I-mix = Hangsen flavours..... percentages?

Just a question as I am going to try and SFT some of these i-mix concentrates I have. On the site where I got them, it does now say they they are from Hangsen, but the amount they “suggest” which is 10 - 15% is vastly different than what is in the database for the same.

Hangsen Banana:

Single flavor recommendations: 6
Average quantity: 1.3% (Median: 2.0%)
Minimum used quantity: 0.1%
Maximum used quantity: 2.5%

Hangsen Cream:

Single flavor recommendations: 7
Average quantity: 4.6% (Median: 6.0%)
Minimum used quantity: 0.5%
Maximum used quantity: 10.0%

Hangsen Strawberry:

Single flavor recommendations: 7
Average quantity: 6.4% (Median: 6.0%)
Minimum used quantity: 1.0%
Maximum used quantity: 15.0%

Is this just a case of the supplier diluting the concentrates? If so, if 10 - 15% is what they say and the database varies so much between flavours, where do I even start with testing them?

4 Likes

I don’t think so , Liquid Barn suggests some pretty high pcts for their flavors and so Does FLV. I think it’s that the company doesnt really know and at one time there was a suggestion of trying SF at high pcts then adding 5 pct or so for the next flavor . Those are old suggestions and over the last 5 or 6 years we have dived down and figured out what works best for these flavors

Start below the median so if one says the Median is 5 pct for Single Flavor try it at 3

6 Likes

@Ianc13 Welcome to the world of SFT.

Unless a flavor is new, or not established, most times I’ll try and use the median SF rate, but going lower, and adding if needed never fails.

5 Likes

Ya …Great advice , the only reason oI dont do that is because the median can be skewed by Stones or bases …I will say that newer flavors don’t have that issue as much compared to the big 4 Cap, FW , TPA and FA…Plus it seems my taster is a little more sensitive or something bc a lot of times Pcts are too high for me when using the Medians

6 Likes

The company I got them from has been around forever. I figured they rebottled them but wasn’t sure if they diluted.

Hell, I am not even sure the naming stayed the same because I would have thought Hangsen flavours would have been way more popular, but I have some that have bugger all entries.

5 Likes

Me too , I’m not sure why they never took off like others bc they have some super good flavors…

5 Likes

I thought Hangsen were an older company… :thinking:

Will give it a whirl. Had the cream forever and only tried it in mixes in small amounts. Will be interesting.

4 Likes

They aren’t new , i was talking about Stones , which you will actually find the Hangsen Italian Cream use in a few Stones / bases …

4 Likes

Yeah, that 10-15% rate to me is insane.

5 Likes

@SessionDrummer I will say one thing , im floored at the pcts in some Commercial Companies recipes.
I actually develiped some recipes for a local company whete I Live and since they are now closed i can speak about …Never did I exceed 15pct in any of those liquids and only used a small amount of Sucralose …The company did great while it was on the market

6 Likes

Agreed. We should try halving them, steep, and see how they fare against the over flavored originals.

4 Likes

Of the 3 Hangsen flavors you listed Cream is the only 1 I have experience with. The Cream can get wicked strong so I would suggest low, like 0.25% to start.

Other Hangsen flavors I love like Italian Cream is a low mixer for me, about 0.50% on average.

Caramel Toffee around 1% or maybe a little more, 2% tops usual for me.

Hangsen tends to have flavors that can overwhelm other’s if used to high. Best to start off low, then add as needed.

6 Likes

What I have is:
Cream
Strawberry
Vanilla
Coffee
Banana
Cinnamon

Thought I had cherry but must have decided against that.

3 Likes

As a mix or a SFT?
Should I make a dilution in PG to use it that low… if so, what ratio would work best?

3 Likes

In a mix, usually with another cream but can work as the main cream, it is going to be potent. It just depends on how you like it, some love it, some…not so much. I tend to use it low, not as the main cream but to add some texture to other creams. 1 drop per 10ml is not a bad starting point.

6 Likes

I have added it to some other mixes I made that were a bit sharp. Only used tiny amounts but it did have a weird, but not unpleasant taste. I will try it with a SFT really low when I get a chance and see how I will use it. Your idea of texture sounds good.

4 Likes

That should instantly suggest that they dilute them. (whether it’s PG/water/or whatever, the point is, they are basically admitting they dilute the product IMO)

Regardless, cases such as this are where I would strongly recommend that the buyer does single flavor tests (if they need to establish a baseline for these products, from this vendor)

4 Likes

Not enough mainstream vendors carried them (for the longest time)

4 Likes

Hence the question, it is a big difference to what is in the database. Will do some testers starting low and see where they are at.

4 Likes

@Ianc13 do me a favor, drop the flavors you are talking about so I can see them, and offer help.

3 Likes