Ideas for good mint and chocolate flavours for mint choc chip recipe

Hi peeps,

I tried a recipe for mint choc chip ice cream but it didn’t come out that great so I’m looking for ideas to improve it.

The recipe had a strong menthol taste but I couldn’t taste much chocolate or mint. Also I don’t really like menthol.

I have to admit I didn’t steep it at all as it’s too impractical at this stage as I am only making 5ml tester batches so far so I just made do with giving it a good shake.

The recipe called for 4.5% chocolate fudge brownie (CAP), 4.5% creme de menthe (TFA) and 5% vanilla bean ice cream (CAP) plus 1% sweetener.

I’m thinking I might try a little Capella peppermint, some stronger chocolate and drop the vanilla down to 2%.

I used to buy a ready made strong mint liquid from Hangsen that didn’t taste of menthol but gave my other eliquids a nice freshness which I think is better for an ice cream flavour than anything with menthol.

I would welcome any suggestions.

2 Likes

I really like a combo of Flavorahs Ice and cool menthol… 3 drops each in 30ml (.12%)

There is vanilla bean from flavorah . Use it around .2% to .4% The Flavorahs cream, with the milk chocolate and white chocolate…add some whipped cream too… will get you going in the right spot…

I dont use anything but flv… so ymmv… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@MarylinC this is where I’d start I’d make my chocolate icecream base and once i was happy with that I’d add candy cane 0.2% 0.4% 0.5% and so on in till i find the sweet spot I’d also add bit of powdered sugar by one on one you probably thinking candy cane yuck but people underestimate the flavour just start low

3 Likes

then again could browse here to get ideas…

https://e-liquid-recipes.com/list?q=Mint+Choc+Chip+Ice+Cream&missing=0&recipesonly=0&adaptedfrom=&sort=score&direction=desc

2 Likes

That sounds like a great idea. I’ll check out the recipes to see which flavours and brands people seem to prefer for chocolate ice cream then I’ll look for a good Candy Cane and also a good peppermint and give those a try.

2 Likes

Flavour west candy cane is good just like the ones at Christmas

3 Likes

Thanks for that. I haven’t bought any Flavour West stuff so far so it’ll be interesting to try it.

2 Likes

My go to flavour company is flavour art but i use all manufacturers

2 Likes

I’ve only just started mixing and all I’m after is two really good flavours because I run two rigs and like to alternate between them.

I’ve decided on one of the recipes which is a clone of Naked Lava Flow (coconut, pineapple, strawberry and cream.

My number one flavour though is Mint Choc Chip Ice Cream that I’ve been buying in shortfills of from Rejuiced. If I can manage to create a recipe as nice as that then I’ll have all I need.

I’m just going to look for the best chocolate milkshake recipes on here and then add a combination of TFA peppermint and FW Candy Cane and see how it works.

3 Likes

This one might be a possibility. I’ve used it in the past and it’s decent.

5 Likes

Thanks TorturedZen he will help you he helped me help myself

3 Likes

Can i ask a question did you let them steep if so how long a lot of juice needs a steep

2 Likes

I think that’s maybe where you went wrong like fine wine it has to age patience is what you need. Typically fruits work shake and vape

3 Likes

If she was willing to show what she did… Im sure others could help even better. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I asked if we could see her flavour stash could somebody explain how to make it public

3 Likes

Just need to see the recipe… not her stash…
if there is something up with the recipe, I am sure we have a lot of standard flavor users that can help her out a lot easier… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@anon84779643 think this is it

The recipe called for 4.5% chocolate fudge brownie (CAP), 4.5% creme de menthe (TFA) and 5% vanilla bean ice cream (CAP) plus 1% sweetener.

I just scrolled up and found this

3 Likes

Im not good… I only do Flavorah…
Im sure we have some folks here that can look and maybe make some suggestions…

Personally I wouldnt do the 1% sweetener… but that is all I can say on it…

2 Likes

I did try to publish my first recipe which was my modified Naked Lava Flow recipe but it doesn’t seem to have gone public.

Anyway the recipe I used for this Mint Choc Chip was this one

As I said above, I’m just starting to test out small 5ml amounts to see if I’m going in the right direction first so I didn’t steep it but just made do with giving it a shake.

2 Likes

I dont play with those flavors any longer, @MarylinC
but you can click on them to read up more… like the brownie:

etc…

This is why @anon28032772 was saying to try them all as a solo first… find where you… not anyone else… enjoys it… then work on combining. It will give you a better vape mix that you yourself will find better made.

I know you said you do not want to get into drippers… that is fine…

you can look at the average usage and try maybe half the suggested amount used, and work up… in solo flavors in your tank… Its called SFT… and keep your notes.

Your mouth and body changes and so will the flavors made from the companies over time, and this way you can keep track of everything… if you keep your notes… doesn’t matter if you want 1 juice or 10… but knowing how to do it, is half the battle :slight_smile:

Hopefully someone will pipe up with better reply on that particular recipe… :slight_smile:

3 Likes