India Bans Vaping

I already share this with a few of you …

The Union Cabinet on Wednesday approved an ordinance for banning production, import, distribution and sale of electronic cigarettes

“The Health Ministry Ordinance does not refer to cultivation, manufacturing of tobacco or nicotine or its export. Presently India does not manufacture or export e-cigarettes. It is being imported and therefore the Ordinance does not impact the livelihood of tobacco and nicotine, farmers, manufacturers, traders etc," Bhavna B Mukhopadhyay, Chief Executive, Voluntary Health Association of India.

6 Likes

Please

“Play the ball not the man”

We can be bold enough to make a stand and do battle for our views and beliefs. But we must strive to be mature enough not to resort to unnecessary personal attacks upon people with opposing views.

6 Likes

and I already showed you… bottom last paragraph of your own article:

The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has on Wednesday approved the Promulgation of the Prohibition of Electronic Cigarettes (production, manufacture, import, export, transport, sale, distribution, storage and advertisement) Ordinance, 2019.

import, export,

2 Likes

Yes, but that appears to be limited to ecigs only. Am I missing something ?

5 Likes

Atm they are still in talks, we all have to wait and see…
but when I see import and export… those gates are closed.

2 Likes

Well I’m all fully aware of slippery slopes, and these things START, and where they can END UP for sure. Weighing options.

1 Like

Your option is either put your money up, buy more… or sit down and wait… its not the end, and no need in panicking…

2 Likes

Never a bad idea to buy low, sell high.

1 Like

its going to be the same thing with mods, bases, flavors and more

Prices are going to go up, supply vs demand

2 Likes

Agreed @anon84779643. NEVER a bad idea to HASH these things out, among friends, who ARE in the know. As usual when TSHTF those who panic, are always the ones who did not prepare.

2 Likes

Im not upset with you SD… but I want you to know what is or can be going on.
We all need the info and we need to be passing it around, in the real world and online…

2 Likes

Hehe, no worries Smoky, my wife will take on THAT task. To be fair, my current NIC Freezer has been packed, and I should have upgraded it a while ago (and increasing storage as well). Think I’ll take this opportunity, to upsize a few cu. ft. and some liters.

2 Likes

If nicotine exports will be banned from India (which I doubt), I’m sure other producers will pick up the production and keep the price competitive. The major concern is hardware. Losing 40M customers is going to be a hit on the market. And that’s just in India, we can only imagine what these flavor bans will do to the rest of the global market.

4 Likes

Not going to happen… Prices from this point on will be going up.

2 Likes

Whoa, dude … sounds like “fake news”. I won’t believe it until it rolls from Dear Leader’s orange lips ! :hot_face:

Todays “Gaslight Special” is: Please Always Negate Insubstantiated Claims (that is, … P.A.N.I.C.) !!!

3 Likes

Come on, let’s all be a little realistic here. How much of the e-liquid price is defined by the price of nicotine? Sure, flavors and nicotine make the largest portion of the price, but it’s still a tiny amount compared to the end-user price of e-liquid and that’s largely defined by what people can or are willing to pay for it.
If they’re going to hike up the price like you say, charge $45 for 30ml of e-liquid, people are going to go back to smoking tobacco by the masses and the e-liquid companies will be killing their own business. This is just not going to happen. There is already too much going on to risk that.

2 Likes

Okie dokie… tell ya what… Im just sit back and vape on my flavored nic juice… for a long time…

You are free to do what ever you think… Im def not stopping anyone.
I just know how it was back in 2004-2112 and the prices that went with those 30ml-4oz bottles.
I remember even with those high prices how saturated the market was… and still earning those kinds of prices… but eh… Im going to vape on :wink:

3 Likes

Yes, I remember the 2100s. They were indeed very good years ! :grinning:

2 Likes

Looks like they “bipartisan leglislation” are coming after open systems (ENND Act) :

https://www.wweek.com/news/state/2019/09/19/senators-mitt-romney-and-jeff-merkley-join-forces-to-propose-vaping-restrictions/

2 Likes

The irony (more at gross negligence of it all) - This is what a newly approved (smoking device) looks like, brought to you by big tobacco by the same FDA that is going to ban life saving ones:

2 Likes