remaining would be to manually adjust the Bottle Size variable for each ingredient in a recipe every time you made the juice - and that would cause the recipe costings to be incorrect.

I know Lars has had elementary stock control on his to-do list for some time but I’d imagine it’s rather complicated.

3 Likes

it lets you keep track ???

3 Likes

This works for me. Along with adding them to my flavor stash on here. I keep them organized by flavor company and in aplhabetacle order to the best of my ability.

3 Likes

I like how you wrote the names on top…back when I use to keep them in a tub, I would have to pic each one up just to see what it was. kept them in alphabetic order so it wasn’t to bad.
This is what I use currently…for me it is much easier now

4 Likes

Thanks BathVaper…I do use Juice Calculator to track all my recipes, notes, and actual quantity of a given flavor…so with that and my spreadsheets I pretty much have everything covered…unless I’m missing something?