Interesting Velocity build

It’s 26g. Titanium with the Velocity Rda

I just got 3 velocity clones from fasttech. Very nice machining, shitty o rings but thats to live with. But what I can’t understand is that all of them jump around with resistance and produce very little vape!
9 wrap 24 g dual build will normally do quite good on my mutation X v4 around 70 w but these thing do not. I tried up to 120 with but no change. Firing with the cap off they produce nice vape for a second and then die out. All leads are triple checked for looseness and nothing seems out of place. What could be wrong?

take it apart at the positive post and 510 pin and clean all metal to metal contact points it sounds like a bad connection there

1 Like

Will do sir :+1::+1::+1:

Thanks for the help. Was so bummed out when they weren’t performing. Is it machine oil that reduces the connectivity?

1 Like

Not really sure but a friend had to do his this way then it worked like a champ and it was from FT

1 Like

he cleaned the threads on the screw with alcohol and fine steel wool

1 Like

Good to hear!

I’ll do a update tomorrow when I have cleaned them thoroughly. Crossing my fingers :grinning:

Just checked online and machine oil is not conductive. So that could be the culprit. Thanks again for the help brother.

Have a nice one​:+1::grinning:

This has been a very interesting thread. I have a velocity clone on the way & I’m pretty new to building, so seeing a few different builds is a great help. I think my first build will be the simple single coil that started this thread (thanks @Big_Benny_MI), seein as @wvsanta’s been having so much fun with it… [quote=“wvsanta, post:15, topic:38208”]
I definitely found my sweet spot with the same build I use in my Lemo tanks26g Ti 7 wraps 3mm ID the wicking is cotton bacon v2
[/quote]
Sounds good to me! …cept I dont have the cotton bacon
Then I might try this… 26g Ti 15wrap 3mm id dual coil at .31
This guy is looking for the perfect vape (like the rest of us!) & he seems to check all his boxes with this build. It rocks! …yet another way to skin the cat!

1 Like

I have heard rumors that Fasttechs velocity clones are actually a bit taller chamber than the original and pretty unstable. I have some tobeco 1;1 early clones that are good and recently bought another tobeco
later serial# and they really seem to have dialed it in as far as nice even post holes lead arms are flawless
as well as machining on deck and set screws seem better/smoother also

I can tell you my Fasttech Velocity clone is fantastic as far as drippers go. I love the way it vapes. Stability? I use with temperature control with no issues. My gripe is when they reverse-engineered the thing they left out the little tab and notch that aligns the cap properly with the base. So each time I replace the cap I have to look for the air holes to line them up. But for what, 10 bux or so, I can’t complain much. Hit’s like Sammy Sosa.

Oh yeah, and there was no machine oil on it either…very a-typical for most knockoffs.

2 Likes

got my velocity mini there no problems but definately like the original size and flav

My Velocity from FT is perfect. It looks identical to the Tobeco model. I rebuild on this thing about twice a week (I get bored easily) and I have no positive post movement at all. Everything fits perfectly and the black has not chipped or worn out. I’m gonna buy more of 'em.

I have 2 FT Velocity Clones… the post holes are uneven, but they both fire and vape very good. I’m happy with them for the price.

2 Likes