Hurricane Harvey - Houston and Surrounding Areas

Yay! Found out my nephew’s home, (although inaccessible as of today), has been spared. His neighbors, directly across the street however, have lost everything. :frowning:

Keep flood victims in your prayers please folks! They have a Looooooooong haul to recovery down there.

8 Likes

Stumbled across some of these.

5 Likes

OUTSTANDING !!! Very sorry about his neighbor’s house (and many others homes)…

8 Likes

so surreal

5 Likes

Hang in there Texas/Louisiana there’s over 200 of us locked and loaded waiting at air force base in
San Antonio, soon as they wave the green flag we’ll be bringing you all we got.

I dropped my low boy in Alabama and brought a trailer load of FEMA “personal hygiene kits” to San Antonio just waiting for that flag!!

I tried to Tell’em I got the gears to pull 6 of them trailers, but they wouldn’t let me, maybe next trip.

13 Likes

@Highcountry I don’t say this often, but in this case I think it’s justified. BADASS !!!

9 Likes

@ringling I hope you and yours are doing ok.
I live a little bit north, Stephenville, I know Conroe area well, I’m through there a lot hauling oil rig’s in and out.
Dam good people there. You need anything I’m just a click away for sure.
I really enjoy the humor you bring to the site so I know you’d see the humor in the pic below.
To me, it just epitomizes the resilience of “Texans”…

He’s carrying his own bag of food and sayin’ “I got this, I’m ok”.

8 Likes

Seeing that makes my eyes well up. You and your brother-drivers are awesome.

8 Likes

:heart_eyes::+1::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

7 Likes

Makes me wish I was still driving.

@Alisa Are you and your husband anywhere down there?

I’m sorry y’all but I can barely look at this thread. It hurts too much, My Home is under water. Seeing those pics of I45 down town and the ones where the water is almost up to the peirce elavator… I don’t like it. It’s like…damn. I want to cuss and rant and rave because I am not there sharing in Texan attitude of, " pull our boot straps up " and get on with it. My family is down there and my friends and I am stuck up here in yankee land. Oh hell what ever.

7 Likes

Hey Dan - No, we are more North-Central, nearer Fort Worth, but we have family down there too and feel the same as you. Heart-breaking, but at the same time, inspirational tool. <3

5 Likes

“Give it about 5 Minutes” he said

5 Likes
4 Likes

Not to worry @Highcountry Me and mine are high and dry. Thank you for caring. Usually our kitchen and living room flood during events like this but this year I installed some drainage that appears to be working. Not positive it had the hard, hard rains of Ike but it did have a pretty good test. Anyway, we’re fine here. Will be trying to venture out today and going to my store towards Cleveland. I’m told it stayed dry but I want to make sure. Hope that lake over the road is gone, we shall see…

11 Likes

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!alar1098

6 Likes

6 Likes

Good too hear!!! Thanks for letting us know.

6 Likes

Thanks, it does the same to me and I consider myself a pretty tough guy.

5 Likes

I just hope the post and pics get relayed to those in the heart of this mess, just as a glimmer of hope for them.
I’m at 1 of 3 staging areas that I know of, I’m sure there’s several others.
There’s everything from Bulldozers to wet wipes, drinking water to floating bridges ready to sweep through at a moments notice. God speed everyone.

9 Likes

4 Likes