I want a cigarette!

It’s been almost 6 years since I’ve smoked a cigarette. For the first time in a really long time, I really, REALLY want one.

3 Likes

I said the same thing this morning. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Don’t do it!

You can have one… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:… but you have to promise all of us you will only take one drag and then snuff it out by sticking the cigarette up your left nostril. :rage:

3 Likes

Think I’m gonna pass, then. Thanks! LoL

5 Likes

Pass, cause it will taste horrible and you will wonder why you even wanted it.

A cig after a while without is horrible in a way. You might like the feeling from all the chemicals that you don’t get from nic, that headrush, that full on swoon, if it happens…

But then that awful charred taste and smell you might try to blow your nose and rinse your sinus to get rid of it. It is disgusting! You might feel filthy from the inside and out. It might not be worth it.

These were what I felt last time I smoked. I couldn’t get the nasty out of my nose! So gross!

Why did I smoke for 27 years? WTH?

I wonder why I even wanted it, needed it, loved it

Addiction in the worst way.

4 Likes

For serious! It’s pretty awful. It’s so funny, usually I can’t stand the smell, especially if someone’s been smoking in the house downstairs. But every once in awhile on my way into class someone will be standing outside smoking a cigarette and I’ll want one because of the smell.

3 Likes

At work, I vape with the smokers every day. I am not gonna say it always stinks. It will smell good sometimes, IMHO. It is just that it will be bad if you try. It was 27 years for me and I really love tobacco.

But a smoke after a while without is just gross IME. Or even worse is smelling the residue on a person or your own things if you stay at their house when they smoke. Just gross!

1 Like

Don’t do it , you’ll hate yourself in the morning !

Yup… same here girl. BUT, the craving is fleeting after 3 years of not smoking, thank goodness. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hmm, i don´t understand the excitement. Sometimes i smoke a cigarette, once a month or so. Mostly when my mum smokes. It tastes disgusting and i remember that vaping is much better for me. That´s it. No more cravings.

6 Likes

I learned something the other day from the very kind man that owns the Vape shop I just started frequenting. Nicotine in itself IS NOT addicting. It’s all the additives the Tobacco companies add to their cigs to addict you to their brand. I was shocked. He said when I finally put down my cigs it will take 4 or 5 days of cravings even with the Vape. He said it will be much easier though because you still get a nicotine high from the vape. He also told me that my body will tell me when to lower my Nicotine usage. He said when the vapes taste like pepper it’s my body telling me it’s time to lower. He said it may never tell you. My wife vapes and she has mentioned the pepper taste. Interesting.

3 Likes

There are substances in cigs that make nicotine more addictive but it is also in itself addictive. From all the studies I have read it is about as dangerous as caffeine (perhaps a little more addictive than caffeine).

I would say to this that if you taste pepper it is not your body telling you to lower your nicotine it is more than likely it is because the nicotine has gone bad and you should get some new nic or ditch the juice.

6 Likes

There is no problem in dual use, if somebody want to quit. When i started to vape, i smoked too, but only a few cigarettes a day. It was a big sucess for me to lower from 30 cigs to only 4-5 a day. After a few weeks i smoked only 1 cig a week. It´s not a either or, that make to much pressure, every cigarette that isn´t smoked is a win. And yes, your body will tell you, when it´s time to lower your nic.

If you get your satisfaction, don´t lower your nic. Geting cravings - higher nic level may help. I vape for nearly 3 years now and my favorite is the Flash e Vapor with 18mg e juice, Toffee single flavour. Great flash!

3 Likes

I would not say the nic is bad … speaking from experience of going from 24 to 3 nic over past 2 yrs . When it was time for me to drop . My vaping slowed but I could also taste the nic… pepper taste does come close to the taste… same nic at lower % is just fine…

After vaping 3 nic for past 4 days … and going back to vaping my 6 nic juice I can taste the higher nic level…

Edit: time to give away my 6nic juice to friends

1 Like

When nicotine oxidizes it can get a peppery taste. More nicotine = faster oxidation = more pepper

Peppery or harsh taste is usually caused by old or cheaply extracted Nicotine solution.

2 Likes

Tbh, i did not know you could taste nic…
I always vape 3mg, 6mg when i started but quickly whent to 3mg because 6 was to harsh for me…
To me, the more heavy, the more harsh , but a taste i cannot realy tell …

I agree, I could not do without cigarettes when I smoked. Now I vape and I do have a habit, but if I forget my vape I can go for hours without it. When I smoked I would have to stop and get a pack to get my fix immediately. I quit for 10 years, and during that time every time I drank a beer or drove a car I would wish (strongly) that I had a cig. I would constantly slap my shirt pocket to look for a pack of ciggs, even for the 10 years I was quit. I love the effect of nicotine in my vape but its a mild habit not an addiction. I vape 9mg juice and vape 4-8 ml daily, I get the effect but I feel I could easily quit cold turkey without a severe nicotine withdrawal period. It took a lot of willpower to quit ciggs (and gum lozenges patches and atomic fireballs). anyone having a dual habit should IMO dig deeper to the willpower, grab their vape, and avoid those nasty ciggs. Vaping is obviously safer and I’m qualified to say that based on my 40 year smoking habit, and my new vaping hobby.

I am also beginning experimentation with the new high mg, low wattage devices like the ECO and EDGE by Joyetech. vaping 27mg!

3 Likes

“yeah, hi, my name is DarkJester89, and I uh… I collect small vials of flavor concentrates and really tiny screwdrivers, and I blow sick clouds that taste like strawberry and sweet sweet raspberry.”

1 Like

We should have a vapor-oholic thread!
oh yeah, its the new member introduction page!
But I still say you would have to be way over the top to be spending more on vaping than ciggs!

2 Likes