I just spit fire!

ok I know thos profile is a good rda. I have been trying to use this thing for about 2 months now and about 5 mins ago I felt it light up in my mouth and my bf said he saw me spit fire. Im using my vandy vape guar-21 at 70 watts nexmesh 0.15 mesh coils good for 60-80 watts what the hell happened l?? Was my cotton too loose? Is that a thing? I’m afraid of this thing and im about to throw it in thegarbage

9 Likes

I’ve never been huge on RDA’s @ladycrooks, so I’m not the authority on them, but spitting fire ?? !!!

Loose cotton almost always, causing SPITTING, and on a hot loaded RDA, it can be something NOT fun to have happen. What were you vaping ?

6 Likes

A simple search on “profile wicking” will show you how to properly prepare the Profile.
Yes, something is off on your wicking and I would also suggest you lower your wattage.

8 Likes

is there a break or crease in the mesh?

6 Likes

my carry rig, reliability is mandatory. good vape, long batt life(18650), almost leak free(can be over squonked), durable, smallish. under sqounk it and it will bite you = push bottle before each hit, no problems. can’t use n80 mesh in it, watts to high. yes, i do have a purple door.

6 Likes

I use Profiles everyday and that’ll happen every now and then. The wick goes dry and I’ll fire it longer because I’m not getting the normal hit. There is then a popping noise and the heat hits your mouth. Fast reflexes come in handy at this point. After it happens I’ll check the wick as it could be scorched. I’m certain I could replicate this with any RDA.

10 Likes

With pretty much any RDA and especially mesh types like the Wotofo Profile, after a while using them, you should be able to develop a ‘sense’ of when the cotton is becoming juice-depleted. For me the obvious part is a subtle change in flavor, the draw becomes weaker and cloud output is anemic. In my experience those are signals you’re about to get a dry hit.

And unless you’re using a DNA with Replay enabled you should avoid mesh coil dry hits at all costs! It happened to me and I NEVER want to experience that again. I’ll take a regular round wire dry hit any day though.
Profile RDA=couple of good hits+drip. Repeat…

9 Likes

I think this is what happened too, a dry hit at 70 watts which is high for mesh. I only use mesh RDA’s in TC mode for this very reason and even in TC I have my watts set to 60 watts and no preheat as it is not needed for mesh since it ramps up almost immediately.

If I run mesh in power mode it is usually in the 50 watts range for no preheat. This gives you a chance to recognize when you are running low on juice. At 70 watts you have to make sure it is fully saturated with juice as the warning might come too late and your inhaling the mother of all dry hits.

10 Likes

I only vape my Profile RDA’s at no more than 45 watts. Try dropping your wattage

8 Likes

I use my Profiles around 60w and they ohm out .15 - .16… I love the flavor on these things, today’s count is 10 profiles I’ve picked up along the way + a unity and 2 M’s….

6 Likes

Mine did this in my early days when one coil leg was sort of just pinched in the corner by the screw instead of securley pushed in by it. Luckily it was when I was burning the coil off to clean it. Me pulling the cotton made it loose enough to short and a flame went about 3 inches off the top of the coil. I double check my coil legs now lmao.

9 Likes

That was my second guess looser cotton on my end. …I did get a bit lazy and had …this should work moment.

8 Likes

70 watts is a awful hot vape… I run .15 ohm on my profile and vape it between 30 watts and a hot 45 watts.
Make sure you’re your using the full 6mm of cotton. Cut the cotton about 1/4" outside of the well to 1/4" from each end of the coil at the top. It will look like bunny ears at the top. Prime the cotton and you should be good to go.
Remember higher wattage doesn’t make a better vape.

8 Likes

I lift one side of mesh… and put super thick cotton under mesh and thin sides… I do notice the screws strip and back out… sometimes I get a no atomizer …and tighten screws and it works again.

6 Likes

I wick mesh way looser than most people I’m guessing. I’ve never had it flame. My guess is your 70W power settting + dry cotton or a hot spot= flame-age. Mesh heats up super quick.

Seriously though, every piece of cotton pre measured for mesh atomizers I’ve tried, is entirely too much cotton IMO. I rip off about one third of something like Wotofo’s big 6mm chucks for the Profile. It doesn’t need to be packed in there super tight. I tried to use the whole thing when I first got the Profile. It didn’t squonk right and the flavor was very muted. After thinning it down, the flavor started popping. Liquid squonks right up the middle, soaking the cotton before my eyes now. It used to go off to the side while that log jam of cotton blocked the liquid.

7 Likes

I know I was pushing it cuz at first It kept having this burnt taste to it. And no cloud this rda hasn’t always been this way im going to rewick it with enough cotton this time and put my wattage way down to around 35 40 max 35 to start then see how it behaves. But first and only first when I soak the wick I burn it and see with my eyes its not going to light up. Cuz that was fuckin scary

7 Likes

I agree … I wick 3 profiles with one piece of cotton bacon… thick in middle , thin on sides … but I drip in mine…

6 Likes

They’re good. I know it! I am sure I didn’t have enough cotton in it it hasn’t always been like that. Im trying again…right now…no way this is a shit show…its got to be that.

3 Likes

As stated above if dripping or squonking you will get a taste of cotton burning when the cotton starts drying out. Learning the taste will tell you when to squonk or dripp. Learn your combo. They are not all created equal. Some mods fire faster and harder than others. Once you learn your combo you will even know when battery replacement is needed without looking at the screen. Sorry this happened. Mistakes made are a positive as much as a negative. Bet you won’t do it again :wink:.

8 Likes

erroneously deleted by stupidity. me

6 Likes