I just want to keep on mixing with my 0.001g scale!

@authormichellehughes @SessionDrummer After having used a more accurate scale, it’s so nice not having to pull out any tricks for simple measurements though.
No tricks, no guess work, no “Uhmm… that should be about right”, no “Damn, my scale didn’t register that, maybe I should put in a little more” and then “Oh darn, I put in too much” :rofl:

I would say the increase in satisfaction is about the same as going from syringes and dishes to using a 0.01g scale :grin:

7 Likes

Using SCs, if you’re doing mainly 60ml bottles and up, I’d say you won’t have a lot of advantage with a scale this accurate but anything below I would argue.
I’m really not trying to convince you, if you’re happy the way you mix and you’re satisfied with the results, that’s all that matters. I’m just telling you my own experience and why I think it does matter.

For arguments’ sake… imagine you have to add a strong concentrate to a mix, let’s say a 0.08g of a certain concentrate.
Your scale says 0.07g, what are you going to do? Add another drop until you get 0.09 or leave it at that?
With a 0.001g scale, you might see that you actually only added 0.065g in your bottle… or it could be 0.074g.
If you’re going to add that drop or not, that will make a difference to your juice. With the 0.01g scale you’re just guessing and you won’t be consistent in your end result. With the 0.001g scale you know exactly what to do.

7 Likes

I also often used the “Trick”. It works really well for controlling the total flavor %. What’s not as readily apparent is the fact that you are hitting .16 and thinking its .2 then another time your hitting .24 when you think your hitting .2. That’s almost a .1 swing on however many flavors you are using. With SC’s that’s a pretty large variance!

4 Likes

And you do have SC’s like Flavorah and MF … so for those testers and the sake of consistency, I am sure that a more accurate scale would be beneficial. At the moment you are really working at the limits of the 501’s accuracy.

4 Likes

@SessionDrummer… you can add the flavors that make the 120… then move your bottle to the .02g scale from the .001g scale and add your nic and base that way… it isnt hard to mix with a .001g scale… as long as you know how to work around it. :coffee: :kissing_heart: :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Mine tops out at 100g, paid €25 for it. It’s battery operated (usb charging cable) and I can disable the auto-shut timer.
100g of concentrates, that’s a hell of a lot of juice you can make with that. I always first measure my concentrates, then I move on to base liquids for which I use my 0.01g scale should it come near or over the 100g total.

4 Likes

since going nic free and I am back to sub ohming… I eyeball a fill of 100% vg… easy peasy :stuck_out_tongue:

I wont give up my ohaus!! Well worth the investment and I do use it for other compounds

5 Likes

Like I said, I’m not coming in to convert you… I just opened this thread to share my experiences. If you are happy with your results, continue and be happy :wink:

5 Likes

no… Im not… :wink: promise.

3 Likes

I can say if you did have them side by side, you would notice like @anon28032772 said… the difference between the amounts, and what happens in elr when you have your amounts right. :wink:

It is a lot of fun! I wish everyone could see it.

3 Likes

Ohaus! Ok I’m jealous :blush:

4 Likes

Funny that you mention that … my 0.01g scale is much less stable than my 0.001g scale.
A drop may not even register on the 0.01g scale but the tiniest breeze and it jumps all over the place.
My 0.001g scale is very stable but every drop that goes in the bottle is registered, even a partial drop.

6 Likes

I got mine from work on a special… its got scars and scratches, but it does auto calibrate…

4 Likes

No they do not come out to .02g Sd… I get some wacky numbers like .0174g or .0163g

there is a difference as each flavor has it’s own weight.

Elr however, rounds everything up.

With out using my “drop per ml” my weights do not add up to what elr shows, so I have to make sure I adjust that 35 standard to 50, for my weights to show up correctly.

5 Likes

…10 chars…

5 Likes

Issue is… elr only goes 2 spots beyond the decimal… if Lars had put 100.00% I would not have to adjust my recipes at all, using my ohause.

because every time I use a bottle of flv on a .02g scale, I get .02g every single time.

the 501 scale rounds up automatic… you dont get to see specific gravitates… my ohaus, i get to see it all happen.

and with those drops, .02g you can count drops and know it is a .02g <only on the .02g scale

Technically yes, if one knows there is only 2 spots that matter to elr… one doesn’t need a scale, just count the drops and times it by .02g… specially if you are not trying to be accurate.

it is a curve… but unless you have a scale that goes more than .02g yeah…

don’t forget… your drops per ml count…

4 Likes

I agree that things have not been all too clear about that at all times. I’d vote for an ELR DB v2.0 with a 100.000% accuracy to clear up all the fog :slight_smile:

4 Likes

lol, you’re asking me how hard it is to add a digit?
Lars will probably want to do a hell of a lot more and not have time to do half of it.

4 Likes

Not sure what you mean by “it”… simply adding a digit to a DB table really shouldn’t be much more than a few minutes work. Double that if you want to do it on a test DB first.

3 Likes

I brought it up to him I dunno, a year or 2 back… we had a good laugh but I dont think it will be adjusted.
I do know Lars is busy… so…

4 Likes