I just spit fire!

I agree. Mesh needs to be fed liquid often. Somebody told me they get 12 hits before having to re squonk. I called BS on that statement unless they were using 20W or something. I squonk after every puff. If not, the flavor just isn’t the same. Mesh can burn off liquid like crazy.

11 Likes

That’s the way I wick the profile :+1:

Hehe, I’m the same way…
I strictly use the Profile on a Squonker, dripping is just too much of a pain to feed that mesh for me, and even with regular coils I always tend to overdrip… so I only use drippers for flavor testing now.

8 Likes

I can only handle 2 drippers at a time. They sit on mech tubes. I run 3/4 squonk mods at all times. Dripping requires a separate bottle to tag along wherever the RDA goes. I’ve accidentally dripped the wrong liquid a few times (grabbing the wrong bottle, in the dark usually). I have OCD about that. In my mind that setup is ruined until I can clean it and put in fresh cotton. Makes me mad when that happens :laughing:. I used to be dead against dripping. It’s not so bad but I wouldnt want to have 6 different RDAs to drip on. Thank God for squonk mods.

12 Likes

Been there / done that :laughing:
Yeah I only keep 2 drippers set up now and now they sit on my mixing table with the bottles next to them, I’m down to just one squonker now, the top side dual with the profile since I picked up the Voltrove rta, that’s my all day carry with juice to spare.
Side note; I have found that the battery life seems to be Much improved with the Gaur 21, I can go 1 1/2 - 2 days with the moli p42a’s and I’m a chain vaper…

8 Likes

I have accidentally filled my squonks and RTAs with another juice many times. It always tastes good to me and sometimes I’ll just keep on using the new juice. I think I have low standards.

6 Likes

Most of my RDA’s for dripping never leave the house. When I go out depending on the flavor I want I go with squonks. Problem I have is I have to carry a paper towel to clean up the juice I over squonk. I hate having juice all over my hands and mods.:rage:

7 Likes

Hell hath no fury like a dry hit on a mesh coil! :fire: :fire: :fire:

7 Likes

I have that gemoh cotton … it came with 10 mesh strips… it works great … cotton is as good as bacon…

4 Likes

I just dripped in my profile rda… got 16 hits back to back (coulda prolly got 2 more hits but didn’t chance it… lol… oh my Legend is at 64w 0.20 ohms.

5 Likes

I usually take 4 or 5 before re-wetting. Could probably get a few more but I got a mouthful of a dry hit awhile back and that was enough for me. NEVER want to repeat that again.

6 Likes

The cotton was completely saturated and it was still tasting like it was burnt thats exactly how I knew that it was not the case.

4 Likes

i got the ss mesh to run TC. at $2.39 for the cotton and mesh you can’t beat it. $2.39 10PCS Authentic XFKM 316L Stainless Steel Mesh Coil Wire 10-pack - 0.15ohm(45-65W) / w/ cotton at FastTech - Free Shipping

4 Likes

As others have mentioned 70 watts is (imo) way too high for mesh. Doesn’t matter if that cotton is saturated or not. Mesh (at least in my experience ) does not need high wattage. I get an awesome vape from my profile with a .15 strip at 35/40 watts.

I have only found one exception where I can run higher wattage with mesh and that is the dual mesh series deck of the Titan RTA. 80 watts is perfect for me on that one.

6 Likes

When you look at the mesh does it have any dark streaks or is it even? Dark streaks would mean a spot where the cotton is not in contact with that part of the mesh. It will be a hot spot and taste burnt. That is one thing that can be frustrating with mesh, you need to make sure all the cotton is in contact with ALL the mesh or it just doesn’t work right.

4 Likes

I guess I never thought about dripping on a Profile. I’ve always used it on a squonk mod where it sucks liquid back.

3 Likes

Thank you @Deb50 this helps. I also have never pushed it like that but Its the only mesh rda I have so it helps to know this info.

4 Likes

Did you forget to clamp down the mesh strip? :rofl:

5 Likes

Even if well saturated, the cotton needs to be very tight inside the mesh. As cotton saturates it can start to fall away from the upper inside of your coil causing your juice to boil on the top of the mesh.

6 Likes

I agree with Muth…. Lol… I’ve seen it sit on top and just boil…
I think the profiles are a cooler vape … and while I don’t like a hot vape
(Even my mechs are .15 - .18 ohms) but it works for me. I run my Profile rdas between 60-65w normally for a 2 ohm… .15 is usually around the same… it’s a slightly warm vape…without any burning or nasty metal taste.
Just great flavor…

5 Likes

Yeah it works great for me… I also have a few on my squonks too… works well both ways…

5 Likes