I need help finding a flavor

I’m trying to figure out a flavor in my favorite adv juice. It’s a house juice, a vanilla cream dessert type. From a fresh bottle the flavor tastes like plastic and it’s very noticeable, it sticks with you and changes to a lighter flavor I can’t quite place. Please help.

4 Likes

Welcome @Hillcountryblues. I can’t think of any vanilla creams that present as plastic out of the gate. You can search here, or over on the recipe side for additional info …

https://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/search?q=vanilla%20cream

4 Likes

Thank you so much, I can’t help but wonder if its fa meringue. I’ve never tried it but everything I’ve looked up kind of points to it because of the light eggy flavor. I started mixing 5 months ago and this has become an obsession. There’s no tellin’ how many flavors I’ve bought, tasted, and threw back in the box.

4 Likes

Well if it’s eggy, and custard-like, may be Cap’s Vanilla Custard in there.

4 Likes

I’ve tried v1and v2 even cap french vanilla that if you use milk to knock the edge off it’s the same vanilla that cap custard has. It’s more of a Pudding than anything. And I’ve tried flv vanilla pudding (and custard). It’s hard to explain what it tastes like but all the custards are too heavy. Thank you

4 Likes

I think it’s going to be an accent flavor,something that’s just on top of the base.

3 Likes

Have you tried TPA Vanilla Custard ?? It thinner than Caps

4 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

3 Likes

Could the plastic taste be from a coconut in the mix? I have a problem with that before it is steeped for a while…

3 Likes

Oh I wish. I have plenty of them. It is so hard to explain the taste. I thought the vanilla would have the plastic taste but now I don’t know what it could be. I’ve still got to figure out what light vanilla it is.

2 Likes

Exactly my thoughts Fiddy @fidalgo_vapes a layer of TPAs French Vanilla Deluxe paired with Vanilla Custard II and a touch of FA Coconut slightly sweet prob too good, might also be a touch of TPA Coconut Extra that’s a bit plasticky then it fades kept low though

2 Likes

Vanilla Custard II is a very nice flavor , i was talking about the Original TPA VC …OP has tried V1 and 2 Of Cap and said everything they have tried was too heavy …From what I remember the TPA VC original was much thinner than the Cap

Love love love the TPA VC II though

4 Likes

Definitely TPA VC is lighter and weird… :joy:

3 Likes

I used it early in my mixing journey . I started to use TPA VIC and got the pepper note , after that the VC started tasting peppery

3 Likes

You know you’re right? The first time I bought VBIC I thought, what are they talking about? It’s light but good, on the second batch I bought, I got the bitter pepper taste… never bought again and went to LB… no coming back

3 Likes

Tfa french vanilla deluxe have a pudding quality to it at higher percentage iirc.

2 Likes

Interesting, I am currently doing a SFT on this at 6% and am not getting much from it. I actually think CAP French Vanilla at 5% has pudding characteristics. What do you class as “higher percentage” so I can test?

2 Likes

I just tried the coconut, that might be it. Thank y’all so much. I never would have tried the coconut. Now I goTta go back and try vanillas.

3 Likes

Not might, it almost certainly is.

3 Likes

Which coconut has the most plastic taste

4 Likes