Introducing the GC, Game Changer Homogenizer

Agreed @Dan_the_Man.

6 Likes

I don’t know about that but I think four hundred USD is a little high for me and it is unlikely I would be able to afford it but I would sure like to get one. Wouldn’t you if you could have your ADV in 24 hrs. I don’t know about you but I have a problem with procrastination and something like this would be a fabalas (intentionally miss spelled) thing to have around the house. Not only that but SFT would be a breeze. Some of us do a lot of SFT and some of us do it for companies also. For example, Lets say INW. sends 10 concentrates. When they come in I mix up some SFT right away. I test them every 5-7 days but don’t “review” them for at least 4 weeks and some need more than 4 weeks. Then I test them and make recipes with them also and that takes even more time. Then I have to make a video and edit it also and it takes soooo loonnggg.

If this actually works and I have no reason not to believe that it doesn’t then the name is brilliant because Game Changer is exactly what it is.

11 Likes

Good question and there probably is a better term to use. I can’t answer that but I would bet someone like @woftam could. He gets in much deeper than I with the chemistry aspects of mixing. I fully agree, the more air the poorer the results.

8 Likes

Yes, I have had the same results

8 Likes

And if you have the Dremel your at $200.00 shipped. Yes, that is much more expensive then a mag stirrer. It is however a far cry from over a grand and you are getting a better unit for e-juice. It is not for everyone for sure but it is creating a lot of interest among many to include small volume manufacturers. As you have noted, it has many clear benefits.

8 Likes

Aerating a mix will lead to quicker oxidation of the flavourings and if you added at the same time your Nic. In my experience, it will give your finished product a shorter life span.

Let me just share a quick video to show you how this differs from a milk frother. If you have used a frother you know you will get a mix that looks like you just poured a really bad beer that is all head (well not quite but u know what I mean).

While this video is not finished e-liquid it is a one-shot (so just flavours) it will give you a good idea of how a high shear mixer works (look at the surface of the mix) - I would also suggest you mute this video prior to playing it - the phone was pretty close to the Dremel so it is pretty loud.

14 Likes

Sort of off-topic. I fashioned a frother out of a 3v hobby motor and USB cable. Works almost too well, my results are the same as yours and mixes come out looking like soft-serv ice cream. However, if you have an ultrasonic cleaner available it will clear up that milkiness in just a few minutes (vs hours) via cavitation.

6 Likes

Absolutely! Great point. The U C works wonders.

6 Likes

So, if you have a Dremel that would work with the GC then it would only be $200? Now that is a number I can work with and by work with I mean “barrow” :rofl:

I Did not know that.

I don’t get it. I stopped using my “homemade” frother years ago because of the very reasons discussed in this topic. So, using an UC works wonders but to what purpose? Does the UC “fix” the problems of mixing with a frother?

6 Likes

It homogenizes a compound in seconds, which is what happens in weeks when left to traditionally ‘steep’. There is a profound difference between blending and homogenization (happening at the molecular level using mechanical means rather than the clock)- if there was not, then time steeping would not have been necessary all these years. Some think it is oxidation over time that matures e-juice, but that is completely incorrect.

Having been tormented by the drag of traditional time steeping methods over the years, I can tell you this is in fact a very aptly named device! An amazing invention indeed.

7 Likes

I guess I should have watched BEFORE posting a reply since you already mentioned the UC in the video. Sorry.

6 Likes

The UC will dissipate the suspended gasses quickly. The frothing part never worked well for me.

5 Likes

Bravo! Well stated.

7 Likes

I look at it this way- why does it take a DIY’er months, a year, or even a year+ to get a recipe corrected/perfected? It’s not the tweaks and adjustments- it is the time maturation needed between every single adjustment.

Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to make and test 5 different versions of a recipe, in a day?

Now you can.

Yeah, game changer.

11 Likes

All good. Still a good point.

5 Likes

Hell to the Yes!!!

7 Likes

You always could, you know. Homogenizers have been around for years. But who has thousands of dollars and a huge footprint available in their house to get one? Right, me either. But this thing fits in your pocket. It’s almost unfair.

7 Likes

My batches are normally limited to 30ml because I mix only for myself and rotate between batches a couple of times a day. Judging from the size of that device it looks like I may need to increase my volumes to accommodate, if I were to get one. And who wouldn’t want one after reading this thread! This is too much to think about before coffee.

9 Likes

I agree @SmilingOgre. I mean, I have NO CLUE what’s going on at the molecular level during steeping except, “You know, it’s magic and shit”, but like you said, my experience mirrored, frothing worked GREAT on my steamed milk for my cappucinno but did squat for my mixes.

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure @SmilingOgre might have answered this on the “other” thread, but is there ANY viable, poor man’s option in this type of equipment ?

5 Likes