In general, how many different flavor manufacturers do you use?

giggles Not my fault… no way!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

FW at 59% is also surprising. I don’t have many, but some are must haves for sure.

JF, FE, OoO, PUR, (DIYFS) are missing of more popular brands.

5 Likes

Good thing I haven’t put any money on it. I swear I would’ve started with TPA, then CAP, then FW and then the rest like FA, INW, etc.
Slight reality check.

6 Likes

I dunno Smoky, I’m thinking maybe TWO too !!!

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, we may have to RE-run this one @Mikser, For Sure Jf, FE, OoO, and DIYFS, and maybe PUR. Guess the “other” will get a spike for my OP omissions.

1 Like

Nopes… :smiley:

2 Likes

ya can not edit the poll??

2 Likes

27pct for MF wow…i didnt think it would be that high

4 Likes

Ill try the new company out , but will only buy 10ml and test b4 buying anymore…Ill also only buy a couple like SMS and Yum …

5 Likes

I can, but I decided to let it roll as is, because not everyone would re-vote, making the results even less valuable.

4 Likes

I struggled with my votes. I ended up answering based on…when I mix every two weeks which brands do I consistently use.

If you asked which brands hold the highest percentage number of slots per flavoring company…flv (since I won the whole line), and fa. Then it’s a handful go cap, tpa, inw, and mf.

If I was asked to pick to keep only two or three brands…mf for number one, then it would be fa and flv.

5 Likes

I can live without everything rf, except that damn French toast… oh btw your strawberry milkshake recipe made with rf sc strawberry gelato is possibly better than the sms… but if you don’t already have it I wouldn’t go buy it lol

5 Likes

I dont have the gelato , I heard it was a good flavor though…

3 Likes

Happy to see flavour art that high. I pretty much own the whole of their range, and they are very useful to me. Yet, around here, I find that it is possibly the least discussed brand of the big ones.
Flv gets its useful fan evangelist, the vcv1 and sugar cookie crowd push their cap, TPA gets a lot of mentions from newer mixers and old recipes. And Fa sits there in the middle not being mentioned all that much.
I rediscovered their tiramisu this week, and it is a killer flavour, for example. It is also drops away from being a good chocolate mousse, a gianduja, or an orange flavoured truffle.

8 Likes

I happen to know but can not say…

You guys are missing some manufactures… the only ones I can say are bakers flavors, jungle flavors and flavors express… If we do not talk about a manufacture, doesn’t mean it is not used.

Plus in North Carolina alone… there are over 3500 manufactures of flavor… lets not talk on Illinois or New York… there are a few major facilities there in those states too… and I think a few in Florida and Texas… :stuck_out_tongue:

and yes I will always pull for the best flavor company… I love my flv way too much… I have to say I am proud of the guys… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hehe I hear you @Chrispdx, it was a hard poll to create. Soo many different ways it COULD have been written. Finally I gave up after like 7 different variations, and just settled on, “What do you regularly use”, LOL.

2 Likes

Spoiler:
e.g. Mother Murphy’s ?? Aren’t they based in NC?

3 Likes

Mother murphy’s tho is off limt… They also produce things for… General Mills, Nestle, Hershey, RJR Alteria and more… the closest you can get to MM is FLV… and for a flavor manufacture with labs all over the world (with the right to be called Mother) and 150+ yrs in the flavor industry… I do not!!! Understand why people knock flavorah at all… American made owned and some damn super nice folks… yeah… you can not say that about any of the other flavor manufactures… However… they do not sell direct to the public and I cant say much more. Technically they are the ones that source the right things we all need for flavors.

Edit: I cant spell when I wake up… and my coffee is fab this morning… :smiley::coffee::revolving_hearts:

5 Likes

OOH, that sounds heavenly. I started following your recipes, that way if you ever do that orange truffle, I’ll be all over it. :grin:

3 Likes

Probably because it’s been so extensively (and accurately) covered in years gone by (2015 and older) by HiC and others, that almost anything you could want to know is easily searchable.

Even still, there’s plenty of old threads here that reference and discuss them. =)

In addition, with the shift of FA towards more complex flavors (bordering one shots), and their release of actual one shots (FA UK’s “Blends” line) which so far are kind of limited access (due to geographic issues), combined with recent additions of VTA and WF, etc… The natural excitement revolving around new manufacturers coming to the stage has overshadowed FA a bit.

7 Likes