I don't like my Crown tank, help?

Ok, have to take a other look at the rba base. to see if it’s sealing up right. .I have closed of the air hole and top filled. leaks out the air hole some.It may be my wicking teck, s wrap, or bunny ear stuffing or the H wincking.How do you wick?

Well when you take the top off , fill it up , leave a little room for air at the top. Put the top on ,not tight. Turn upside down then tighten the top. It creates a vacuum.

Have not try that cool, I’ll give a go, thanks sillyrabbit.

It appears I have solved my leaking problems. First off I have not done any drilling. I use 3mm ID and that is why I feel I have not needed to drill. As far as the leaking goes, the way I finally solved that was was to mount the coil with legs on the bottom and coil wraps on top. I then used the s fold method to wick and the leaking is no more. I think mounting the coil in this manner gave me more room for cotton…

I haven’t used the rba for the crown since I couldn’t get it to stop leaking, I do use it every day with the stock coils… switch hitting between it and the Herakles tank. @ringling if you get the chance sometime could you toss up a picture of the “S” wicking that your using please? I won’t be back home to where the rba is until the end of February so there isn’t a rush to see it on my part, but I may look at re-attempting to use that rba if it appears to be something I can get done correctly.

Starnge ,i put my rba on. And never had a leak one on it. Must be in your wicking.

Yeah, you sound like my mother always saying it’s my fault! lololol
I’ve watched videos and pictures of people wicking that thing and still can’t get it right, I know it must be something simple that I’m not doing correctly but, I’ve tried all the simple things til I was just fed up. Anyway, I thought the best thing to do is just put it away for awhile, stick to the stock coils… that I like… and not get mad. I’ll attempt to play with the rba on it again, but there isn’t a real rush to figure it out as I’m still enjoying the tank.

Lmfao, i didn’t mean it like that bro

1 Like

lol… I know… sorry my humor back at ya didn’t come across… but I thought that was a great response and had to say it lol

1 Like

I hear ya , i hope you get it figured out. I wasn’t to inpressed with the crown. I give it to a friend starting back vaping. And i thought i would make him a good experience startibg back

If you stuff so much cotton in there that you get nothing but dry hits and it still leaks, then the problem isn’t the wicking. Give that a shot some time, just to test it out. Maybe even fill it with unflavored 0 nic so you aren’t wasting good juice when you do this.

When I got my crown RBA my device was not quite up to specs. It didn’t quite make pin contact, so I had to tear it down and rebuild the pin area with a bit of something to space it better. I haven’t heard of too many people having that problem, but it’s possible a few duds slipped thru QC.

That said, I do find the sweet spot between leaky and dry hitty to be finicky. :stuck_out_tongue:

Got to tell you, when using the RBA you are not gonna stop the leaking completely. Your problem is not wicking. The problem is the tank loses pressure at certain juice level. Very full, and, at some point at coil level. The RBA needs to be redesigned I think. I don’t know if they would answer emails but it sure would be nice to know if the RBA has been updated because of this problem. I truly love this tank because I can get the right airflow for me so I put up with some leaking to use it…

2 Likes

I’m with you there, I driled out the juice holes like one of the masters on here said. It did wick better, it was a fine line from dry hits or leaking. Just waiting to see if uwell crown does a up grade on the RBA deck. i got my put away for now, and bought a griffin.

1 Like

Which Griffin did you go with @pdog88 ? I see there are basically 2 versions a Griffin and a Griffin 25… just wondering (and how do you like it?).

Hi calMeTut. I’m guessing the first one. I don’t know of a second one. The I got is the black one. Love it. It only holds 3ml of juice, but the build deck is easy to buld on . The flavor is good, cloud all most as good as a dripper. ( depending on coil build.) Easy to use and fill. The plastic bottles work best in filling. The glass driper work ok , but the juice from the outside of the glass droper runs now the air tub. , but other than that , there is little to no leaking. I have a .57 ohm build with kanthal 2.5 or 3.0 mm. at 6-8 wraps. I have not tryed a clapon build yet, it should work great. Its a lot lighter than the crown thats for sure. I use the griffin all day, great for on the go tank. Oh the wicking is easy to do and with no dry burns at all at what wattage i’m using 30 watt- 32 is about max with the build I have. I thinking about buying the silver one just to have a back up.

1 Like

Sounds good, is that build your using 2 coils?

Yes. I don’t see how you could only have just one coil. The max vg might be to thick. I use 40/60 mix works great.

Well I just purchased the last Griffin one of my local b&m’s had… time to play…

I’m sure you will like it. Let me know how it’s work for you .

When refilling the Crown, (using the RBA single coil deck)…nne final thing I found that eliminated leaking was to turn the tank upside down, and then open the air hole.
In other words, to refill:

1. Close off air flow.
  2. Open top fill and add ejuice.
  3. Turn tank upside down.
  4. Open air flow.
  5. Turn upright and vape.

Important tips:

1. When you build the RBA coil, there should not be any wick over the airflow, so amount of wick, cotton, ect., should not ever effect air flow.
  2. All juice should flow through wick, and wick should be light and just touching all areas where juice flows, never packed tight anywhere. It will expand when wet, so apply it lightly.
  3. Titanium gives the best flavor. Do not dry burn Ti (testing for hot spots). For temp control, use spaced wrap coils. Never use Nickel without temp control.
  4. Larger diameter wire (smaller number" 24 gauge versus 26 gauge) takes longer ramp up time, so use it with higher watts or Jewels.
  5. Use the largest possible ID coil that will fit without shorts to hold more wick and get a higher number resistance. Use a longer piece of wire, thinner wire, or make a larger diameter coil so resistance isn’t too low.

I am still experiencing leaking when I fill my Chulhua v1 and v2. Nothing I do seems to eliminate it. It not only has to do with pressure. I think when you open the top fill, juice goes down into the air flow area. It is impossible to turn it upside down and then open the top fill LOL. I need/want bottom fill as in Aromamizers.