I QUIT Smoking by VAPING. The DATE, My STORY

@izkolouk a very nice read. Don’t worry, I destroy English FAR MORE than you do.

7 Likes

@izkolouk Thanks for sharing your story with us. I also started with an Ego style vape kit and store bought juice more than 8 years ago. Been smoke and tobacco free since the day after I started vaping. I call it a miracle. I’m still a pretty simple guy with simple needs, so I get by with a few types of mods, a few types of tanks (though I primarily use one type, Kanger Subtank Mini) and have been mixing my own juice since December 2020. I can’t see myself returning to smoking or returning to store bought juice.

And don’t sweat the language. English is my first language and I am still known for skewering it at times.

8 Likes

Congratulations!
You did just fine with the language :grinning:

5 Likes

thank you all for your reply, make me feel good.

I’m very happy to meet you here.

Enjoy your day

with Love

8 Likes

Just a quick story, i’ve never introduced myself so here ya go

Started vaping in back in 2010 to get off the cigarettes, tried all other methods to quit and nothing worked. I quit overnight with a 510 cartomizer and still vaping 12 years later. It turned into more of a hobby for me, building coils, testing mods/attys, etc…

As far as mixing goes, I just started about 6 months ago. I was a chef for 20 years. Developed and tested recipes for a large restaurant group for about 10 years and was an executive chef at local restaurant for another 10. Covid shut my restaurant down, so I had some extra time on my hands. Figured I already had tons of knowledge and experience mixing ingredients, so why not? :smiley:

14 Likes

All but the timeline of age, you pretty much told my whole story from start to finish. I’ve been vaping for ~ 7yrs years. I finally quit this past month completely maybe due to the winter in MASS. now the cigarettes repluse me and I LOVED my :dromedary_camel: kamel reds :dromedary_camel:
I too have raynauds since I was young. started smoking at 12 I’ll be 40 next month. don’t know if my Raynaud’s Has gone away… But it’s better my hands looked exactly like yours and feet were worse, blue. Every Girlfriend I Ever Had … Had to get used to my cold touch.
I never thought the day would arise that the taste of a cigarette would make me sick and I don’t smell like a stink butt. I now realize what that smelled like,if sitting next to somebody who does (no judgment)
I always wanted that cigarette between the cigarette…that’s what vape gave me.
Until recently I don’t know what it was that made me quit, struggled with DIY for a long time .
putting too much flavor or too much sweetener … then trying to balance it out and ultimately ruining it. And with a complex mix that I didn’t have a recipe for it was almost impossible just dumping flavors in. Chasing what VW refered to as Pink candy. from everybody else’s recipes of vanilla strawberry watermelon sour. I get a good mix but not what I got from VW.
I used the last straw formerly pinkle twinkle exclusively for like 5 years. I’ve gotten close enough in my DIY to be satisfied. it’s not perfect but it’s close. ended up being more of a pink² from milkman recipe (which I haven’t tried the commercial brand). And an experiment of heating up the PG flavor combination prior to mixing it with the base VG 100% 6 mg Nic base. Something about warming it in front of my space heater for 5 minutes or so really brought the Bavarian and sweet and the Taffy together immediately and I’m guessing without degradation to the nicotine because it wasn’t there yet.
Bavarian cream tfa
Sweet cream tfa
Strawberry Taffy cap
Tfa sweetner.
I’m not sure if this the right place to put it but I saw the initial post from joker I think and I figured I’d add since I haven’t added or contributed and quite some time to the site that was so welcoming to me like session drummer and mJag and others.
I do auto repair for a living… used to be winded just from jacking up the front end of a car but not anymore it boggles my mind to see how they decimated The vaping industry but I almost get it because it’s very confusing and it took me a very long time to figure stuff out initially coils tanks mods single battery dual battery built-in battery mech the list goes on and that has nothing to do with DIY!
I don’t know how to end this but I’m just happy there’s a forum like this thank you to its creator (s)
And all those kind folk who took their time to help me out of the kindness of their heart! Please let me know if this is in the wrong area as I’m not one to go on forums much

13 Likes

@Wyckmix @D-a-M-o-N Thanks to each of you for sharing your vape and mixing journeys with us. Much appreciated.

4 Likes

@Cary1 Thank you and everyone :triumph::dash::metal:

6 Likes

Another vaping saved my life story.

First ciggy at around age 9. I vividly remember puking my guts up out of my bedroom window. Progressively smoked more and more until I was a full-blown smoker at 17 when I join the army. Carried on smoking for the next 25 years, finally found my brand with American Spirit Yellow buying a carton at a time. Had half heartedly wanted to finish smoking and gave up here and there for a few months at a time but always went back to the smoke. My real motivation to quit smoking was when my son was born and I said to myself how awful it would be for me to die of smoking and lose the respect of my son for that.

I decided to try vaping with a cig-a-like Innoken device, with the glowing red or blue tip. I lived in the UK but I ordered all of my juices from Freedom Smoke USA. I decided to start vaping when I went to work offshore on an oil rig and that day I started vaping was the day I quit smoking.

It was like magic, no withdrawals no fuss. I became quite the vape advocate from then on. However many of my friends never were able to take up the vaping and off the cigs. Whereas I remember once walking through the duty-free in the airport and almost retching at the thought of the cigarettes just by looking at them in their shiny packets.

For the last six months I’ve been completely off the nicotine and just puff for the enjoyment of it.

Thanks to Mr Hon Lik, you have saved so many human years.

13 Likes

Great story, and welcome to ELR @Charlie28.

6 Likes

Well I just started thinking about it and realized, it’s been five years this month. Still vape, still mix at 1mg nicotine. I had to go back and look at my post here to remember how long it had been. Just happened to be the right month for the five year anniversary!

Don’t miss the smokes. Hopefully all of you that I’ve known over the years are still around and smoke free.

10 Likes

Congratulations @Cubano_v2.

5 Likes

Pfsst, your writing is absolutely fine. And welcome to ELR, happy you’ve joined us.

4 Likes

Congrats, Cubano. I don’t believe we’ve met but it’s nice to meet you and I hope you show yerself more frequently.

4 Likes

Great story, congratulations. I wish a certain loved one of mine would have that experience.

5 Likes

Thanks so much for your kind welcome.

4 Likes

Thanks muth, it was the shame of having my son think I was an idiot for committing slow suicide by smoking that spurred me along.

5 Likes

Welcome to our mad group: I get your story: a mirror of mine.
:

6 Likes

Send me a message if you need it: The change from vape from smokes is a big step and can take years.

5 Likes

Thanks brother. I joined xmas day 2018 but have only just got on the forum. Very nice people so far!

Best of health to you.

5 Likes