Incorrect Flavor Entry, Correction Requests

Believe me, so do I, it helps me to know whether or not I need to order a flavor if I want to try a certain recipe. And there have been a few times I’ve clicked on a recipe and it’s told me I don’t have everything, but I’m sure that I do. So I know at that point I need to double check the flavor names that are highlighted. It’s about 50/50 the times I had it wrong versus the recipe having an incorrect name. But in my defense, I’ve never added a flavor to the data base, I just didn’t always pick the correct one when I was first entering my flavors (I’m more vigilant now). I think the vast majority of us know that what @TorturedZen does is for all our benefit. Obviously the guy thought enough of TZ to name a recipe after him (anybody want to name their next recipe Neon Koala? Anybody? Bueller? No takers? Lol, ok I tried). And if this guy seriously left ELR because someone was trying to help him (ppl can’t try your recipes,if it names are wrong, it won’t come up in “what can I make”) the world in general is going to be a tough place.

8 Likes

I came across the very mature human that named a recipe after you. I couldn’t help but comment. I wasn’t rude, but I can’t fathom that others don’t understand the work that is put into this site that is free of charge for the DIY community to utilize. Thank you for your endless work @TorturedZen Have a great weekend!

7 Likes

I’ll make up a recipe named Neon Koala.
Going to have to think a while on the flavorings.
Maybe I’ll start this weekend.
I’ll let you know how it turns out.
Any flavor preferences for it?

5 Likes

Yay me! Lol. Sky’s the limit. I usually prefer bakery profiles, but I remember you saying you like grape and orange profiles. So maybe something different, maybe something with that Shisha Orange. Honestly, I was just kidding, but it would be really cool if you did! Thank you :hugs:

4 Likes

Thanx LM. I left him a response but I have no doubt he will delete it.

5 Likes

What mg nic and PG/VG ratio ?

4 Likes

30PG/70VG, I’ve recently when from 6% down to 5% on nic

4 Likes

Lol the comments are amusing :joy: I’m a little bored today so I thought I’d play along.

5 Likes

@TorturedZen I, like others, really appreciate the work that you do in service to the folks who use this site. So a big THANKS to you.

6 Likes

Kudos to you @Lynda_Marie you took the high road when you responded. It’s SO hard for me to do that, and I was always told that “if you can’t say something nice……” So I just bite my tongue….ALOT! But they definitely do come across as extremely immature

5 Likes

I used to do that but I couldn’t stop the bleeding. Really though, I see nothing wrong with calling it like you see it. Sure some peeps may get offended/pissed off, but that’s their issue. If it’s something that warrants a verbal reaction/response or even just expressing your opinion then by all means do so. Why stifle your thoughts when you might be showing them an arguably better perspective?

6 Likes

Where is this gold?

2 Likes

I’m guessing they’ve made it private, perhaps realizing the error of their ways

3 Likes

Where, how do you enter a dupe flavor? I don’t believe that’s come to my attention and I’m sure I’ve screwed up along the way somewhere.

5 Likes

Resources, Guide, Flavor List, Duplicate Checker…

3 Likes

Why does ELR save flavors with 0 recipes? If you make a “wrong flavor”, then correct it, is that flavor saved to the db with 0 recipes? Why is it not removed? Like there must be 500x as many faulty flavors added and removed for every 1 new flavor released from a flavor house. Seems like just a waste of db space and risk for people to continue using the wrong flavor. Or am I missing something?

And even when new flavors are dropped, the users have to add them in the first place right, that’s the whole point of users being able to add flavors. Is it really that problematic that someone adds a correct new flavor, removes his recipes(including the flavor) and the next user using that flavor have to add it again? Compared to the amount of duplicates and faulty flavors that will get removed it seems like a super cheap price to pay.

But like I said, I might be overlooking something, feel free to educate me.

6 Likes

The answer those questions can probably come from only 1 or 2 people. But I will offer this…you are not the first to ask these questions. There have been quite a few of us wondering about the same issues over the years, yet the answers aren’t really forthcoming, and they might not ever be. It’s something that just has to be taken in stride until such a time when the powers that be decide to make a change. It’s a lame reply but better than nothing.

9 Likes

If one of those two people were me i got nothin, i dougt JoJo would know either. I dont under stand why There is this:
Strawberry, Ripe (TPA)
and this:
Peach (Juicy)(TPA)
Or this:
Juicy Peach (DX) (TPA)
Or this:
Pineapple Juicy (TPA)

Zero consistency across the same brand.

9 Likes

TPA definitely needs to get their shit together indeed.
Strawberry (Ripe)
Ripe Banana
Then they refer to Ripe Banana as “banana (ripe)” in their regular banana flavor.

I also assume that Strawberry (Ripe) is called both Strawberry (Ripe) and “, Ripe”. Their website says “(Ripe)”

But a lot of resellers including ELR calls it “Strawberry, Ripe”.

No wonder duplicates pop up…

7 Likes

And now you understand the why. Pretty annoying isnt it?

6 Likes