I don't friggin believe it

The Dr. wrote my wifey a new RX today. A little while later we got a call from the pharmacy saying her ins would not cover the medication. I asked why, they didn’t know just that the ins. had declined it when they ran it through. So I made the mistake of asking how much it was figuring that I just pick it up and we’d just have to deal with it. $36.67 per pill @2 per day. $2200+ a month, needless to say we’re gonna look at our alternatives.

I believe it. My step son has pills that cost about 50.00 each. He is disabled, if my husband had no insurance the kid would die.

1 Like

Yea, and the FDA has to go after vaping for more money, bunch of greedy bastards. Something bad’s gonna happen to those pricks in Big Pharma and the FDA.

4 Likes

Disgusting beyond words.

1 Like

Advice to all: Never tell a doctor you vape!
They are so strung out on “vaping is as bad as smoking” that they will immediately begin to blame it for any ailment you have.

1 Like

my doc is very pro vape which is cool, but my last Doc blamed EVERYTHING on smoking which I did at the time, I went in with an infected Ingrowing toenail, she asked me “do you smoke?”…yes but not with my F&%king feet???..

11 Likes

It’s pretty sad that it’s even possible to spend more per month on prescriptions than the average junkie does on his drug of choice.

5 Likes

Years ago Wifey was having stress related Migranes. We went to see My family Dr. hers had moved out of the area. The she explained what was going on he gets out a gown tells her to go behind the curtain and remove everything and put it on come out and get in the stirrups he’s going to giver her a pelvic??? I reached out took his hand under the guise of shaking began gripping rather hard and not letting go. I started to tell him he was looking at the wrong end, wifey throws the gown in his face and tells him. It’s a headache not menstral cramps you perv. I gave one last squeeze just hard enough to hurt a little bit and told him our new Dr would request my records and we’d see about anyone else contacting him regarding his actions.
We were blessed enough to have the receptionist ask what was wrong on our way out so I told he kinda rudely and loudly, three people in the waiting room got up and left.

2 Likes

all im going to say is thats crap , and obviously your in the United States aside from the doctors and nurses and other employees the whole medical practice is as effed up as the fda regs , if i get anymore in depth this will become political which i refuse to get into that tyoe of discussion i hope it gets figured out

3 Likes

ys mine as well as a matter of fact when i told the kids doctors i quit smoking and started vaping she actually got up and hugged me , with a tear in her eye she patted my arm while holfing my hand and kept saying ty ty good for you and good for your kids , she then pulled out a kanger subvod from her pocket and said shhhhhhhh

4 Likes

tbats where the average junkie starts is on those scripts then moved to other stuff bc of cost

1 Like

Another funny thing is (now bear in mind my wife and struggled for years with anxiety and depression(it all goes back to her first husband) but not going there). I go to CVS to pick up two RX we called in refills for, they tell me there are 7 to pick up I’m like huh what the hell. The pharmacy manager is called over and it seems they took it upon themselves to put all of her meds on an auto refill program without even asking us. So I go ahead and get them, I get home and the 5 that we didn’t order are two weeks early, but GOD FORBID if I ask to pick up her pain patches one friggin day early they treat me like I’m some sort of drug addict ranting and raving that they can’t do it. I finally had a talk with the same pharm. manager explained that sometimes I’m asking to pick them up cause we well be in Fresno babysitting our grandson for two days and can’t get them or I’m already there and We really try not to jump in the car and go running around every day it’s costly as well as bad on the air quality. I’ve told them to look back over the last 5 years and figure out how many days early we are overall, because each pain patch is three days and there has been the rare occasion that we have forgotten and gone 4 days. If they figured it out they’d see we are probably 5 to 8 days behind over all we’re not using them to party with that would just be stupid. So I’m supposed to be able to pick them up from now on as many as 3 days early with no hassles, we’ll see how that goes.

2 Likes

LOVE that, what an absolute cockwomble :+1: thankfully you were there!

2 Likes

haha! amazing!

1 Like

Yep. I have quite a number of clients that are hooked on Oxy. One of them takes 9 of them a day. When a doctor tells him he won’t renew his 'script he just moves on to another doctor. Meanwhile those that are on meds that are necessary are getting cut from coverage. I agree that the political vein runs deep, and I won’t get into it either. It’s disgusting how how the medical and pharmaceutical professions have fallen to greed and corruption. I wonder if this beast has gotten too big to control or if a revolt is around the corner.

4 Likes

That’s the nice thing about the patches if you use as directed every thirty days is a refill. If you abuse then you suffer for part of that time. when used as directed the pain relief is constant, no ups and downs. It’s so simple and so perfect for us.

2 Likes

Yes that works for honest folk. The problem arises when the medical profession just keeps handing out the scripts with no regard to creating an addict. As is often the case, the addict will abuse the meds then seek more by going to the ER, getting them off the streets or just stealing them from others that have them. In the meantime, the manufacturer is still getting their money and the doctors are still getting their “perks”. The war on drugs should include the medical and pharma professions, not just drug smugglers and cartels. The FDA is somewhere at the top of that list. Our infrastructure is off-kilter.
Sorry for the rant. It’s just that I see this almost daily and their is very little hope in sight.

4 Likes

Oh God I wish you the best of luck and I hope your other half pulls through!!

1 Like

That’s not a rant, it’s just the truth. My doctor told me something remarkable about drugs last month. My mouth dropped open and I just sat there in disbelief…

He said there is so much money (and lobbying money) invested in using drugs to treat addictions because insurance companies don’t want to pay for anything but cheap drugs.

Drugs are 100 times cheaper. The big pharma company makes a mint on “their controlled substance”. Most of the time it’s a revolving door that never ends because most of them don’t work but there’s new users every day! He also told me a doctor couldn’t openly bad mouth a drug because the “Prescription Drug Mafia” will descend upon them like a plague. The only thing they can do when they know a drug is bad is avoid prescribing it.

The worst thing he told me that scared me was what they are doing now with people who have behavior problems and are violent. They have designed drug charts for the period of time the person is awake and asleep and what time of day they need to take a specific downer or upper. (Like a cocktail of up to 8-9 Drugs) to control violent behavior. The drugs become a replacement for a mental hospital, residential care or prison …and they can do blood tests to determine the level of the drug in the blood so if the person flips out they will know what drug wasn’t administered :fearful:

4 Likes

What are the name of those patches if you don’t mind me asking? My health has been in the tank the past 2 years and I still have 3 - 4 surgeries to go. They’ve had me on Morphine this whole time so needless to say I’m addicted and desperate to get off it. I never wanted on it to begin with. I was burned very badly back in the day when morphine & penicillin where all they had, I came out of the hospital a 7 yr. old addict! It’s not a good pain control medication but it’s damn good at screwing you up if you try coming off it! I was on 6 tabs a day at one time & got down to 1, I thought I could come off. Within 3 days I was in withdrawal & they put me back on it.

1 Like