In general, how many different flavor manufacturers do you use?

Great Poll :+1:

I only use FA for main mixing but do have one old bottle of graham cracker that I bought early on & don’t use now. I also have AP and WS23.

When I started mixing I found HIC’s info & all the talk of low percent hooked me & the DAAP free idea, and I was happy with my mixes and still am.

I also got caught out a bit with $/mls and purchased 30mls early on & the thought of running out of a flavour concerned me.

I didn’t realise that there were so many companies before I was directed to ELR.
I have thought about trying other brands but I like to KISS!

I have only recently bought AP & Ws23 and in the beginning stages of experimenting with them, oh, and my first DAAP flavour Premium Custard!

Overall I am happy with FA, only one flavour so far, that doesn’t work for me is FA Pineapple - onions!

I do feel that using one flavour is limiting to discussions here but not to my mixing.
There are tons of recipes and I just sub FA for other brands.

I’m not too fussy with my flavours/mixes - if it’s vapable either hubby or I will vape it - still better than the taste of smokes! :rofl:

Sorry this is so long.

8 Likes

OOO VC Cheesecake is pretty close, and is good after 3 days rather than 3 weeks. It’s a really nice flavour, it’s not a cheesecake, it’s a CCI

5 Likes

I’m enjoying flavorah pineapple

3 Likes

I just filled up for $22 today… one thing I love about Alabama LOL I’d love to write a book but I only do fiction. Even turned down a great deal from a Poker Star … me and realism don’t mix :innocent:

4 Likes

The biggest surprise in all this, for me at least, is that not more people mix with RF.
I also expected TPA to be higher at the top somehow…

7 Likes

RF might have been higher on the list if this was posted 6 months ago. They have since closed shop and sold the flavor recipes to diy-ejuice.com who will continue production under the name Real Flavours. RF also screwed a lot of vendors and users by sending out final stocks that were terrible, I have over 1,000 mls I will probably throw out but luckily was refunded by River Supply and BCF when they found the problem as well.

Welcome to the forum, great place :+1:

6 Likes

At least I am not the only one that sticks to one brand…
hmm… happy thoughts :smiley:

4 Likes

Where is Purilum on the list? I use those as much as most others as well. There was no box to vote, but I they are a major one for me.

EDIT: I’m sorry if I revive some older threads, I’ve been mostly absent and trying to catch up on some highlights :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Yeah, I screwed the pooch on that one @MysticRose. Next time I jam a poll up, I’ll provide better options.

Revive away @MysticRose !!!

5 Likes

[quote=“mjag, post:16, topic:232761”]
There are must-haves for me from all of the flavor makers listed. Would be unimaginable to limit myself to one flavor maker.[/quote]

THAT :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2:

Excited to hear that, just mixed some last week to try and love my custards. Any other WF you recommend other than the coconut custard and tahitian vanilla?

Maybe do a part 2?

3 Likes

I like the Peach Gummy, FLV makes one that I like better but I use a lot of it in a recipe a friends vapes like crazy. He cant tell the difference so why spend more on the FLV is my reasoning.

Crispy Wafer is good and unique, it wont appeal to everyone and I don’t use it often but I do like it.

Flapper Pie everyone seems to love, I got it but haven’t had a chance to try it yet.

Butter Cream Frosting is pretty tasty, a nice alternative to LorAnn CCI and worth trying.

I have been playing around with Coconut Rum and it adds a nice little kick to Pina Colada mixes.

Angel Cake is pretty tasty, like all cakes it needs help but I enjoy it.

Sour Gummy Candy is a good additive, have a recipe a friend just loves.

Sour Blue Raspberry Candy is tasty.

So far I am liking the new Cookie Butter, not like WOW so far but it is a good cookie.

I am not a big blueberry fan but Blueberry Jam is some tasty stuff, gotta work that into a mix.

Coconut Custard and Tahitian Vanilla are my must haves. The others I listed above I like but could probably live without except maybe Crispy Wafer as it is unique and harder to replace. I still have a lot more to test, bought almost the entire line and there hasn’t been much all out duds except…

Deep Fried Dough one of my least favorite dough flavors.

Crepe is just a weird flavor for me, gonna probably pif it.

Creme Custard is one of there new flavors but just doesn’t agree with my palette. Might try it with other things before giving up but so far not a fan.

Honey is new for them too, must have gotten a cat around the lab to fill up the bottles for them. I only like FLV Milk & Honey though, all other honeys can hit the bricks.

Butter Tart I am afraid to try, smells like old cheese. Maybe I will build up the strength to try it but it is at the bottom of the list based on smell.

Rum Baba is a flavor I ordered by accident and smelling it…well maybe that is what Rum Baba smells like? The smell is not terrible but not great either, not a flavor I am likely to try in a mix anytime soon.

Dweeb Candy not for me, not a horrible flavor…but just no

@anon70102222 has the entire SC line from WF, maybe he can chime in.

@MysticRose if you happen to get Vanilla Cream Extra and find the sweet spot for it please let me know. It smells soooooo good but having trouble finding the right % for it. I am zeroing in on under 0.50% as it gets weird up high. It is a flavor I have been dying to use as it smells so rich and creamy.

Almost forgot Peanut Brittle which is pretty authentic. I don’t use it much though, found out vaping peanut brittle is not for me but it sure is authentic. Thinking of using it low in mixes where I just want peanuts, might work that way.

I have been very impressed with the WF line thus far, that is why I kept buying more and more. I would suggest starting low when testing them, 2% or under, 1% might be better to start.

10 Likes

I do have the sour blue raspberry and like it quite a bit. Also got the angel cake ready to mix and try. I have also been tempted by the flapper pie…I’m a big dessert vaper so it’s in my wheelhouse. That Butter Tart too. Take one for the team and mix it up and let a girl know about them :wink:

Is the butter Cream Frosting BETTER than LA CCI or CAP Butter Cream? If not I won’t waste my money. I’ve gotten enough good to great flavors from different flavor houses now that unless it’s something new and intriguing or really well done I don’t feel the need to rework something that works well. However that Vanilla Cream Extra sounds challenging…hmmmmmm

FLV Milk & Honey is the only one I like as well, the rest are straight cat piss…lol.

6 Likes

Well for you I might have to try it out then :wink: It does freak me out though so gonna start low so I don’t throw up :laughing:

As far as the Butter Cream Frosting I would say it is different than CCI and in some mixes works better. I have grown a little tired of CCI, still love it but want something different and BCF fits the bill. I am not a fan of CAP Butter Cream, it’s ok but I would always just go with something else for my taste. I like FLV Frosting too, I am sort of good with all 3 depending on the mix, each does something a little differently that I feel they all 3 have a place in my stash.

I fell way behind everything with the flu, luckily is wasn’t Corona :crossed_fingers: I am barely back to being able to vape higher wattage, was only MTL for a long while after the flu because of my throat. I will mix up that old cheese…err… Butter Tart today and hope for the best but prepare for the worst :rofl: I am hoping it surprises me but am not confident

6 Likes

Mixed this one up at 0.50% and that is more than enough. I actually looked this one up after mixing it, WF recommends 0.1 to 1%.

On the shake it tastes like cream cheese, both on the knuckle and vaped. Not the most pleasant flavor but might have a place in a cheesecake recipe. According to google this is what a Butter Tart is:

A butter tart is a type of small pastry tart highly regarded in Canadian cuisine and considered one of Canada’s quintessential treats. The sweet tart consists of a filling of butter , sugar, syrup, and egg, baked in a pastry shell until the filling is semi-solid with a crunchy top.

I am guessing the tart part combined with the butter and crust is what is giving me the cream cheese flavor. After I read that description my thought was…OK, I can see that. Probably too niche for me to rebuy as I already have flavors I can use to replicate it, not that it is a flavor profile I am wanting to replicate though. I would like it a lot more if it didn’t have the “tart” part in it as the crust and butter would probably be delicious without it.

Gonna let it steep and if anything changes I will report back.

5 Likes

I’d also be curious (after you try the above first) to know what happens if you cut it by 50% (assuming you do like I do and keep an Unflavored pre-mixed base handy), giving you a final mix of 0.25%.

3 Likes

Thank you very very much for doing that!! Great descriptions, and why didn’t I even think about googling what a butter tart would be? Duh

Maybe a little will help push it more in the cheesecake direction, but I already have some pretty good cheesecakes so I’m not really looking for another.

5 Likes

Well dang it sparky, wasn’t really too interested in going much further into it but you do have a point…lol. gonna let it steep first, 0.50% does seem like the sweet spot, flavorful but not overly so, just not sure if I can get past that tart part, not a fan of tart. Will check back with it in a week then 2 and if all else fails will try it at 0.25% with mopy look on my face :pleading_face: :crazy_face:

@MysticRose I didn’t think to google what a butter tart was either until after tasting it and trying to figure out what it was. It is not as bad as I was expecting, didn’t throw up or anything :rofl:

4 Likes

You don’t have to bro. I was just wondering if it might be like some other flavors where certain notes don’t really begin to show up until you go above a certain point… :wink:

Whatever you decide to do is good by me bud! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I was just grumbling because you are making too much sense and I knew I would have to do it for my own curiosity. Sometimes my laziness gets the better of me but now I have to know…lol

5 Likes

Just got this in today…
Haven’t mixed it yet, but in doing a knuckle test I’m getting distinct berry notes here which is completely unexpected. May just be me at the moment… Will have to try again tomorrow. But it was strange enough to me ask. chuckles (almost like Berry Crunch TFA, but with a gold tint, instead of the darker tint)

/scratches head

5 Likes