Inawera dilemma

In essence, a molasses based tobacco; most often a fruity concoction. I used to love going to hookah bars (a little under the influence of whatever) and spending the night in a reclined position puffing on a hookah. Super relaxing!

2 Likes

I just made daathā€™s prickly pear water and itā€™s good ! After so many attempts I am glad to have at least one solid recipe to make w/ it. Even if it ainā€™t my own !

1 Like

Im about to try it! I just realized I actually have 2 passion fruits?? haha I donā€™t remember ordering these but anyways I have tpaā€™s and FWā€¦Iā€™m leaning towards TPAā€™s but I have yet to use them and besides FW/MBV watermelon(which I HATE) I just got in TFAā€™s watermelon to try, have you used this as well? I havenā€™t had much luck on watermelons thus far and dont wanna over do it - Suggestions @daath?

In my (limited) experience, TPA watermelon needs a long steep or it tastes like old watermelon chewing gum. I have Lorann watermelon and Cap sweet watermelon as well. I havenā€™t used the Lorann much yet and Capā€™s isā€¦interesting. Not really sure how to describe it but it doesnā€™t scream watermelon to me. My 2c fwiw. :wink:

Thats unfortunate :frowning: It seems like watermelon is a hard one for people and Iā€™m kinda surprised with the amount of ā€œbadā€ ones out there, for being such a basic, simple flavorā€¦
The recipe calls for 2% FA watermelon, which is good since it is so lowā€¦do you recommend keeping it at 2% in comparing TFA to FAā€¦but it doesnā€™t seem you have used FA?
I have yet to try TFA and was hoping I finally found a decent watermelonā€¦sigh

Uh, not too sure. Iā€™d probably start with 5% Watermelon (TPA) - maybe even 4% and adjust to taste. The watermelon is not very powerful in my recipe, but itā€™s definitely there - of course you can adjust to taste, if you like the watermelon aspect :smile:

Flavour Art is strong stuff, compared to TPA.

1 Like

From what Iā€™ve heard around these parts, Nicotine Labs has the best watermelon and honeydew. I havenā€™t used FA, sorry.

2 Likes

Okā€¦I think I may try it at 3% actually, taste, adjust up if need be. I just canā€™t stand that artificial, candy like taste I have been getting with my other w.melons and I donā€™t want to ruin your recipe
When I have used my other watermelons even at 2% they were too much for me! I had that issue with peach flavors too, until I found INW,White,Yellowā€¦

Hmmmā€¦Iā€™ve actually never even heard of this company for flavors? Haha how is that even possible with all the years of DIYā€™n

(slowly backs away ashamed)

1 Like

Iā€™ve never researched or heard much talk about Nicotine Labs either! Their prices are quite good! Wonder if any one on ELR tried their flavors?

1 Like

Donā€™t let @ringling hear you say that :wink: I think @Amy2 uses them also.

3 Likes

New flavor vendor post time! Here we goā€¦

4 Likes

Just when I thought I could kick back, throw my feet up, take a big breath and relax in the knowledge Iā€™m set for a whileā€¦ass ton nicotineā€¦check, VGā€¦checkā€¦convinced to buy a crownā€¦checkā€¦batteriesā€¦checkā€¦convinced to buy a new chargerā€¦checkā€¦tons upon tons of new flavors and no reason to have to buy more at this. ohā€¦waitā€¦wait!!! Thereā€™s a new vendor I didnā€™t know about??? DAMN IT ALL TO HELL!!!

5 Likes

Nicotine labs is the former vapor shots then was flavor envy and well nicotine labs.

@ringling and I both adore their watermelon and their honey dew melon.

Their prices arenā€™t too good for bulk. You will hear Ringling talk about that , thatā€™s for sure. It ticks him off big time.

The other flavors I like of theirs are strawberry lemon ry4 . Ringling says they have the best mocha around. Sorry to get off topic being this is the inawera thread.

I used cappuccino tobacco INW tonight first time in a long while. It was on Dapā€™s recipe of " holy cannoli " the name struck me so I whipped it up.

Oh and watermelon TFA has a decent scent but fails to deliver a true watermelon it seems more rind like to me w/ chemical taste ( not to crack ) it was my first watermelon then moved on. I really enjoy colorless LA watermelon too and often pair it w/ FAā€™s.

2 Likes

Thanks Amy! Well shitā€¦looks like Im on the hunt for yet another watermelon, which is too bad because I bought 4oz based on a recommendationā€¦which so goes against my being when I always by an 8ml tester firstā€¦
Well the good thing for that guy is he will now be the biggest guy on the island of misfit flavors! Shit, they may even crown him king!

2 Likes

You can always bring down the % and pair it with whichever one you buy next so you donā€™t have to waste it. TFA scent wise isnā€™t bad just get one you like the taste of.

1 Like

Trueā€¦I believe the only one I havent tried is FA and this nicotine labsā€¦it may be a while before I make another purchase, since Iā€™m set on flavors at the moment (never said that before)

2 Likes

I love watermelon. I have everybodyā€™s as well ( the typical vendors anyhow) and the nicotine labs is the best of them. I tend to keep it and not use it as much Bc of your same dilemma I donā€™t want the hassle of buying 2 flavors from them.

1 Like

So Iā€™m a complete foolā€¦I did not get TFA watermelon(already have and hate) it is FA watermelon that I have yet to try and just bought (AHHH cant keep track anymore)ā€¦so anyway about to make the prickley water as is recipe! yay!

5 Likes

Youā€™re not the only one!

2 Likes