I QUIT Smoking by VAPING. The DATE, My STORY

I am on day 35 without a cigarette and still struggle like mad!! Bought my first mixing kit and have no idea where to start so if someone would like to come up with a biscuity recipe for me that would be great :rofl::rofl: well done to everyone who has quit! Doesnā€™t it feel great!?

6 Likes

Congratulations!

4 Likes

Well done: It is not easy at the start and you will still have moments when youā€™ll want a cigarette for years.

If you need recipe help, then just ask: What do you want with biscuit and on what device?

(I am instantly pondering Biscotti (Flavorah), Speculoos (CSC) and Charlie (Molinberry) as a base for a quitter).

5 Likes

@Tiffany95 First, congrats on making it do day 35. Today is my 8 year quit anniversary and I could not have done it without vaping. So glad you found us and are starting to DIY. In time, you will find some recipes (maybe your own) that will be true pleasures to vape. And, in time, you may find the smell of tobacco smoke to be awful (I sure do). I canā€™t imagine ever going back, which is why vaping is so important to meā€¦and a VERY fun hobby. Better for my health, (sometimes) better for my wallet, and just plain fun !!

8 Likes

Thanksā€‹:grin:sooo I am absolutely in love with dinner ladyā€™s lemon tart it is my ALL time favourite!!! Just expensive when you vape as much as me :rofl:. I love biscuit base flavours. Not a fan of fruity but lemon is ok.

5 Likes

This may not be an exact clone but is my version.

10 Likes

Not mine

8 Likes

Hi all, my post will be so far down on the list Iā€™m sure no one will read it or care but here goes my story: I started I mean really started at 12, got up to 2 packs a day by 18 and I was like I donā€™t want to stop, no one Can make me stop so just leave me alone about it. My son would occasionally come home and say my clothes smell like smoke and im getting teased about it but it never really hit me. My fiancĆ© and I lived in this little one bedroom (my son right next to it in a motor home, that didnā€™t run) my fiance and I smoked 5 packs a day in that little 1 bedroom for 10 years. We broke up, and many months passed by and I bought my first home. When I first started packing up to move I took pictures off the walls thats where everything hit me there was nicotine dripping off my walls it was absolutely gross. I vowed I would never smoke in my new home. We had a few months to pack waiting to get into our new house and it was winter when we were going to go into the new house. I started experimenting first it was Blu, then a few others but I can say 3 days before my sons birthday I never picked up another cigarette I vape every day, I make my own which is very cheap, most people Iā€™m around donā€™t even know I do it. Ive been in and out of the hospitals for bone issues they have rarely caught me and when they do I educate them and they let me continue. It wasnā€™t until so so many years later that I learned my son was picked on daily and had such a horrible school experience because of my not listening or really hearing him but I truly left a scar on my son. Donā€™t be stupid donā€™t ruin your kids lives over this, it took me many tries to find the perfect fit for me but now that I have I really would never go back and hurt my son like that or ruin my walls and my lungs (at that time). Make your own its so much cheaper and you can make it anyway you like and I know it doesnā€™t have all the really bad chemicals in it pg, vg, nicotine and 7 leaves, taste like a Marlboro and can make 20 bottles that last nearly a year that would be the same as buying a carton that would last less than a week. Once you find your flavor donā€™t mess around anymore unless you just like different flavors. Im so much more im happy Iā€™ve stopped. I wished I hadnā€™t done that to my son, he is scarred for life because of me and I feel just feel so awful for that.

15 Likes

@Cindy_H Congrats on your success. It is HUGE !!

4 Likes

Thank you Cary 1 I didnt think anyone would even read my storyā€¦ These people who think vaping is so bad really need to read these stories. I totally get it they should never try to make all these cool flavors (pre-made for kids to try and get hooked on them) but they forget to add how many people who have quit because of them and how much better the world is because of it (no more harmless babies breathing in that stuff and still smoking in their homes and causing difficulties for so many. I did forget to add my quit date which was April 29th 2013 so here I am close to 10 years and never looked back. Sometimes you need a hard dose of reality (the black tar dripping off my walls), even after my son said he was getting teased it didnā€™t stop me. I think because he didnā€™t make it a big deal (I really wished he had, it would have opened my eyes even sooner) I will never forgive myself over that but hey we canā€™t go back only forward and my body feels so much better. I bet everyone will say the same. Have a nice day and hope you have a good story to share if so tell me your post number and Iā€™ll be sure to look it up. My fellow quiters im proud of all of us!

7 Likes

Well, I shall give mine belatedly.

Are you sitting comfortably? If not, why not?

In Cheshire I was born, and coincidentally raised.
Though knowledge filled most of my days.
I smoked for 20 years, and yes your ears got it clear.
Then an alternative floated - right into my ear.

Vaping, was claimed:
To hit all my fixes and,
fulfil all my aims.
Yes, itā€™s delicious.

So, I stopped all the toking,
In no way Iā€™m joking:
And Became the wild Squirrel:
The one whoā€™s still blendinā€™

I couldnā€™t resist going down the road of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

7 Likes

My story, I was 13 years old when i had my first cigarette, my best friend and i found a pack of Marlboro menthols on the ground walking around one night and decided to try it. Every other adult i knew back then smoked, i was around it my whole life. That was 1985 when i had my first cigarette.
Fast forward to May of 2013, my wife and i where at a demo derby event, by now i had been smoking 27 years, most of those years where menthols. I was sitting in the stands and in the row in front of me i saw a guy vaping on an Ego style vape pen. Me being the curious person i am and a social butterfly as my wife likes to say, i decided to ask the guy about what he had. We talked for about 45 minutes, he even gave me a business card to a vape shop by where he lived. The track we where at was 45 minutes away from my house and the vape shop was an hour away from me. I went home that night and kinda forgot about the conversation we had over the next month or so. Until August of that same year, i was sleeping and i woke that morning on my back in bed and I couldnā€™t breathe, i was gasping for air, when I finally caught my breath I looked at my wife and said i need to quit smoking, i was tired of not being able to breathe. The next week or so I researched everything the guy had told me. Got in my car drove an hour away from my house to the vape shop and thatā€™s the day I quit smoking for good. Through out my smoking years, I tried everything they had to help quit, nothing worked until I went to that vape shop, got my first device and ejuice, RY4 and something called Kryptonite, thatā€™s when i knew I found what worked for me. It took me about a week and a half to find the right device, tank and nic level. After that i was rocking and rolling, a vape shop had opened up closer to my house and i was on my way!! Learned how to build coils, found out I really like MTL style vaping and just this month i am starting to DIY my own juice now. I wish the powers that be would really listen to people like us about how this industry has saved a lot of our lives and our families lives. But maybe iā€™m just wishful thinking. I loved reading the stories here and i am happy to share mine with my fellow vapers. Peace and love. :muscle:t2: And keep on vaping my friends!!
Russ

11 Likes

Good to hear that you are doing well and enjoying DIY. Always good to hear from people like you that have found a good replacement for combustible cigarettes

6 Likes

Smoking is injurious to healthā€¦ we hear that a lot but how to get rid of this habit is a whole another matter. My family, specially my wife and kids are quite concern about my chain smoking habit and often complain about the the way i smell too smokey. Even my friends donā€™t want to hang out with me because I smoke too much. One of my family friend advice me to switch to vaping as it quite non smelly and healthy as compare to your traditional nicotine filled cigarettes. At first, I was reluctant to try then i order some from vape shop. when I started using vaping I found myself addicted to it and want to discover new tastes and flavors they are seem to come up with every now and then. I also tried different variant of vaping like mods and coils etc.

Hence I found myself quite fresh and healthy as compare to my previous smoking habits and my family even approves of it. I recommend the vaping to all wanna-get-rid-of-smoking-habit to anyone who are smoke addict and even to non-smokers who are opting for safer version of smoke aka vaping.

11 Likes

Welcome to the community and glad you found vaping to be a sufficient substitute for smoking. I celebrated 8 years smoke free this past September and am so grateful vaping worked and continues to keep me smoke free. Hope you find DIYā€™ing a fun hobby to add to your vape experience.

5 Likes

Lately it looks as if anywhere I look, a person is vaping as they stroll by, stand out of doors a store, or roll up withinside the vehicle subsequent to me at a stoplight. Itā€™s now no longer surprising: e-cigarette use, or vaping, has emerge as remarkably famous in current years. About 6% of adults withinside the US now record vaping. Thatā€™s approximately 15 million people, double the quantity from simply 3 years ago. Of course, normal cigarettes are regarded to motive most cancers and a bunch of different fitness problems.
While taken into consideration much less dangerous than smoking tobacco, vaping isnā€™t risk-free. We recognise some, however now no longer all, of its risks. We additionally recognise vaping is more and more more famous amongst young adults and younger adults, and this makes the current FDA declaration authorizing income of 3 extra vaping merchandise surprising.

6 Likes

Welcome to ELR @David_Leo.

2 Likes

Pretty sure @David_Leo is trying to promote his website. Talking about usa vaping stats but he is in liverpool :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

1 Like

one more storyā€¦born, grown up and start smoking in Switzerland, then start mixing at 16, tobacco with a lot of stuff, prohibition, then continue all that, tobacco and more for 37 years, moved and married in Nepal sometime in between, then with an Ego vape kit i quit everything in one second ! ā€œunbelievableā€, even me i could not believe it, like this with some Chinese RY4 and the Ego clone kit ! pshiiiiiiit finiiiiiiiish !
and never a single cigarette again. then the American juice and the material craziness (China is very close), and the American juice coming by mail or the amazingly-expensive local vapeshop.
and then, recently iā€™ve been to my liquid dealer, to get some liquid, and i saw at the back of the store some old small bottles of the famous Black Note, can i see one ? " Yep but they are out of date" the seller told me, How come ? ā€œI donā€™t like themā€ was the answer, so i ask if I could get one for freeā€¦ (Iā€™m customer for years in that shop), ā€œok, give me 10$ onlyā€ he told meā€¦ WTF, 10$ for a 30ml out of date bottleā€¦
So he will never see me again and cause of him, i decide to start to make my own juices, so now Iā€™m starting to mix (again ā€¦!)ā€¦ and thatā€™s why Iā€™m here !
so that is my first message ā€¦ hello to all of You, thank you for all your recipes, I already try to replicate some, thank to this site and all the recommendations ā€¦
Love to all of You
and sorry for destroying your language :crazy_face:

16 Likes

A history worthy of a fireside tale (Switzerland to Nepal with stumbling across a wife sounds like one of my youthful weeks). Donā€™t worry about your English: youā€™re perfectly clear to me.

Welcome to the community.

6 Likes