Ijoy Asolo 200 watt?

I have one coming as well - It’ll be interesting to see how well it works…

1 Like

I have one on the way…looks like we are all in for some kind of surprise, be it good or bad…

1 Like

Hopefully it’s just a very steep learning curve . All the reviewers seemed to have trouble with it and liked it after they figured out how to work it .

1 Like

Except P Busardo ,he didn’t seem to like it but I think he was just pissed of because he couldn’t test it in his normal fashion .

1 Like

Just giving ya my experience sorry. Now in regular wattage mode it does fine under 100watts besides asking me if its a new coil everytime i vape. I use low builds and they need power, this just doesnt do it. If ya vape .5 coils in a tank all day itll be fine for ya. Ive had mine for almost 2 months now and unfortunately it does it no matter what rda i put on it, im a dripper, i dont use tanks. Granted i have 2 crowns a aromamizer rdta, starre tank, subtank original, and atlantis and it does it for all of them. Its just a pain. But maybe yours wont have any issues. Its a step in the right direction but its not there yet, maybe v2 will be able to do temp control with kanthal. But this one does work unless youre using like 30g, i havent used 30g in about 8 months now. Good luck bud.

1 Like

I appreciate the input. People need to know this stuff so its good to have first hand accounts on forums like these to advise people to either buy or stay away from mods like this one . Unfortunately for me …lack of info and no lack of beer made me buy it .

1 Like

So …what’s the initial thoughts here guys ? Quit holding out

Well, so far it’s worked beautifully for me. On my TFV4 dual RBA with titanium, it uses taste control (not temperature control), but somehow it seems to be working! It’s smaller than the XCube - the display looks kinda cheap, mostly because it’s small and narrow…

So far, I like mine!

Oh, side note: I am running the Crown with SS-dual coils on my XCube in temp mode - works well, although it measured the initial resistance of the coil way too high…

3 Likes

Have you tried to burn a dry wick ?

1 Like

I didn’t, but without pulling I fired it, and it certainly looked like the “control” kicked in :smile:

2 Likes

I’m beggining to grow impatient for mine to get here now .

1 Like

OK…here goes:
First thing: the wattage on this thing is off…I have to up the wattage about 30w to compensate for the offage…to equal the 100w from my IPV4s, I hafta bump the Asolo to 130w…anybody else experience this??
Next: I have only tried a TFV4 with a stock quad core coil in it and the “TC” on any wire is actually just a percentage raise or lower from a set wattage…I haven’t tied Ni or TI yet, but it claims to support the two…ill try the Ti when my 22g gets here…
Thats all I got right now except that it DOES come with a silicone sleeve and its a tiny little booger…lol
Bedtime for the big guy…
Keep sharing notes everybody!
Goodnight!!

1 Like

Received mine today ! Built quite well , nice and sturdy . Wattage Is off as mentioned …quite significantly (25-30 watts ) but not really a big deal as its a “200” watt mod . The ohm meter seems to be off by .01-02 as well . All that makes no difference to me as this thing actually works ! I vaped my Hatrick down to nothing ( kanthal ) and it would not let me Vape no more till I refilled so far this is a win to me . I’m going to try stainless and titanium tonight some time but for now I’m loving the size and feel of it .

5 Likes

Ok …I love this thing . I haven’t had a problem with any kind of wire titanium , stainless, kanthal , nickel . I’ll be honest I didn’t spend much time with the nickel cause it kills my throat but the short test I gave it worked perfectly . It almost lets the coil dry right out ( you can taste it drying out but not a dry hit ) then won’t let you vape any further till you refill . I don’t regret buying this mod in the least .I think they hit a homerun here .

1 Like

Really??? You’ve tried the real TC on the Ti? And it worked? Cool…I guess…
And you were OK with that TC whatever with the Kanthal and SS??

1 Like

Ya seemed to work similar to my ipv4 almost on the temp control .

1 Like

I’ve found it a best to have about 5 good pulls before you put it in " taste control "

1 Like

Whatever it’s doing in taste control seems to be working . It will let the coil get dry to the point of almost getting a dry hit then shuts it down .
You can taste that it is getting dry though but I took it to the limit and thankfully it didn’t let me down

1 Like

I have to do more testing with the TI and the NI but so far it’s been working as it should( but that always seems to be the case untill a mod let’s you down )

2 Likes

I’ve only tried it with dual coil titanium - for me it works very well as well - running mine in TC mode after “training it” with 85W :smile:

1 Like