In general, how many different flavor manufacturers do you use?

Weeell the sales manager does… here @ 1:46… :joy::laughing:

Themselves… : Company - Mother Murphys

Mother Murphy’s is a family-owned and operated food flavoring business

It’s the “other” markets that they don’t really talk about, if not on their videos and partially.

BTW it’s right, apparently they also supply Juul (Altria) as well…

3 Likes

I am not a paid employee of “that company”. I happen to enjoy using “that company” and yes I am an affiliate. Vested…

Since I am an affiliate, sure I earn around 25.00USD a month for people that do click my link and buy. I am a mass producer of recipes using “that company” because it is the only thing I mix with, have been for years now and enjoy it. I also sell recipes. So in a sense, yes I am “vested”, I prefer committed to making good juice, the best I can, with only one company. I have even outlasted HIC, and continue to help out in the community. It’s not so much giving back, as when I started mixing… there was zero cool places to hang out, ask the oddball questions or even meet up in vid chats with others about what I love to do. I do this because I really do enjoy it. Vested… in the best taste I can make, because I beleive I am worth it, and I like to share my recipes. I work really hard on them. I like hearing what others think on my recipes when they mix with “that company”, as not many even bother to say they have tried my recipe or agree with me, that there are some of the best flavors out there… sure “that company” has a few duds, as you all say… but I have managed to make those duds work for me… It’s not everyone’s cuppa… but it is mine… and all this chat… well… all of this is what it is… If you want to try it, then do so, if you do not… then don’t… If you can not laugh with me… then laugh at me… at least in the end you are laughing. Im sure I am not the only one to bring up what one likes in vaping or what one hates… just like with cars, trucks, boats, hot women or men… we all have things that just light up the world we are in… It isn’t a crime.

I have talked to a lot of folks personally… like @Iv3shf, @SessionDrummer, @fidalgo_vapes and @woftam and found super good friends in not just these but a lot more on site here and there and… and like they have said… I am passionate about what I like and I do talk about other things as well.

Sometimes Text is very hard to figure out tone… I think we all can admit that…

btw @Iv3shf:stuck_out_tongue: Cap that TFA :stuck_out_tongue:

No @Sprkslfly

They are world wide, and they are not the only big lab, there are a few other “Power flavor houses” that actually create from the molecule up… flavors for just about anything… even scents and aroma therapies… I can not say how many more… but there are a few in MM league…

My main thing is… they have been around for 150 yrs… they know flavor like no other… not even TFA… so why not show love where it is earned? Where they research and design? Why all the hate and the only here comes Smoky with another push… I can say they are fighting for us on this flavor ban too… it is good to know they are at least helping… and MM is not the only supplier to FLV…

This is pretty much what I have to say on the matter… does any of this really matter? To me… eh… I just know I will always appreciate the hard with the flavor industry has done for us in vaping. With good tastes, does anything else really damn matter?

I have to get to work, Im getting behind… and I have things to work on… I don’t let this keep me up at night, plotting out where I can place a clever word bomb… but I do work, and I like to play as well. I like having fun with everyone here… but nit picking and poking on things you think are huge… maybe you should look around… serious… and take a vape… chill… relax and try to have a good day! <3 :slight_smile:

Im not upset with anyone. I know how curiousity can be. I know.

I also know I have contracts, and new things in the works for me… I will have busy times, and times I can kick back, and the last thing I want to hear are complaints over saying a word to anyone on what I like… I damn sure do not do that to anyone… I dont.

If you like lo, tfa, cap, fa, rf, vta, wf, ff, je, or anything else… good… mix and vape more… that is what I want to see… go enjoy yourself, and your mixes… :slight_smile:

Did I cover everything? anything I left out? I hope I did but I am sure if I did not… someone will post up yet again.

edit: oh and no… I am not limited in my mixes… I could talk on other flavors, but i am bound not to. I dont mix with those any more… I haven’t in years… I wish someone could keep up and use my fav company for a month and then go back to what you mix… tell me about your experience… I’d love to hear it… and yes this could be a challenge.

7 Likes

Well, if nothing else, all this carrying on about Flavorah now has me wanting to try some. Being made by a company like Mother Murphy’s add some cred, for sure. Only problem is FLV has to wait in line behind the hundred something Wonder Flavors SC’s I got earlier this year so it will be a while!

3 Likes

@Phil_Fish… lets just hope the bans won’t effect anything on the diy side… I dont want to stop the contests… I like having fun with you all… and the contests are my way of giving back. The last few years I have been doing the giveaways… they are the high moment in the month for me, to be able to send out flavors and hope the winners will share mixes, thoughts or even screw ups! :slight_smile:

I dont have a coupon, but there is one in the coupon page here… so that might help you… I wish I could just give everyone free flavors… but someone has to pay for all that, and I really do not make much for what I put in… :wink:

that is my biggest worry right now that they will take our flavors… I can live without the nic… but flavors are just all that for me. :slight_smile:

I will say that “that company” has been behind the flavors, and will continue… unlike other companies… I wish I could go into detail with flavor creation and how a company chooses what is best… it is rather interesting, where the compounds and other things come into play, and how by changing just a few certain things, can give so many different results. Just like in our juice. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

It’s always been a rule for me that when I win contests, I PIF that to someone else. I enjoy that more than receiving things for myself. So even if I entered and somehow won, I would just redirect it to someone else. But it’s a nice gesture on FLV’s part to do it regularly.

I will have FLV in my stash at some point. It just hasn’t happened yet. And this poll will be long ceased by then so I won’t be able to update my answers but at least I did get the 8+ in, so that one will still be valid.

3 Likes

I understand… I don’t enter into a lot of contests, myself… as the suspense, and knowing a lot of folks do enter to either use for themselves, pif, or resell… I don’t don’t have the time… but I like knowing my contests do help others out… :wink: it is super nice of them to let me do them… and for them to have faith I run the contests fair and square… I also have my vape sister from another mother haha!! @TamVapes to help me close them out… I hope she has just as much fun… I know she does… :slight_smile:

eh there will be other polls and people that are truly just curious about what all we use, how we use our flavors and why we do the things we do :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue: if not… then create it yourself… it’s always fun!

4 Likes

on the side tho… I can promise TFA and CAP and even IWA, plus others, depending on where and how you view others that sell flavors… won’t disclose who or where their products come from… :wink: not many resellers will… nor is there really any need…

if you sit back and actually taste the flavors you work with… it really is not hard to figure things out.

2 Likes

It’s not related, but since I have been vaping and especially DIY mixing, I immediately notice when a processed food item contains a flavor I know from vaping. Hazelnut coffee creamer now tastes like a powdered vape juice to me, and I recognize the strawberry in the strawberry cream filled snack cakes too. In some ways it’s sad having the curtain pulled back on things like that, but it tends to show that many artificial flavors we have every day kind of all share common DNA.

4 Likes

And that… right there…

is what keeps me mixing… haha!! flavor discovery, be it food or drink, smells or tastes… yeah… I have been doing this for 10 yrs… and the most common question I get… is why keep vaping… Im off smokes… etc… it’s for the flavor discovery… it just keeps me happy… :slight_smile: <3

4 Likes

Thanks! :slight_smile: I’m not seeing any video at all on the about us page oddly enough. Not that it matters, as I appreciate the find regardless!

You’re blurring the subject matter, and it appears intentionally. Flavorah has NOT been around for 150 years. Mother Murphy’s has.

“why not show love where it is earned?”
But you’ve never been showing MM’s the love (directly). You show it to FLV.

Why do you get pushback sometimes?
Because of the fact that you CONSTANTLY suggest Flavorah where it hasn’t been mentioned (which would be fine, if it wasn’t so frequent), and doubly as “offensive” when it invades a thread with nothing to do with it.

It’s also the fact that you try and present yourself to this community as ‘just another mixer’ (frequently waving the “I just mix with what I love” shield, and other times hiding behind the “I’m under contract” clause). When in reality you work in the industry. DIRECTLY tied to the vaping flavors industry.

Though it’s interesting that you manage to ‘break the silence’, when it suits you.
I don’t think any of us would have known who MM’s provides for had you not dropped specific names. And it’s only in trying to verify that, that I ran across the GlassDoor and LinkedIn information that I did.
But again, such information seems to affirm the fact that you have access to information that someone who is not directly involved would not have. And again here:

The problem is, you miss the point!
We appreciate getting these inside nuggets of information. We appreciate the fact that you have a helping hand in getting quality flavors to our market. We appreciate the fact that you want us as DIY mixers to have a better understanding of how to approach dealing with FLV (not only in percentages, but in combinations). We appreciate YOU in the largest sense!

What I don’t appreciate, is being hit over the head with it every other time you turn a corner at ELR. You’re like that aunt you dearly love, but drives you crazy because of idiosyncratic tendencies. lol

If you would just accept (and embrace) the fact that you’re so far BEYOND a DIY mixer, that you should be wearing a vendor badge (since you are an industry professional, as well as now actively trying to market your one-shots/short-fills/or however you choose to market them…)

…you’d see that you would still be accepted, respected, and again, very much appreciated!

But when you appear to repeatedly try and obscure the details of your involvement (and status in the industry), it leaves a bad taste for those of us who understand much of the situation (though still not all, obviously). And new folks are confused AF by all of this “brewhaha” over someone who appears to be (to them) “just another mixer” (which you most certainly are not).

I don’t think you’re a shill. I do think you’re extremely proud of not only the companies you interact with (and work with) and WITH GOOD REASON. As you not only have a hand in some of those things, but when the companies you’re involved with are bringing quality product, with care and attention to the material components that make up these flavors, it’s doubly rewarding for you. Easy to understand why you sometimes get overzealous.

5 Likes

Sparky… yo… you are still trying to kill me off… the passive aggressive bits yeah… man… Im not even making enough for a living… wth is 25.00usd a month? a tank of gas…

You keep bringing it up… I keep telling you… I am not employed by anyone… at all…

Do I have experience? Yes, even in nets… imagine that! :smiley:

but until I have an income of a vendor, I am not a vendor. I am not even talking about my work. It pays less than flipping burgers and sliding onion rings… but I do support myself… is it your issue to know if I work in “the industry” or? ya wana pick up some of my bills? I could use a break on my car insurance or light bill.

I do have some things in the works… but I have no badge, I have no real income… Im still…

just a diy mixer with access to a few things most do not…

Yes I can admit it… if you can stop with all this. :slight_smile:

Happy now dear? It’s thursday… just about Friday and I would love for us all to have a better weekend than this thread here… can we do just that?

Im not even going to read your whole post… I can’t… I have to put on my mom hat and so grab my kid from his job…

big hugs… cheer up… who really cares if I have experience or… be happy I do try to help out and I hope my advise is just that… take it or leave it… :slight_smile:

edit:
if it will keep you and you alone happy… will just stick to posting my recipes in “that company”'s thread and leave the rest of the site to you. that way I do not upset you and since it means so much to you. Tired of getting beat up because I have been mixing for so long… it’s called experience for a reason.

3 Likes

Well that explains things a bit I think.

Hmmm, now THAT would be a good challenge/idea.

Well, that happened to me, increased my FLV stash.

Hmmmmm, …I’m afraid, I don’t know if I can LOL.

2 Likes

Man, can you really get a tank of gas for 25 usd? That’s crazy :slight_smile:

The rest should be obvious for anyone who’s read you for a bit. But it is good you are able to put it out in the open.

4 Likes

I have a stock 1994 acrua intergra… with a sun roof and a kick butt stereo… :wink: I thump going down the street while blowing clouds. haha! :crazy_face:

It’s actually 30.00 to fill up from empty, but I can’t stand it low at a 1/4 tank. I like knowing I have gas and can go. Think I put in about 1800.00 of work on it last year and holding my breath it won’t fall apart this winter. Being a single mom is hard… but I manage. I work hard for what vendor pay I get, and I can’t cry to anyone. I choose my job, or well… it chose me.

I mix well and enjoy some of the best juice… I pif a lot of juice to those I know in need, when I am able. The 25.00 a mo comes from my affiliate link, on average. Every little bit I get always has some sort of purpose, and grateful I can just keep going. Maybe I should enlist @authormichellehughes to help write a book on the path that was built for me… I doubt it would be a top #1 but it would hit the best seller list. Maybe even the NY Times… but I doubt it. I could be wrong but… :stuck_out_tongue:

Now back to my threads I need to stay in… I actually have work tonight I need to finish up.

5 Likes

The joke was more that at 1.80usd a liter, like it is around here, for 25 usd you can fill up a large moped.

3 Likes

I know gas is very expensive in the EU…
I also know there are a lot more transit options there… not sure about the UK or other places :wink: but Im curious too!

2 Likes

@anon84779643 wants to be an individual with just one company haha jk

2 Likes

Typically 2 (CAP and TFA), but have 2 others in recipes. I’ve also single flavor tested 4 flavors from 2 other manufacturers but never used those in a recipe.

4 Likes

Well… With 53 voters… Who would’ve thought that the gap between 3rd, 4th, and 5th places would be so miniscule?!!

3rd FLV (83%)
4th TFA (81%)
5th Ina (79%)

C’mon voters!! Keep it going! :smiley:

4 Likes

I agree @Sprkslfly VOTE, vote, vote !!!

5 Likes