Ice Cream Help

Agree with all the above, LB VIC is the king, I find in recipes you can sub TFA VBIC 1:1 with LB if you add around 1% vanilla swirl. The HS is hard to get a hold of, so I haven’t tried the ice cream trinity. However if you want a simple alternative that is closer to TFA VBIC without the pepper taste, try FW VBIC.

2 Likes

That would probably be really good it’s really good with strawberry ripe 3% shisha strawberry is inaw 1.5-2% even 1 % depends how strong u like ur strawberry

2 Likes

There is something in a hand full of flavors that when vaped a pepper note is in the liquid , this same pepper note also comes out in some nicotine when vaped … For me it’s TPA Vanilla Custard and VBIC , also LB VIC above 3.7pct …

4 Likes

Wow! Thank you all so much! Sounds like I should try Liquid Barn and/or Bull City as well as Wizard Labs for my flavors. Any other must haves from those two sites?

3 Likes

Same here. I picked up some Flavorah Vanilla Bean, which isn’t an ice cream but just the flavor and it also does a nice job as an enhancer for other vanillas.

4 Likes

That would be a great choice for the added vanilla as well … And i think I habe that one will try it …

3 Likes

Try 3% VBIC, French Vanilla, 2%, 2% Vanilla Whipped Cream by Capella.

3 Likes

For me and the absolute creamiest base I could find out there is this:

This is just for a stone or base for me:

FW VBIC 10%
HS Italian Cream 2%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 2%
CAP Vanilla Custard 1%
TFA? Sweet Cream 1%

It comes out like home churned Ice cream with a thick mouth feel.

10 Likes

This looks interesting. What is your usage ratio (%) in a mix?

3 Likes

Depends on what the mix is supposed to be. I have used the stone as low as about 2% to just get a tiny bit of cream into a mix, such as the Coffee and Cream mix. Or 2% to add to a Butterscotch ripple mix for creamy butterscotch. The other would be a 5% to to add to strawberries and ripe strawberries for a good creamy strawberry mix.

Remember I am like a grandma when I mix. I mix by smell mostly. If it smells good to me I think it should be vapable. The nose has not led me astray.

5 Likes

Ok, thanx!

3 Likes

I truly was trying to be helpful. I just do not mix in an orthodox way.

4 Likes

What does ‘stone’ refer to? Still building up my mixology. :grinning:

4 Likes

A base flavor mix.

3 Likes

To expound on things a bit… It’s a combination of only flavors (meaning NO added PG/VG/nic etc) to create a ‘new’ flavor*, which is then treated as a single flavor in a recipe/mix.
*this can also be referred to as a ‘base’.

An example might be:

• ice cream stone: where you feel it’s necessary to combine say FLV cream, Cap vanilla custard, and TFA vanilla swirl to achieve your particular inclination of what makes a good ice cream flavor.

You then mix up a bottle of those 3 flavors, to use as a single ingredient (as opposed to having to grab three separate bottles of flavoring every time you want to mix up an ice cream recipe.
(The above creation makes the stone or base of the recipe. So you could then make a mint chocolate chip ice cream, or Rocky Road, or mango-lime… Etc, you have the ice cream part already done and ready to go for the next variation!)

Other common stones/bases are milk shake, strawberry, chocolate, and more.

Taking the above understanding, you can then understand what “One Shots” are.
Nothing more than a stone, combined in advance and bottled for sale to people who have little to no interest in actual DIY mixing, OR for those who just appreciate and welcome the convenience of grabbing only one bottle when it comes time to mix, instead 3, 6, 9, or even 12 flavors to make a recipe.

8 Likes

Thanks, you always explain things better than I can at times. Mine was just the cliff notes. Lol.

5 Likes

You were perfectly on target bud. I just kind of felt the urge to go a bit more in-depth considering how many recent additions we’ve had lately. :wink:

4 Likes

Got yah! Yeah there are a bit of new faces around.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Wow! You guys are wonderful! Looks like I have some shopping to do. I’ll be mixing up some of these ‘stones’ (or One Shots as I understood them before my post). So for shopping, I’ve been using Wizard Labs exclusively for my flavors. Other favorite sites? For reference, I’m a 69 year old guy and just started vaping last year and mixing not long after that. I like to say I’ve got a beer taste on a Champaign budget so cost is no object but some nuances of taste will be lost on me. Thanks again!

6 Likes