Incorrect Flavor Entry, Correction Requests

Yea but I mean like wouldn’t it be in ELR best interest to try to counter these discrepancies. Its chaos as it is from TPA’s side, don’t need to support that behavior from ELR’s side so to say. But yea def annoying. Not only that but the resellers make up their own names as they go along too.

Also have you guys ever thought about a dupe history linkage? I guess there are a lot of dupes regarding for example “Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA)”. So you guys have probably dupe checked those 200 times through the years. Do you have any sort of “history” for dupes. Like if I were to report “Ripe Strawberry (TPA)” as a duplicate of “Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA)”, then all those recipes get merged, name and everything is fine. Then the next dude comes a long, buys his flavor from Bullcityflavors which calls the flavor by the wrong name “Ripe Strawberry” he makes his recipe, now you got the same dupe that was just fixed back in the db. But with a linkage between the old duplicate names, that new dupe could be handled automatically. Every time someone enters an old dupe name, that just overrides it and forces the correct name. No more of that dupe in the db ever again.

5 Likes

My powers for change on the recipe side are extremely limited, history is not one of the things i am able to see.

6 Likes

Depends on your definition of ‘best interest’. We work in the site’s best interest by trying to get the flavor names cleaned up so the DB and search engines functions smoothly. But it anybody’s guess what Lars is thinking and what he deems ‘best interest’.
My sense is all of these issues and proposed solutions are a low priority for him. Have you attempted to contact him yet?

2 Likes

Yea sent a couple mails, tried the discord, some feedback form and so on a while ago, until i found you guys in the forums, here I get at least some response so I don’t feel insane talking to myself ^^

5 Likes