I just want to keep on mixing with my 0.001g scale!

I bought a 0.001g scale because I always got frustrated with the usual 0.01g scales that are always recommended.
Is it 0.12g? Is it 0.11g? Should I add a drop or not? I added half a drop but my scale doesn’t budge :frowning: Should I do it again?
A drop does make a difference when you’re talking about these amounts, not so much if it’s 1.20g or 1.19g. This scale tells me everything I need to know, no more questions! It’s such a joy to work with I just can’t stop mixing. I can only highly recommend doing the same. You can find some pretty cheap 50g or 100g scales with this accuracy and they’re worth having.
I use the 0.001g for concentrates and still use the 0.01g for base liquids.

13 Likes

I like the approach but does it really make a difference?
± 0.05g should be good enough if you don’t mix really small samples. Or I just haven’t got any experience with really strong flavorings.

5 Likes

I just got some new scales

6 Likes

Now that I’m mixing more with FLV, i get a lot of 0.06-0.12g in 30mls. a 0.01g change is a HUGE change percentually speaking so yeah, you’ll notice the difference.
I’m not telling anyone to dump their 0.01g scale, but we are often testing the limits of accuracy of our scale and unless you have professional grade equipment, it’s going to let you down.
A higher accuracy will only you get nearer to the results you can produce on professional equipment … and it’s just a lot more fun and relaxing to work with.

9 Likes

when you’re making e-liquids for ants, it is crucial!

8 Likes

I picked up the LB weigh scale for $30 years ago and have never looked back …

4 Likes

LOL I know right! It does make it fun. Congrats! I think the fun is that …It gives you a ton of confidence mixing when you’re not missing drops. :wink:

Yea !!! Im glad you caught on to it.

6 Likes

Not saying you have to look back at all… just telling you that new doors are opening for me having this extra accuracy. I probably can’t put in words what it means, but like @Freddie3 says, it’s getting extra confidence in what you’re doing and it feels good.

6 Likes

I mix my flavor concentrates on a TL 50G X 0.001G scale from amazon. I calibrate it with 10 US nickels (equals 50G) as the calibration weight that came with it is a little off.

7 Likes

I rarely mix less than 30 or 50ml, my ADV and what I make for a friend is usually 500 or 1000ml. I guess in these regions 0.1 would be fine. Also, I think with higher percentages it makes less of a difference.

6 Likes

Been saying that for 18 months, and all I got is my lb 501 is all I need :slight_smile: maybe not from you though :slight_smile:

7 Likes

It definitely does, the more volume you mix, the less accurate your scales need to be.

7 Likes

I’m new to mixing, if I could come up with an ADV I’d do it on a bathroom scale, but at this point only small batches 30 max.

7 Likes

Indeed, not from me. I’ve been eyeballing a 0.001g scale for a while now. Can’t get too accurate IMO.

7 Likes

I’ve been mixing for years and I still haven’t found an ADV… there’s nothing wrong with variation and 30mls :wink: When I make a new recipe for the first time, it’s usually even less than that. I hate waste so I start small. The largest bottles I make are 100ml.

5 Likes

Feels good… after your headache goes away… from kicking yourself in the head a few dozen times? :woozy_face:

Seriously enjoy and mix em up!

7 Likes

LOL I thought we were talking about the same thing and I missed a 0 :star_struck:

8 Likes

Now I really want to help you find an ADV LOL

6 Likes

I think I’m like you on that one. I like variation and while I do have an ADV that I keep on hand at all times I love trying out new flavors

6 Likes

And it’s a very meaningful :zero: too

5 Likes