I swear I can taste the vegetable glycerin and its driving me nuts

I bought a new vegetable glycerin and I swear I can taste it in every juice I make its this weird sweet taste I can’t quite describe and its driving nuts… I actually stuck my finger in the vg pure and tasted it and its super sweet it actually tastes like simple syrup. I didnt get this before??? its rebottled so the label just says that its vg and its kosher, and when I say I can taste it I mean its overpowering everything its pretty much all I taste :frowning:

2 Likes

Are you in the US?

1 Like

No im in Canada

1 Like

Always purchase highest quality VG / PG and avoid any unwanteds…

1 Like

Yeah I shouldnt have added the low cost vg to my cart but I was buying other things and needed vg (thats what I get for trying to save on shipping lol) wishing I had tried 1 and put it to steep instead of assuming that all vg was the same and mixing as per usual :frowning: but oh well thats a lesson I wont soon forget lol.

1 Like

Where did you buy it and what is it derived from there is Palm and soy. As far as I know anyway there may be more. Essential depot offers both, Nicotine River uses Palm, that I think is what we are all used to. I just tasted both ED and NR and can’t tell the difference in them.

Afterthought they do both have a sweet taste to them

1 Like

yeah the vg I was using before had a sweet taste as well, this is much much much sweeter with an odd flavour to it I can’t quite place and that flavour over powers everything the sweet I dont mind so much since I love really sweet vapes anyway… I got it from first choice vapor. I checked their site and its palm based I have no idea what the other one was and their site doesnt say… Im just going to grab vg this week and give all these juices I mixed 15, 30 ml bottles (ouch) to my brother as im sure he will vape them lol

VG does add a bit of sweetness but it should not be overpowering. Sounds as if you got a batch of bad VG (not necessarily bad, just bad for vaping). Wish I could point you in the right direction, but outside of the US, I’m lost (no pun intended).

1 Like

Yeah its not the sweetness its this odd taste thats throwing it off its making things ive mixed before and loved just gross and they all taste the same… you know something is off when melons and cinnamon rolls taste the same… when you say bad batch of vg do you think i should throw all the juice i made with it out rather than let my brother vape it? (he vapes my rejects normally, cause he is cheap lol)

1 Like

That really sucks. Hope you didn’t buy a ton of it. Can you buy a bit of some at your local drug store and maybe thin it out? My local Rite-Aid has it but it isn’t very cost effective. Thin it, vape it without any flavoring and see if you can get a usable ratio. I’d try that out and see how that works until you can replace it.

its only 1000 ml of it anyway so like $20 so im just going to pitch it… I really really hate the odd taste so i don’t want to keep tasting it while i play around trying to fix it… I mostly annoyed that I lost a week and half of steeping on two of my favorite juices that i have run out of and was anxiously waiting on… but oh well its not like I have nothing to vape I have a few hundreds ml’s of good juice still from the previous stuff and probably 60ml left of my beloved 12 monkey o-rangs from when i treated myself :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I see no way it can harm you [or your brother]
If he will vape it, then it’s not wasted.

1 Like

Bonus, I hate wasting things :slight_smile: and he will certainly vape it… he is always carting off any juices i dont love

3 Likes

must be a little brother my sister used to pawn all kinds of things off on me.
…^…insert big here

1 Like

lol yeah he is my little brother in all fairness he has always said any juices i dont like he will gladly take and he really does vape them lol… and when he comes to get them he ends up leaving with a loaf of fresh baked bread, and some freezer meals of homemade food I have made for him so don’t feel too sorry for him lol

4 Likes

Lemme guess is 12 monkey o-rangs banana orange

its a really sweet fruit loops (that actually tastes exactly like them)

2 Likes

If you like really sweet vapes I’ve got one I think you’d like. Let me go and check if I’ve put it out there yet. I use all you good people as an excuse to make me list my recipes. I procrastinate procrastinating when it come to putting them up and I don’t know why I just do

2 Likes

This is naturally sweet and so yummy. I’ve found myself vaping it most of the day lately