I QUIT Smoking by VAPING. The DATE, My STORY

I started vaping in 2016 and quit with real cigarettes (i was around 20-25 daily) in one day. I really wanted to quit but i had no idea how and i had no idea what was vaping. Thanks to a friend I bought a q16, really basic kit and i moved from 20 cigs to 0 in one day vaping at 9 mg. After quitting and give my body time to heal after many years of smoke, i started doing cardio and I lost around 25-20 kg of weight. At the end of 2017 in Italy we got a huge taxation on nicotine, so i quitted using it both for saving money but also because i did not want to be a slave of it.

Currently I run 5 times at week 7-8 kms, when i was a smoker it was difficult ever do stairs. No more headcache, never out of breath, my clothes and skin does not smell bad. I still feel guilty for starting smoking when i was a teen and for not trying to quit and discover vaping before.

I keep vaping only for the passion and because i like it. I vape aroud 4ml of eliquid without nicotine daily in MTL. Never wanted to light a real cigarette again and i hate the smell of smoke.

12 Likes

Thatā€™s a great story @Infinium1, glad you found us.

6 Likes

Thanks much for sharing your story. Always great to hear another ā€œquit smokingā€ story. We are the lucky ones !!

4 Likes

Good morning ā€œvaporentā€ friendsā€¦kkkkā€¦ Iā€™m a newbie in the world of Vape, but the best thing I did was change the stinker for Vape. Since April 1, 2022, I started vaping and quit smoking. I started with a renew zero and nicsalt 50mg/ml, then I bought a Luxe II and an OXVA - Arbiter 28mm RTA Dual Coil. Itā€™s been about 3 months since I started learning about the vape worldā€¦ Building coils, ohmā€™s law, different types of atomizers, PODs, MODs, and then I discovered DIY, here in Brazil itā€™s not very widespread but I looked for foreign videos and found ELR. I fell in love with the art of developing your own recipes. I am no expert in this art but I believe that every day I learn more. Both with the tips Iā€™m getting from many here and through trial and error. I hope I can help new mixers like me one day. And thank you in advance for the help Iā€™ve had from some and for the help Iā€™m still going to have! Hugs to all, stay with God! Peace and good clouds!!!

9 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes

6 Likes

Well done at quitting and keeping tobacco free: It isnā€™t easy but partners, wallets, and your organs all appreciate it.

Also, advising others to be informed is something I love - That gains you a lot of credit in my book.

(Getting to 9am without a new nonsense to defuse is a miracle day for me).

7 Likes

Isnā€™t that an issue to flag in a PM when no other evidence is to hand?

4 Likes

Itā€™s advertising. Too many signs of a bot. Join date and post date are pure AI signs.

It had two posts and AI has gotten so good then the advertisement bomb. Should have been flagged earlier but gave the benefit of the doubt. Will see if someone objects but havenā€™t seen AI postā€™s object yet.

5 Likes

After posting I spotted the collection of hidden posts.

At this rate, we need an entrance test. The age verification for Leisure Suit Larry springs to mind.

7 Likes

The system also brought it up so 9.9 times outta 10 when the systwm flags something is wrong.

4 Likes

If so, why are accounts not instantly flagged and made hidden pending a review?

3 Likes

Itā€™s still a open forem. Itā€™s easy to block the account (all posts) once established.

5 Likes

Thats a question for the people who built the program we useā€¦It is what it is . I dont worry or question why something is what it is unless I can change it .

4 Likes

Then we are just accepting the flawed status quo: Have you considered joining the ministry?

3 Likes

Yep just accepting how the software works . Since your concerned and worried about it , What are you doing about it ? NOTHING because you cant and neither can I so Why worry

4 Likes

4 Likes

Exactlyā€¦Why worry when you can be happy

2 Likes

Ok. All is Double Plus Good. Airstrip One understands.

4 Likes

Odd that you know the name of my fatherā€™s fourth boat.

4 Likes

Wonderful story @Mowgli ! And congratulations for not only yourself but for helping so many others.

4 Likes