I just want to keep on mixing with my 0.001g scale!

Dang it… I don’t need to be encouraged to buy more things… LOL now I’m thinking about it!!!

6 Likes

How the hell do you cut a drop in half?? :thinking:

7 Likes

Seriously, never done that before? :crazy_face:

A full drop is when you squeeze the bottle and a drop falls off the tip of the bottle. That’s easy.
If you squeeze the bottle and see a drop forming, but not big enough to fall, let it touch the edge of the bottle top and about half a drop will go in your e-liquid bottle.

10 Likes

my regular 0.01 has an auto calibrate function, the new 0.001g came with a little weight but i’m not sure how accurate it is. i should get a bit higher quality weights really.

For MF for sure, but also for FLV and other SC flavors, you won’t have to use any “tricks” to make your scale work. And even with those tricks, you’re never going to be really sure. You’re really testing the limits of your scale and when you do that with anything, it all comes down to quality equipment. The LB may be good, but it’s not that good. Even if you get a cheap 50g or 100g 0.001g scale, you’ll see what I mean.

Obviously, if you’re going to mix larger quantities, you won’t need this accuracy. % wise, a 0.01g scale works just as good for a 100ml mix as a 0.001g scale does for a 10ml mix.

If you’re using your LB and you have a weight of 0.145g, it will likely show 0.15g. If you add a small drop, the total weight could be 0.154g and still show 0.15g. With a more precise scale, you see exactly what’s going on. With the 0.01g scales you’re just guessing. That’s basically where the extra confidence and pleasure in mixing comes from.

A lot of people are probably scratching their head and wondering what difference it makes… I get that. If you’re mixing with TPA and use 10% flavor in a 60 or 100ml bottle, it won’t make a difference. If you’re using MF or FLV and you’re doing small testers, it does make a big difference.

8 Likes

i just bought this one for $4.43 two days ago on ebay. Reviews ain’t that bad. :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

:+1:
It doesn’t need to be an expensive one, as long as it does the job for you.
Personally I don’t care about the micro grams but these things allow you to be accurate to the centigram with ease. None of the previous scales I’ve used gave me that confidence.

5 Likes

@anon28032772 's way is good, or you can use a pin or needle… touch the 1/2 drop to it and it will slide right down it into your bottle.

Serious me too, that sounds sad. Come on @anon28032772 what is your favorite flavor profile?

3 Likes

Why do I need an ADV? I appreciate variation and refuse to stick to a single flavor. It’s boring :smiley: Not just vaping but food, drinks, …
The only one thing I stick with is women, only 1 in my life and I like it that way :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Fruits… no, bakery… or creams… tobacco … I dunno…drinks sometimes… or candy :slight_smile:
It all depends on the time of day, the weather, what I’m eating or drinking, who’s company I’m in, if I’m on the road or watching TV… I couldn’t pick a favorite, too many wonderful flavors to enjoy and I don’t want to grow tired of any of them.

5 Likes

Is there are noticeable difference in drop weight?
I find most on my scales are 0.02g. So therefore 3 drops = 0.06g, but if on these scales you end up at 0.015g per drop at an extreme. That means you need 4 drops. Hence a 1 drop difference.
I’m sure you didn’t need it broken down as I did, but it made it easier to explain what I meant. :grin:

4 Likes

Got both, not that much of an expense is it… so why not use the right one for the right job… Big batches? 3 digits scale… Small batches? 4 digits scale, but I find myself using the 4 digits more often, after 6 years still haven’t got an ADV… But I’ve been mixing from the start of this journey… prob that’s why…

7 Likes

Definitely, 3 drops of my Sweetness, are about 0.065g. 3 drops of (most) other FLV flavors come out at just around 0.050g, some even less. I think it’s more to do with the contents of the flavor than the actual drop size. There is definitely also a difference between the type of bottles that you use and it shows that using drops as a measuring unit is very inconsistent.

6 Likes

Amen to that! :pray:

4 Likes

Be interested to know what you bought Suomynona and where from?

3 Likes

Definitely sparked my interest, like you do I mix mainly small batches and nothing over 100ml.

4 Likes

I probably overpaid but I don’t care, wasn’t a huge expense.

I’m located in Belgium.

4 Likes

Aaaand… Amen to that! :pray:

It could only be valid if you use one manufacturer, always with the same bottles, you know how to hold that bottle, how much to squeeze and so forth, I only know one mixer that can do that… (Well we all do… not only me…) :joy::kissing_heart:

6 Likes

It’s probably not all that different from what @Mikser got. It came with a USB charging cable, some jewelry tools (in plastic) and a miniature tea cup that would be great for your daughter’s doll house.
If you order from China, you could probably find it anywhere from $5 to $10 and if you’re lucky, free shipping (albeit no customer service). The one I have is making me happy though, very stable and precise. No tricks to register any drop (like @SessionDrummer mentioned he does on the LB 501). It just does what I expected it to do and expectations were high.

7 Likes

Great to hear it has met your expectations and it’s good to have a recommendation when they all look so similar. I’ve been mixing 10ml SF testers lately and my scale has rather let me down so I’m shopping for a new one.
Thank you.

6 Likes

With cheap scales like this, there’s always a possibility that you have a dud. I’ve had it with a 0.01g scale before that the measured weight just kept going up or down, no stability at all. If that’s the case, just return it and get a new one. I’ve even seen comments like this on the highly praised LB 501.
This one just worked fine, but you’ll always find a review or 2 from these cheap scales that complains about it. It doesn’t mean they’re all bad.

5 Likes

They seem good so far avoid they are not good

6 Likes