I am so ill right now

I’m more interested in numbers from things like the yellow card scheme where ppl report their side effects.
And that paints quite a clear picture that the risks of the jab outweighs the risk of getting a serious covid case.
And then again: Where does this thing come from all of a sudden that we have to do what we can to destroy the virus? The numbers of all covid deaths combined are a joke compared to the number of people who die every day from avoidable causes. Nobody ever gave a flying f*ck about the alcoholics, junkies, suicides, malnutrition and a hundred other things.
But now we’re all supposed to ask no questions and just get a jab for which no testing took place, the previous trials with similar vaccines had serious negative results, nobody can even imagine the possible long term effects.
So please excuse my grumpy questions, for example why the social distancing and face nappies worked for the annual flu apparently but not for corona.
I’ve not known a single person with a bad case of corona. If I didn’t do a test which came back positive I would have thought it was a flu when i was down for 2 weeks in January.
In Germany they’ve reduced ICU beds and closed hospitals since the outbreak. Most stressed ICU personell are stressed anyway because in most countries they reduced the staff to a bare minimum. I know nurses who have to come to work in their holidays because they know if they don’t come nobody will be there.Hundreds of hours of overtime.

So if you ask me, throw 10% of the money we lost now to the lockdown in the health sector and we can just cope fine with most of the serious cases. I know it doesn’t sound nice but the numbers don’t lie. If it’s about saving people from avoidable deaths the corona strategy we all have to live with is doing more harm than even sitting on our hands.

/rant

5 Likes

@Bad_Influence I have a co-worker who is ALL over that.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about the bad reaction. Hopefully you are back to normal again. I had a moderate reaction ( I guess ) about three days each of flu-esk symptoms.

7 Likes

How you doing @SmilingOgre ?

2 Likes

Hanging in there buddy. Today was pretty much dedicated to trying to calibrate the sub. I was just about to message you to see if you have had any experience with doing such a thing. I got the free trial of Sonarworks ID and will buy it soon. It did am amazing job with headphones. Tuning the room is another bag of worms. To start off, I don’t trust my measurement mic. Always had trouble with it under 200hz trying to balance the performance system. Very minor adjustments on the sub make a HUGE difference, like less than a 1/8th turn on high pass or volume will change my response in the 100hz are by 12db. I’ve got a Sonarworks calibrated mic on order, due Tuesday. I can tell this is going to work out. Just have to work through it.

3 Likes

Update: I had a mini epiphany! I put a db meter at my listening spot and set it to C weighting. Turned my sub all the way down and got a reading with pink noise to get a base line without the sub. Turned up the sub until the meter started showing increased volume then turned the sub back down slowly until the meter was back the to base line. Did a quick listen to a song I know well and not bad at all. I’d say pretty close.

2 Likes

My response was only to this statement. There is a wealth of information and you stated untested vaccine. There are further ongoing studies and likely will be for the next decade at least.

Nothing is tested to real liking prior to full release, but studies are relatively well regarded to indicate circumstance. Animal testing is absolutely pointless, humans value their lives too much to give it up in realistic early trials.

A pandemic is always going to mandate a rapid response.

India has an estimated 1.6 million dead now right? Most places won’t wait around and let nature correct rampant procreation.

3 Likes

I found numbers of just under 400.000.

2 Likes

Those have been exposed as severely misrepresented. There are recent articles regarding this - some linking to data, which express that 1.6 is the probable number though it could be 650k-3.5 or something like that.

2 Likes

@Norseman, @SessionDrummer, my thx for your kind words guys. Although not left with significant physical disability, my brother is now on lifelong statins, blood pressure medication and a blood thinner. From being fit as a fiddle to lifelong meds…for the sake of a vaccine for an illness which SIGNIFICANTLY affects fewer then 0.5% of those contracting it? People have completely lost the plot over this!!

4 Likes

Dammit @SmilingOgre, at work, and THAT sounds WAY more fun. Most of my tuning was done for mobile audio, with simple freq. sweeps and an RTA/SA, and adjusted form there. Most times a “flat” response, sounds, well, FLAT, so sometimes we’d put a peak in. As far as HT systems, I’ve had some pretty nasty bass nodes, and Fr from rooms, and sometimes, even had to add bass traps, and even second subs to cancel out issues. The hardest part (for me) was figuring out, and dialing in the dB high pass / low pass filtering. Soemtimes a flatter 12 db roll off would work wonders, other times, the room HATED it, and we had to go steeper with a 24db.

I know I’ve had troubles in the past with SOME dB meters, NOT correctly registering <100 Hz with accuracy.

1 Like

No way would I want a flat response for car audio. Set that up to entertain. For the studio I have to have flat to make decisions on a mix. I’m on hold until tomorrow. I believe I have the overall volume relationships pretty close. Now, when I get a calibrated mic, I can go after another room measurement. Absolutely the high and low pass filters are tricky. The smaller speakers on the mains will produce more punch while the sub will produce more depth, and you get to decide which is right, lol.

2 Likes

Why would you assume that? In March 2020 we lost a co-worker who left behind his wife and 2 children. My friend who is a doctor at Boston Medical Center lost her BIL. Not to mention what she’s been through at the hospital.

Your tone with me is aggressive considering I never “cut others up” who did get the jab. I only posted information on the vaccines, information that clears up assumptions about it. FYI, I’m not an anti-vaxxer. I’ve had plenty vaccines. I believe that people have the right to know about the risks so they can make an informed decision. Whenever someone discloses any harm that ensued they risk being ostracized (Eric Clapton is a prime example). I also don’t think anyone should be forced into vaccination…or anything for that matter.

I’m still stunned that you made all those assumptions about me.

10 Likes

I wonder why Clapton relayed peripheral neuropathy to the vaccine - or as a reason to avoid

I suffer from this as well as several
Other nerve related things. No issue. My sister had 4 brain surgeries, no issues.

There are going to be reactions in any group - perhaps Clapton is being ostracised due to utilising influence on people who lack the ability to consider scientific fact.

Sometimes people are ostracised for a reason, sometimes they aren’t. Most of us have been online at least if we have ever put an opinion out which was counter to that which holds popular. The fact Eric Clapton thinks he had a severe reaction, completely unsubstantiated by scientific method, is irrelevant to the conversation about vaccination risks in my opinion. He wasn’t in a control study, the mind is powerful. The human body is the worst scientific recording tool ever created.

I want to Expand on this with a question

Twins are born. One is raised in Iowa the other is raised very close to Chernobyl. The Russian one grows a third arm by the age of 2. Why?

There’s one right answer.

3 Likes

Hey bro, it’s not only you that she have had assumptions about and i might add an aggressive tone towards. She had it towards me as well in a reply which i felt was best not to reply on.

I can understand that this is frustrating and scary and whatnot for some people but taking it out on other forum members is not the way to handle this in a good way (not referring to you muth).

6 Likes

Not sure what you’re trying to say there with the Clapton example. Are you saying he’s lying about his experience? or he doesn’t have the expertice to say what he said?

Also not sure what advantage Iowa should have over Czernobyl.
OK that was unnecessary :laughing:

2 Likes

I’m saying Clapton has absolutely no idea if the vaccine caused him problems. Nobody in the public sector who has claimed to have symptoms does.

The discussion about the twins is an example of this and the question remains. . There’s only one answer for us regarding why the twin by Chernobyl grew a third arm. So what is it ?

2 Likes

Oh dear, the poor man. gets a jab, feels bad afterwards but it must have been something else.

Living in Chernobyl doesn’t necessarily get you in contact with radiation so perhaps the 3rd arm grew because of something completely different? I still don’t really get this example…

4 Likes

He was also in public getting the jab when COVID is had contact with others, and at least one had contact with lots of void potential.

Maybe he felt bad because he got COVID. Maybe he got the flu. Maybe he got a bad reaction from the jab, maybe he was prepared in his mind for a bad reaction and it happened.

The answer to both is - we have no idea, neither does he, there is no way to isolate the reaction to anything without tests, and controls.

One can argue all they want that it is obvious, but it is not - that’s why the scientific method exists.

Edited to add, this is seen regularly with people who report getting the flu from the flu shot, the reality is they caught the flu, and had a flu shot or had the flu shot and caught the flu. The flu shot doesn’t give you flu.

And I’m not saying he didn’t have a bad reaction, it’s one possibility. As likely as any other without science.

2 Likes

Hehe, you know the deal, everyone loves boom and sizzle. 65 Hz., 12k-14kHz

2 Likes