Ice Cream Help

Darn, your right, I should use capital letters when required. As a Canadian we’re just so damn polite. LOL Hope you don’t mind my warped sense of humour.
Thanks very much for the information. Helps a lot. I like custards and ice creams along with Banana flavour. Tough to get right.

4 Likes

“Base” can have more than one meaning. Don’t confuse the term with PG/VG which is also called Base.

5 Likes

Oh thank you. I saw that term used on the Fusion Flavours site I shop at. Premixes that you just add like 10% more base and the job’s complete. I like the term Stone. I’m really trying to mix my own. I’ve purchased a fair selection from the recipe side of this site. Live and learn is the best way.
Thanks again.

4 Likes

Try TheJuiceFairy’s suggestion she gave me in her facebook group. She said start at .25% each and add them in equal amounts as needed, up to 1% each. She said she’s experimented quite a bit, and this is the best way to get COLD without menthol. Plus she’s freaking brilliant with recipes. lol

lmao @MrVeryUncomfortableZen. It took me a sec but then I cracked up.

@Bruce8, I like Stone too, or One Shot. Makes it a little easier to identify.

3 Likes

You’re welcome. The forums, as well as the members here have a wealth of information you can learn from. Invest some reading time, learn single flavor testing and you’ll be well on your way.

5 Likes

Hardly waiting for Vanilla Ice Cream by Inawera (out this month with some other new flavors).

5 Likes

You think they are gonna nail this flavor ??? Im always up to try a new VIC , VIC and Cheesecake are always two flaves I cant say no to…

4 Likes

I have high hopes. They did a pretty good job with Custard which is complex flavor to make (and they have very good vanilla). I’d put both flavors in top 2 on the market which makes me believe their ice cream will be the same league (personally, i’d also say the same for their cheesecake). Fingers crossed for this one.

6 Likes

You make a very great point , one that can’t be argued …I now sit waiting thanx a lot :wink:

5 Likes

I’m happily vaping my face off with your Home Churned Ice Cream Stone, right now. I had to wait to get in my HS Italian Cream… this is AMAZING and super thick and floofy straight off the shake. I can’t wait to see what develops over time with this one. Also looking forward to trying VBIC TPA instead of FW and adding some LA Cream Cheese Icing as a stand alone cream flavor, perhaps try adding a French Vanilla flavor, also. And of course I’ll add the Ice Cream base to EVERYTHING. lol

I’m a big fan of a creamy vape, and NOT a huge fan of TPA Bavarian Cream, which is in a whole lot of em, so I’m always looking for alternatives.

Does anyone know a French Vanilla that’s considered better than others? I have CAP and TPA now, but if there’s one that everyone swears by, I’ll grab that before i get creative.

@Cat7 I’ll try Freshpies Vanilla Ice Cream that you recommended, next!

2 Likes

… Aaand I forgot the darn HS French Vanilla you recommended. Guess I answered my own question about the French Van. lol I’ll get it next order.

And someone was asking where you can buy Hangsen… Bull City Flavors carries a smallish selection of Hangsen, but some of their more popular flavors. I just got the Italian Cream, Chocolate Cream, and one or two others from them.

2 Likes

Try Jungle Flavors Bav Cream it is fantastic

4 Likes

Popped it in my cart. I’ll grab asap. Thanks!

5 Likes

OK. I tried 13 different mixes or single flavors from this subject. I’ve tried them all once and most a second time. I still can’t get much flavor out of any of them. Now I will admit I’m almost 70 and smoked for over 50 years so I only have two taste buds left and one of them is very sick. My goal is to find a stone I can add any flavor to for a Sundae type experience. Bubblegum Ice Cream anybody? Next I’ll start jacking up the flavors to see if that helps. My favorite single flavor is the Liquid Barn.

3 Likes

Vanilla swirl tfa is good IMHO, though it’s a bit “thin” for my taste. It need something to back it up.

1 Like

You could also be like me where I cannot taste creams very well. It’s a sad thing but yes I am a cream mute. The flavor is there but they just don’t translate to a cream taste…just a thin layer that I tell myself is cream…and when pushed starts to come out funky.

But yes. Lb is very good and down the road their cream and Vienna cream is worth trying.

3 Likes