I don't like my Crown tank, help?

Joy,

I just went through hell with my Cthulu V2 last night. It had been leaking upin closing the cap from the AFC ring. . .well, the ring above that, not the glass. If you remove the tank, the next piece down slides off. It is actually two pieces. The inner silver piece is locked in place by a pin, but that outer piece (black on mine) screws over it. If it backs up on the threads a few turns it disengage from the oring at its base. That’s what was causing my leak.

So, what I think I did was, raise the inner silver piece up a few turns by rotating it in the outer. Lubricate the oring at the top of the AFC/base of this piece between the AFC and glass. I use silicone plumbers grease, but you can use juice. Locate the depression /slot in the inner ring and engage it with the pin on the atty. The outer piece will still be a few turns from fully engaging the oring. Then screw on your tankand once it engages, just keep screwing. The gap between the removable two piece ring doodad and the AFC ring should then close. That completely fixed my leak upon fill.

I guess I should have began with: If your leak is coming from between the AFC ring and that removable spacer thing. If it’s coming out the airholes, that’s a wicking issue I think.

@Joy. . Did you see the above about the Cthulu V2? If you end up wanting to sell yours, consider them bought.

Hey Therabidweasel, I bought 3 tanks yesterday. So, I may decide that I do want to sell my Cthulu tanks. NOT sure yet. I love the taste and draw on them, but always a bit of leaking when you fill them. So, I kept your message in my email inbox and I’ll let you know later after I try out the 3 new tanks to see if I want to replace my Cthulu tanks. I have 2 of them. They are version 1 and version 2. Which is better…??? Both are topfill. V2 has a juice flow control that is invisible. It doesn’t seem to help with leaking on fill. Also, the threads on the top fill of the V2 are very poor. Most of the time, you’d give up on getting it on where it’s got several turns and just put it on with 1/4 turn. That doesn’t seem to cause any problems though and it seems sealed. So, that’s the scoop. I’ve built the v1 about 3 times and the v2 only once. After filling, there is no leaking, but I haven’t put them in my pocket or anything like that. I will get back to you in a couple of weeks on weather or not I want to sell them. Joy

Hiya Joy!

I would most definitely be interested in the V2 if you have the bag of stuff with it too, I need to check on the V1. I repliedf to one of your messages weeks ago about the leakage, with how I fixed mine. The top cap on mine is a little fiddly, but I can get it on eventually. Definitely let me know, it’s my second favorite tank so far. Thanks for keeping me in mind!

Best thing I found to do with my crown is gave it away :expressionless:

1 Like