How to match 70/30 viscosity with DW without PG?

I’m just trying to figure out how much DW I should be adding to create an equal or similar viscosity as normal 70VG 30PG juice? I’m waiting on an order of PG and I really need some juice, I have DW and a some VG, but sadly I misunderstood originally and just replaced PG in recipes with DW. Big mistake, made it harsh, but worse the snapping and popping omf, I wouldn’t consider it vapable, subohm anyway. Serves me right for not doing my research to get refreshed, but sadly I’m finding very little to nothing in regard to this. On average, I see ppl saying they use 5%, but none actually say what consistency that gives.
=-=-=-=-=-
recipe: 8.5% TPA Strawberry, 5.5% TPA VBIC, 67.5% VG , 13.5% DW, 5% nicotine (50VG 60MG) = NOT 70VG! :nauseated_face:
comment: Mixed Feb 8, 2023 with DW instead of PG, always remember the hard times…
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

• DO NOT SWITCH DW AND PG, THEY ARE NOT INTERCHANGEABLE 1:1 *
3 Likes

I don’t really have any advice for you. I’ve known people using DW because of PG allergies.
The overall complaint is that even at very small amounts it makes coils pop and crackle.
That is probably the reason you find very little information about it.
Most people that I know just don’t use it, or stopped using it because of the pop and crackle issues.

6 Likes

I like a little bit of snap, crackle, pop. I call it the Clapton crackle and it lets me know that my coil is not gunked up yet. I’ve experimented with small percentages of saline solution and didn’t really notice additional crackle or flavor changes. There is a commercial juice company which claims to have up to 15% water in their product, but I haven’t tried it myself. They claim that the water vapor (steam) makes it smoother. I believe that Innokin is marketing disposables with this juice in them.

6 Likes

:tada: Then you are the perfect person to help out @GINGERBEARDMAN with his problem :grin:

5 Likes

Keep the dw 10% or lower. Since your pg from flavors is higher than mine I’d start with dw 4% in just your nic and vg and shake. If it looks too thick add another 2% dw then add flavors. Give a solid shake and take a look at viscosity an hour or so later.

10 Likes

What she said. I don’t think any of us has enough experience to give definitive answers, but this will steer you in the right direction. You need to experiment a little and I, for one, would be very interested in hearing about your results.

6 Likes

I’ve done a sort of test with this involving a plate (you can all laugh now) but the point was to see how far and fast liquid at different % would flow
I tested 100%vg 50/50 100%pg and vg/dw @1/2 ml in a 10 ml mix (if that makes sense)so yep .5 .it flows the same as 50/50 it vaped fine but I did only test in an mtl rda

6 Likes

And the popping you just ignore? Lol I dread experimenting nowadays, hence why still vape mustard milk, but I forgot to mention the conclusion of my previously mentioned experiment was I was horrified (as usual) by the fluidity using DW as PG (as in my dumb @ss just followed the PG weight/% from the recipe). But after warming and all that I ended up dumping that 28-29mls into a 120ml bottle and topped off with normal 70/30 juice, end result was 120ml bottle of the exact same as the 30ml tester! sad face

5 Likes

I don’t get any popping and my only pg comes from flavors. My go to base mix is vg, dw 8%, and 9mg salts vg base. Pretty much only use single coil rtas.

9 Likes

Sorry but this post made me giggle, muchly. Back in the early days we messed around with DW as an alt to PG but i couldnt stand the popping, even with just a couple drops/30ml it popped. I believe the last time i messed around with DW was on a Subtank Mini.

What are you vaping on? If you are using an RDA then just mix max vg, some talks will handle maxvg as well.

7 Likes

Couple of dead rabbit v3’s and a freemax mpro 2 with RBA, ugh gonna try a 5% vg dilution and make a max vg as backup lol

3 Likes

Are you diluting the VG or adding with flavours? I got, so man tabs open now I can’t remember where and what I read lol, sounds silly, but I think this might be the key, but I noticed i’ve lost my house heat so gotta fix that first ARGH

3 Likes

Yeah bud, you can easily vape MaxVG out of the rabbits, i used to do so in all my RDA’s and i still do from time to time i just drip straight VG. If you need to vape it right away then heat up yer vg a bit before you mix so it is easier to homogenize. These days i microwave my mixes, a 30ml for 6 seconds, 60ml for 8 seconds and then shake the shit out of them then let them sit over night. Back in the day one of our members used to talk about nuking his juices and we would rip on him in chat for it, i wish he was still around so i could tell him he was right.

7 Likes

What do you nuke it in? As in the container lol

2 Likes

Glass bottles now but i did nuke juice in gorilla bottles too, got to be real careful just a second too much can weaken the plastic so i switched to glass. It only worked on snap on lids, 30ml+, the push in lids on 17.5ml bottles weakens the neck and the tops will pop back off.

EDIT: Forgot to mention with cap off, with plastic bottles top on cap off.

5 Likes

I have a few 100ml amber bottles from kids medicine you think i could use that? I use those to store my nic in freezer.

3 Likes

I tried it out to see what it does. I tested the mix before and after. Before the milk aspect in this was on you from S@V. After the nuking in the glass bottle i was surprised. The berry and milk was right online. I didnt add nic at all before the experiment. And i did shake the hell out of it and put in the fridge for 20 min after. I added nic and filled my squonk up. I can see this actually working. But it did balance the mix out.

5 Likes

As long as they are PET or HDPE they should work, not sure i would try using LDPE as it is quite soft already.

It pretty much allows you to homogenize a mixture in just a few seconds so part of the curing process is completed as homogenization is a big part of the curing process same as any heating process, this just allows it to be done very very quickly. I nuke it with nic and all then after shaking the crap out of it i put it next to the window cuz its cooooooold out.

5 Likes

It really smoothened the cream out since i did it. the milk base usually takes a week leaving it to smoothen. Gonna leave it for a few days now

4 Likes

After six days of mixing 5% DW it’s not separated at all and still well mixed ,slightly cloudy and still vapes ok I’ll have to do a proper mix with my net tabbaco and post later see how it goes

5 Likes