Ice Cream that doesn't use LB

I’ve serious forgotten all the flavours I used to have, what they tasted like and what was good.

What I do know is, I only bought LB’s version because of the Hype and found it tasted kinda waxy, not being able to get what other ice cream (commercial) juices tasted like.

Can you guys give me a list of Stones or just individual flavours that have a nice rich taste? I have some Toffee/Butterscotch flavours and want a rich cream and vanilla flavour…

I remember having a Hangsen one, French Ice Cream, but not sure if that was good or not.

I am a Pepper taster so TPA VBIC is no good, but I haven’t noticed many notable others.

I may have to order from the UK, so I am open to the option of Custard Premiun as I found TPA VC2 to be kinda boring.

9 Likes

Wonder Flavours French vanilla thick with Wonder Flavours vanilla gelato will get you started. I like to add some vape train toffee ice cream as well.

8 Likes

I like VTA French Vanilla Ice Cream. But who am I🤣 but it has always done me good im actually doing a 2nd Vanilla Ice Cream LB test right now!! cuz idk how I’m feeling about it.
At 1st I thought it was great! &
Today… idk🤔

9 Likes

I’m gonna try this…%'s? What do you recommend?

4 Likes

I usually go 2% gelato 1% French vanilla. Hope you’re doing well. Nice to see you here.

9 Likes

I’ve got a ton of LB IC but lately have been using the SSA Ice Cream alot and really like it, the SSA Ice Cream Vanilla is good too.

9 Likes

Where do I find that stuff? Order Direct? I have 3 sites I go to and it wasn’t on Chef’s which I was certain I’d find it.

2 Likes

@anon44012888, @rocky is on to something here …

Sobucky Ice Cream Vanilla

Ice Cream Vanilla (SSA) 1.5% (10-11-20) – Deciding on what strength to mix this at after testing SSA’s Ice Cream @ 2% proved difficult. It smelled stronger in the bottle, so decided to drop 0.5% from the original Ice Cream. Even mixed down from their Ice Cream, this one presented as much more forward, and fuller. A lot of similarities to SSA’s Ice Cream but with more presence, and some nice Vanilla notes thrown in. The vanilla seemed close to a vanilla bean that was high enough in the mix to make itself known but not overpower the profile. Clean, accurate, and I actually think better than their Ice Cream. I love the fresh approach to an Ice Cream SSA has taken, as none of the somewhat off-putting sour or typical cream notes found in many other IC’s. One of the best I have tried. Even presenting stronger/fuller/richer than the regular Ice Cream, it isn’t as heavy handed as say LB’s VIC. Sweetness was lower than mid level, and I could see numerous uses for this one, as was the case with the Ice Cream. Moving this up on the scale for a fuller, richer, more flavorful experience than the regular IC. 8.95/10 .

Sobucky Ice Cream

Ice Cream (SSA) 2.0% (9-20-20) – I had to finish TWO tester tanks on this one, to try and nail down what was going on here. First things first, probably the BEST Ice Cream flavor I have tried to date. Not vanilla, not chocolate, no pepper, no BA, none of the typical creamy aftertastes that most of the other players have, BUT (ain’t there always a BUT ?), it was fairly subdued. I smelled this one in the bottle, and knew I’d have to mix it higher, and I did. Even at 2.0%, it was still very laid back. You could say weaker, but it felt laid back. As it stood, a delicious sweet ice cream, with no offensive notes, no heavy creameries, and very neutral. Now, despite this being as great as it was, it would be easy to overpower this in a mix, so mixing wise, some caution would be need to be used. It reminded me of a Chic Fil A (for you US members) ice cream. Very natural tasting, sweetness was a tick above mid level, and had an absolutely clean finish. Because SSA has a Vanilla Ice Cream which I have not tested, am wondering if it was as good, but stronger, maybe a pairing of the two to solidify, and anchor the base might work. Minor take offs, but ONLY for it’s laid back nature, NOT the flavor profile. Two tank fulls, and haven’t found an off note yet. 8.0/10.

Some more goody mcgoods …

Capella Milkshake

Milkshake (CAP) 4% (1-16-22) – In a word, WOW !!! I’ve got to give you more than that, right ? In many milkshake flavors I have tried, there was often a common “dairy” element, maybe even a “malted” element, that was used to simulate a “milkshake”, and I had expected it to be in this one as well. It wasn’t !!! This was exciting as that flavor/element/profile always seemed to be just a blah workaround. It wasn’t terrible, BUT, it always felt, “just kind of close”. Great thing for us, is that was NOT present here, and that really opened up the possibility for a newly new Milkshake for all of us. This presented as a very clean, and accurate Milkshake, BUT, without any typical vanilla, or malted profiles, which left it completely willing, and able to be molded into whatever you needed it to be. It was fairly creamy, and had good mouthfeel, but wasn’t the tops in either, but neither was lacking. For those of you in the US, it was VERY close to a Chick-Fil-A milkshake. Because it WAS lacking that aforementioned dairy/malted note, I could see almost unlimited uses for this flavor, and even as a solo, was pretty damned impressive. If you’ve been let down by other Milkshake flavors, or found yourself needing a clean, accurate one, this one should be on your list. It wasn’t buttery rich like LB’s VIC, but cleaner, like Sobucky’s Ice Creams. For my milkshake needs, even while not topping the ultra creamy or mouthfeel departments, I just couldn’t mark this one down. 4% left it full, rich, and just above mid-level sweet, and pushing it higher probably wouldn’t saturate it any more. Clean, crisp, neutral, accurate, without any off-putting notes. 10/10.

Molinberry Milkshake

Milkshake (Molinberry) 5% (2-13-21) – This one was a WOW right out of the gate. A clean milkshake with hints of Vanilla, and a delicious creamy mouthfeel that rode all the way through the vape. No off-putting notes in this one, and the texture and mouthfeel were very present and worked almost flavwlessly here. No sour notes, no BA, and the cream notes danced between a milk and then a cream. Quite an interesting vape. Completely convincing to its namesake, and might just be the best Milkshake I’ve tried. Slight, almost malted notes at the very end of the vape, but the entire vape up to that point was clean, sweet, and creamy. Worked through two tanks figuring something would rear it’s ugly head, but nothing did. If you want a great lightly vanilla-d milkshake with plenty of cream and milk, with good mouthfeel, this one WILL do it for you. The texture, and mouthfeel def. help sell it, and they sell it good. Will review my other notes, as there’s a lot of them, but this may just be the best MS yet. 10/10.

Now as far as the Whoop Ass Champion for CREAMY, and I don’t know if it will work for your specific purpose(s) would have to go to Hangsen, for their Italian Cream.

5 Likes

Some Strawberries, some yellow cake, some cheesecake, some ice cream and / or Milkshake? Sounds like a tasty treat

4 Likes

Just picked up the new Capella. Haven’t done much yet. Only the pineapple have I used in a mix.

3 Likes

@DayTimeFrank I’d be curious to hear what you think about it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The pineapple is thin and on the weaker side. Like the juice left at the bottom of those containers of cut pineapple you get at the store. Did get better after a steep up against 2 solid green yogurts that also grew but not a stand-alone pineapple as a main note. Will be a good accent or paired with another pineapple. Used it in a mix at 2.5%. Might be able to push it higher without any off notes.

5 Likes

The Hangsen French Vanilla Ice Cream has a good reputation but hard to get nowadays.

6 Likes

I concur with @muth. I use it to complement both LB and TPA. Unfortunately I haven’t seen a source for Hangsen here in the US since Bull City stopped carrying them.

6 Likes

https://www.diyvaporsupply.com/hangsen/

Unfortunately, but they’re the only US place I know of.

4 Likes

They have AN icecream here: Ice Cream Flavor Concentrate by Hangsen

That store also bought the formulas for all of Real Flavours concentrates off of that Walt fella, so if you miss Real Flavours that’s the place to get them

6 Likes

Chefs has the SSA, it’s listed under Super Aromas :ok_hand:

3 Likes

I just learned what “waxy” is! I’m like wtf this guy talking about? I’m like your a,waxy @anon44012888
Lol! Milk and caramel cream ssa! Lmao!:relaxed::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

I learned that word when the asian lady that was giving me a Brazilian said it, “Ok, let’s get waxy”

8 Likes

Duly noted. Thank you.

Good to know. Thank you.

3 Likes